Bechton and McGovern statements vs. the Fans

JoePNYJ1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Becton was only born in 1999. 

The same year us fake fans watched our QB in Vinny tear his ACL week 1. 

Becton wasn't even born yet while us fake fans became heartbroken @ Denver 1998 AFC Championship Game while Elway and T.D came roaring back with a come from behind victory. 

But yet he has the nerve to call us fake fans while he's getting paid $4M per season in order to talk down on us real fans? 

And he has a loser mentality to celebrate 1-13 as if he just won the SB or something? This guy wasn't even yet born when Barry Sanders had too much pride to celebrate a TD but yet this kid is celebrating 1-13 as if he just won a SB? That's disgusting. 

I wonder if he also celebrated Louisville's 2-10 losing season of 2018? 

If he doesn't issue an apology to our loyal and passionate fan base well then I couldn't care less if he ends up a future HOF player I hope us fake and/or non real Jet fans never place a single vote on him and his loser mentality for the Pro Bowl. 

And I hope we draft Sewell if we lose out on Lawrence and move him over to RT because Penei Sewell is the greatest LT Prospect since dating back to Orlando Pace and is a much better pass protector than Becton could ever become (he's a better mauler and road grader in the run game) and has already allowed 6 sacks this year. 

Let's see how much of a real Jet fan Becton becomes once he loses out on LT bonuses ($$$$) while playing second fiddle to Sewell who's then labeled NFL Franchise LT. 

Let's see how much of a Real Jets fan Becton becomes when he doesn't pull a Tom Brady and doesn't agree to play for much less come Free Agency when he refuses to take a hometown discount @ RT...

Good grief.  Put the gun down.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, JoePNYJ1 said:

They are....in a players sense.  But not controlling your emotions and making stupid comments is a problem.

Personally, I think it's the Fans who need to learn to control their emotions and not make foolish comments (or foolishly overinvest in things before we have them).  JMO.

With that said, no, it's really not a problem. 

99.9999999% of the Fanbase will be ready to cheer Becton, an elite talent, on in 2021 and beyond, and these comments will be long forgotten.

And the second he isn't performing, the Fans will turn on him as they always do, and treat him like trash.

Fans are, honestly, mostly horrible people when it comes to the treatment of their teams players.  Deified one day, trashcan fodder the next, no care whatsoever that they are human beings, often very young ones at that.

TLDR:  Fans need to get over it and stop whining like children.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Becton was only born in 1999. 

The same year us fake fans watched our QB in Vinny tear his ACL week 1. 

Becton wasn't even born yet while us fake fans became heartbroken @ Denver 1998 AFC Championship Game while Elway and T.D came roaring back with a come from behind victory. 

But yet he has the nerve to call us fake fans while he's getting paid $4M per season in order to talk down on us real fans? 

And he has a loser mentality to celebrate 1-13 as if he just won the SB or something? This guy wasn't even yet born when Barry Sanders had too much pride to celebrate a TD but yet this kid is celebrating 1-13 as if he just won a SB? That's disgusting. 

I wonder if he also celebrated Louisville's 2-10 losing season of 2018? 

If he doesn't issue an apology to our loyal and passionate fan base well then I couldn't care less if he ends up a future HOF player I hope us fake and/or non real Jet fans never place a single vote on him and his loser mentality for the Pro Bowl. 

And I hope we draft Sewell if we lose out on Lawrence and move him over to RT because Penei Sewell is the greatest LT Prospect since dating back to Orlando Pace and is a much better pass protector than Becton could ever become (he's a better mauler and road grader in the run game) and has already allowed 6 sacks this year. 

Let's see how much of a real Jet fan Becton becomes once he loses out on LT bonuses ($$$$) while playing second fiddle to Sewell who's then labeled NFL Franchise LT. 

Let's see how much of a Real Jets fan Becton becomes when he doesn't pull a Tom Brady and doesn't agree to play for much less come Free Agency when he refuses to take a hometown discount @ RT...

Aren't you "done" with the Jets?

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

No.

Players should always want to win.   Especially since many of these players may not be on the team next year, their employment next year depends on how they play now.

Players should always want to win.

Except this time ☺️

50 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I agree that he "gets it" and definitely handled the question better than Q, but honestly, who cares? 

Q  has been a beast most of the year and turning into our best all around player. He got knocked unconscious a few days ago and was throwing up walking off the field. Can we cut him some slack for being a little too invested in this year and not properly taking into account the long term ramifications of TL vs Fields vs Wilson? 

Fair enough.  I guess I really dont care but I'm bored and it was a good take, admit it.

24 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

As much as you throw digs at NY stereotypes, how did you become a jet fan?
Serious question.

Enjoy your posts not being sarcastic 

Preface this by saying I come from a family of die-hard Bears fans.  Dad, brother, Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins all of them.  Probably 70 some Bears fans in all.  I'm the black sheep.

I couldn't tell you exactly why I didn't want to be a Bears fan, but I do remember the reason and moment I became a Jets fan.  The reason is quite simple, Green was my favorite color.  Couldn't tell you the exact date or game, but probably around 1990 or 1991.  The Jets somehow were on local TV and I saw their green helmets and then they won and that was that.  Al Toon was my first favorite player based on that game. I've never waivered.  The funny part to me is a glommed onto them when they were pretty crappy or mediocre at best.  All the other kids in my grades are Cowboys or Niners fans if not one of the Midwest teams.

