Sam Darnold deep ball

Jetsbb

Now that the most like scenario is a repeat of the Mark Sanchez extension what is the deal with his deep ball? Yea he is a poor decision maker, easily rattled, and makes bone headed mistakes but his biggest weakness is the straight deep ball. When was the last time he threw it deep with the guy making it in stride? He can make the line drive throws but those deep arcing throws are an enigma.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

If this organization gives Darnold a Mark Sanchez type extension, I'm out like Rex Ryan in dodgeball. 

We can't possibly do that twice in a decade, right? 

They should just let Sam hit the market.  I doubt the market for him will be that good.  Just resign him then if we feel that's the way to go.

3 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Now that the most like scenario is a repeat of the Mark Sanchez extension what is the deal with his deep ball? Yea he is a poor decision maker, easily rattled, and makes bone headed mistakes but his biggest weakness is the straight deep ball. When was the last time he threw it deep with the guy making it in stride? He can make the line drive throws but those deep arcing throws are an enigma.

Yeah, I can count on one hand the times he's connected on deep balls in his time here. But don't you know? It's because he's lacked good coaching and a playoff caliber supporting cast. Give him all that in the offseason, and watch him fling 50-yard dimes in 2021!

11 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

It's weird because he puts in a lot of practice:

Uncle Rico GIF by memecandy

Would you believe I had the same exact van when I was 19 years old? 1978 Dodge Tradesman 200 with a 318 V6. Camper van with a bed in the back. A refrigerator 18 running lights and stereo speakers surround sound removable poker tables captains chairs it was so awesome! same color and everything!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Yes, his deep ball is pretty awful.  For whatever reason, he just can't seem to hit it in stride.  He certainly had me fooled after his Pro Day in the rain.

His strength is 20-30 yard throws on a rope.  He can throw those very well.  See the TD throw to Robby against Pittsburgh in 2019.  A thing of beauty.

• Upvote 1

Seriously at least Sanchez had the franchise record for playoff wins and we literally had nothing else to start at qb.

Darnold sucks and is a loser who can't even loose properly

If this organization gives Darnold a Mark Sanchez type extension, I'm out like Rex Ryan in dodgeball. 
We can't possibly do that twice in a decade, right? 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

56 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Would you believe I had the same exact van when I was 19 years old? 1978 Dodge Tradesman 200 with a 318 V6. Camper van with a bed in the back. A refrigerator 18 running lights and stereo speakers surround sound removable poker tables captains chairs it was so awesome! same color and everything!

Could you also throw a football of them mountains?

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

i don't think he is the most accurate deep ball thrower but i think the notion that his deep ball is bad is overblown. if anything i think he needs people who can actually get open deep more then anything.

I stopped watching because.. I mean.. most of those weren't deep.