BYU on tonight at 7. Required Watching

section314

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I hear what you’re saying.  But if I’m daboll I’d rather take the rookie who hasn’t has 3 nfl seasons of terrible coaching, bad habits to undo and the mental strain/fatigue of the ny jets stink to get rid of.  I’d rather have someone like Wilson, who shows a lot of moxie and doesn’t have the physical and mental baggage that darnold has.  Darnold needs a reset year at 23, that’s how bad he is.  He needs to carrry a clipboard.  

I think douglas is taking a qb at 2, simply because gms don’t have forever to draft one, and because he’s never going to pay darnold any real kind of money for being the worst starting qb in the nfl.  It’s Wilson or fields basically, because when darnold leaves the only real impact pick remaining will be Q who ironically is the best mccagnan pick who was panned his entire rookie year on this board.

Hard to argue with this. I think maybe folks like me who are kinda either fifty fifty or want to stick with Sam, are having those feelings because if you can start to rebuild him while investing picks into building pieces around him, that’s prob overall a better use of resources. However it is hard to argue against the argument that the Sam ship has completely sailed and like you said he needs a complete reset

Just now, freestater said:

I'm totally down for this. Daboll, Arthur Smith and I still wouldn't mind Todd Monken. 

I think I said b4 I want Daboll smith, Campbell, or brady. Monken is a interesting choice as well. Anyone other than these guys would leave me with little hope

25 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Consistent with everything ive heard all year.  It has been steady with if they are at 1 its Lawrence, if not its trading down. 

I think now its just a matter of will any of these QB's make an impact on JD and whatever coach is hired to make them say no to a trade offer. 

Are we still believing what we hear or what’s reported with regards to a teams thinking about a draft has anything to do with fact?  Especially regarding QB

27 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I would expect him to answer that question that way whether Sam is gone or not. Why devalue the second pick by declaring Sam the starter if you’re planning on trading the pick?

Because he has to address the "elephant in the room" at years end.  We'll have a new coach soon.  And JD will  have to say if that coach plans meet with Sam at a later time or not.  The organization has  gone almost glacial right now regarding hot topics in the franchise.  When your QB has had as polarizing a season as this has been, it won't just be, "eh guys, we've got a lot on our plate and we're not discussing that right now."  They'll at least give us a temperature read on where they are regarding the QB situation. 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Are we still believing what we hear or what’s reported with regards to a teams thinking about a draft has anything to do with fact?  Especially regarding QB

people I trust, but I would always say take it with a grain of salt because its so early in the process, a lot can change obviously. 

It's sometimes just nice to see others parroting information you've heard all year.  gives more validation to rumors you have no way of knowing are right.  Like i said, heavy grain of salt, its very early. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Hard to argue with this. I think maybe folks like me who are kinda either fifty fifty or want to stick with Sam, are having those feelings because if you can start to rebuild him while investing picks into building pieces around him, that’s prob overall a better use of resources. However it is hard to argue against the argument that the Sam ship has completely sailed and like you said he needs a complete reset

If this were last year i think most here would prefer to keep darnold and build around him.  But why would douglas do this now?  If your job depended on finding a qb and you could either hire a new coach to try to fix darnold or draft a new guy, what percent here would bet their livelihood on darnold?  Because that’s what you’re doing if you keep him.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Kids going off. I almost went down to Boca with my son to watch the game, but the limited seating, restrictions and cost kept me away. 

**** it, let's draft Mormon Marcy Darcy. Kids a baller. 

I almost went tonight but tix were too much.  Watching from home is just fine.

• Upvote 1