And truth be told, I'm just busting chops about the NYC stuff.  You Northeasterners are good in my book.  I'll also be the first to make fun of country bumpkins from Iowa!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Meh, they should have just kept the mouths shut or blown off the question.  I live in Jax, Miles Jack was asked that question the other day and I thought he answered it perfectly, he basically said,; "We are trying to win every time we take that field.  We're going all out for each other, the guys in the locker-room, the work we've put in this year and for our future.  Losing weighs on you.  That said, I totally understand where the fans are coming from".  Respect to Miles Jack, that's a man who gets it.  

The bottom line is, these 2 dudes just got here and would leave the Jets in a heartbeat for a better contract but guess who will still be here?  Fans.  And the reason we're rooting for losses is because this team, this year, is terrible.  Has nothing do with the past transgressions of this team.  Becton and McGovern and the 2020 NY Jets are the reason fans are rooting for losses.  Nobody was coming into this season saying Tank for Trevor. We didnt want to suck.  I dont know about you but I would have preferred to win the Super Bowl but instead, modestly, we were all hopeful we could build of the strong finish and that Sam Darnold would take the next step.  Yet, they were, 0-13 so as a fan, what choice do we have at that point?  We're looking to next year and beyond.  The season is over, does anyone really feel better because of that win suddenly?  Ofcourse not.  There is no building off this and they have to know that sh*t. 

And of all 2 players to say this, they should want the #1 overall the most!!!  What's better for your career???$$$  Blocking for Sam Darnold or Trevor Lawrence?

I get all that, and yea they probably could/should have gone with the diplomatic approach like Jack - but ultimately they’ve got a point and they’re right. I don’t care enough to take offense about the fact that they said it out loud. I’m more upset that Gase was allowed to coach and that Sam was allowed to play. Those two directives should have come from JD or the Johnsons, and they didn’t. 

2 hours ago, JoePNYJ1 said:

While I understand that the players jobs are to go out there and give it 120% and try to win at all costs, they also need to understand us as Jet fans.  Tanking was the only option for this team to get a legitimate generational talent like Trevor Lawrence.  Going to social media and calling us fans couch potatoes and not true fans is not the right thing to do and will just piss people off.  If Joe Douglas wants to build a positive culture here, he needs to address this immediately with both players and have them issue an apology.  We have suffered through this sh*t long enough along with the dumpster fire that is this organization.  Bechton is still a kid at 21 but McGovern is older and should know better.   

Dumbest whiniest thread I've ever read.  Get over it people.  Stop watching if you are so offended.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

And they earned the right to say what they want.  They put in the hours to become pro's.  You can choose not to follow the steaming pile of cow manure. 

Around and around.....

And we can criticize them for what they say, as the paying customers.  So who gives a f**k what the players OR fans say in this instance, really?  There's not going to be any agreement there.  

1 hour ago, jetsrule128 said:

68 players got to celebrate winning a game 

68 players did not want to go 0-16 

And half of them won't even be on the team next season.  Several of those won't even be in the league anymore.

Meanwhile, we'll all still be here, stuck rooting for a dogsh*t franchise that hasn't been to the playoffs in a decade, and may well be a safe bet not to get there in the 2020's, either.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Great topic. 
So if we lose the first game next year, do the players roll it up and go for the tank?  How do they decide when we fans want losses instead of wins?

Season ticket holders have the most at stake here. We could put poll boxes in the parking lots. When a majority want to tank, the players can all go on injured reserve. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I was just kidding. I’m thrilled with him as a player but worry about him suffering from his size like Kris Jenkins and all those injuries. 

I know , I was kidding as well. Imagine trying to tell that monster he was cut, i'd knock on his door ask him to throw out his playbook and run. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And we can criticize them for what they say, as the paying customers.  So who gives a f**k what the players OR fans say in this instance, really?  There's not going to be any agreement there.  

Absolutely!  I can't agree more....nobody should give two sh*ts about this, really. 

SO...I will be the next one to stop commenting on the matter! 

Some of us are nuts!!

We are screaming for days that the Jets blew it by winning a game when that is the reason every man on that team puts on a uniform, so maybe they don’t want to called bums and losers so they win!!

That is what professional athletes do!

And if i was on a team and i felt guys were losing on purpose we would literally being fighting.  

You don’t become a professional anything by turning it on and off like water. 

To paraphrase Vince Lombardi “Winning isn’t a once and a while thing it is an everyday thing” and that is what those young men are reminding you even if it is just one game. 

53 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Some of us are nuts!!

We are screaming for days that the Jets blew it by winning a game when that is the reason every man on that team puts on a uniform, so maybe they don’t want to called bums and losers so they win!!

That is what professional athletes do!

And if i was on a team and i felt guys were losing on purpose we would literally being fighting.  

You don’t become a professional anything by turning it on and off like water. 

To paraphrase Vince Lombardi “Winning isn’t a once and a while thing it is an everyday thing” and that is what those young men are reminding you even if it is just one game. 

How many times does it need to be explained that we all understand players don't intentionally lose?  What a cold take this is at this point.

There are very few posters on here whose takes I disagree with more often than yours, Charlie Brown.