BYU on tonight at 7. Required Watching

section314

2 hours ago, usanyj said:

I’ve been watching Zach Wilson tape... he kind of reminds me of baker mayfield. Seems like a tough kid. Maybe I’m just trying to convince myself, but I can get on board with him I think.

Rule doesn't apply when the word "man" is literally in your last name. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shelbyblue said:

KYLE TRASK florida is the dude.Watch him and you see Josh Allen. Big strong really good feet delivers accurate balls, tough as a runner, holds safeties with his eyes. This is the guy at #2

There’s a better chance of me winning the lottery than Kyle Trask getting drafted #2 overall.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I'll be watching but UCF isn't exactly a standard of good defensive talent down here in Florida lol they've produced a whopping 9 NFL defensive players over the past 10 years etc. 

However my biggest fear with Wilson (especially after Pennington) is that this kid has already suffered a shoulder injury to his throwing arm in which required shoulder surgery; and I'm just not comfortable with that (before he's even ever taken an NFL hit). 

He's an awesome talent though; I've just got my concerns as a fan. 

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'll be watching but UCF isn't exactly a standard of good defensive talent down here in Florida lol they've produced a whopping 9 NFL defensive players over the past 10 years etc. 

However my biggest fear with Wilson (especially after Pennington) is that this kid has already suffered a shoulder injury to his throwing arm in which required shoulder surgery; and I'm just not comfortable with that (before he's even ever taken an NFL hit). 

I’m no Zach Wilson stan, but it was a partially torn labrum from his High School days.  That’s not really a big deal.  He still has an absolute laser for an arm.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m no Zach Wilson stan, but it was a partially torn labrum from his High School days.  That’s not really a big deal.  He still has an absolute laser for an arm.

He's also had surgery on his hand before but in regards to his shoulder yes it's a laser right now but how will his shoulder be in 5-10 years from today after taking a pounding from NFL D-Lineman and NFL Linebackers? 

To each our own but I just rather not draft a kid who's already suffered an injury that required surgery to his throwing shoulder; at least not with a 1st round draft pick I wouldn't. 

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's also had surgery on his hand before but in regards to his shoulder yes it's a laser right now but how will his shoulder be in 5-10 years from today after taking a pounding from NFL D-Lineman and NFL Linebackers? 

To each our own but I just rather not draft a kid who's already suffered an injury that required surgery to his throwing shoulder; at least not with a 1st round draft pick I wouldn't. 

I don’t particularly want him either, but I’m just pointing out that the injury history is nothing serious.  Plenty of QBs get labrum surgery in the off-season and are, largely, unaffected by it.  FWIW, it’s the potential for future injuries that are more concerning because he has such a small frame, but that’s a totally different discussion.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, usanyj said:

I’ve been watching Zach Wilson tape... he kind of reminds me of baker mayfield. Seems like a tough kid. Maybe I’m just trying to convince myself, but I can get on board with him I think.

Funny you said this because i said this to someone today.  Throws darts and moves quickly.  I really think he’s our qb.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Funny you said this because i said this to someone today.  Throws darts and moves quickly.  I really think he’s our qb.

He looks small but he’s actual 6’3, same size as darnold. I’ve warmed to the idea. I see Douglas going for a guy like him more than fields.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I don’t believe so, The Draft Network only lists the throwing shoulder and hand:

B8563469-B1F6-4AE6-A7C8-E8847F108CF2.jpeg.ae0d3cbb0d61f889d9113a4a04e3022d.jpeg

https://universe.byu.edu/2019/06/18/zach-wilson-explains-shoulder-injuries-on-media-day/

Wilson, in his interview with BYU Sports Nation, added that he also has a torn labrum in his left shoulder that will eventually require surgery. He said he has been limited in his workouts, including not being able to bench press, but does a lot of workouts with dumbbells and resistance bands, typical to the routine of a healthy quarterback. The torn labrum does not affect his quarterback abilities, he said, adding that he is able to play through it since he does not throw with his left arm.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, usanyj said:

He looks small but he’s actual 6’3, same size as darnold. I’ve warmed to the idea. I see Douglas going for a guy like him more than fields.

I don't because knowing JD even when many of us were screaming for Jeudy, Lamb etc he couldn't resist Becton. 

There's no way he passes on the highest rated generational O-Lineman in over 23 years (Orlando Pace). 

The only player JD would ever pass on Sewell for is Lawrence...

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

https://universe.byu.edu/2019/06/18/zach-wilson-explains-shoulder-injuries-on-media-day/

Wilson, in his interview with BYU Sports Nation, added that he also has a torn labrum in his left shoulder that will eventually require surgery. He said he has been limited in his workouts, including not being able to bench press, but does a lot of workouts with dumbbells and resistance bands, typical to the routine of a healthy quarterback. The torn labrum does not affect his quarterback abilities, he said, adding that he is able to play through it since he does not throw with his left arm.

Oh wow, had no idea.  Good find.  I’m surprised TDN didn’t know this.  They’re usually pretty good.