BYU on tonight at 7. Required Watching

section314

47 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Ha!  That's great!

The Chiefs didn't Tank for Trubisky and ended up Married to Mahomes.....so who the heck knows how these things will work out.

Tank for tribusky wasn’t a thing. They over drafted him. It was a terrible pick the second it was made. No one expected him to be first QB off the board 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, pointman said:

I love what I am reading about this Zach Wilson. However, is no one worried about his sudden rise? The stats from 18 and 19 are nothing remarkable. 

His stats as a true freshman in 2018 are impressive. Supposedly, he was hampered by injury in 2019. Players improve rapidly in college so it’s not weird but it’s definitely worth scouts looking into.

• Upvote 2

Just now, kdels62 said:

His stats as a true freshman in 2018 are impressive. Supposedly, he was hampered by injury in 2019. Players improve rapidly in college so it’s not weird but it’s definitely worth scouts looking into.

the rise is not sudden. if you looked beyond fields he immediately came up....   if you were simply looking for 2021 QB prospects

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Who the hell was even talking about Zach Wilson 2 weeks ago?

Now all of the sudden he’s a “high end” QB prospect?

Trevor Lawrence is a high end QB prospect.

Zach Wilson is pure desperation from Jets fans who have been sobbing themselves to sleep at night for the last 3 days after most likely missing out on Lawrence.

I don’t give two sh*ts about rolling the dice on Fields or Wilson or Jones or Trask or any other QB in this class.

That’s the kind of desperate goofiness that lands you a Blake Bortles or Christian Ponder that you’re attached to for 3+ years.

He's been talked about quite a bit for much of the season, and not just in the Draft Forum.  

You just haven't been paying attention.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

He's been talked about quite a bit for much of the season, and not just in the Draft Forum.  

You just haven't been paying attention.  

he's a prospect. has been. everybody slamming him cos they are in love with TLs hair. playing on a team with obvious multiple NFL players.

is it perfect? is it reasonable? thats the JD question. no more. 

could end up being Rosen. or Allen. we dont KNOW. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

He just doesnt have the pure arm strength like a Mahomes or Allen. He cant chuck it 40 yards while being hit. His feet can be sloppy at times and he hen he doesnt have his feet in his throws they are very bad. You dont have to believe me. Watch him and watch his feet.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I’ve been watching him for months. You’re stating everything directly opposite of what is true. Except maybe the footwork thing, he sometimes does back pedal too much.

• Upvote 1

I’ve been watching him for months. You’re stating everything directly opposite of what is true. Except maybe the footwork thing, he sometimes does back pedal too much.

When his feet are bad he cant throw. Similar to Sanchez he doesnt have great pure arm strength. Not worthy of the second pick. He could end up being very good - but has the same chance as other QBs that can be picked later in the first.

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Of course JD should make that evaluation. 

He and his staff should be evaluating every QB from Lawrence to some slapdick from Grand Valley State. That’s their jobs.

But am I suddenly buying into this Wilson hype? Not a chance.

If you’re not getting Lawrence, then don’t just go out and snag a QB at #2 overall simply because the disappointment of not landing Mr. Sunshine in gnawing away at you.

The Jets have the resources in both FA and the draft to start building a respectable core so that the next young QB that comes in isn’t immediately regarded as a dead man walking.

No one is advocating we take a QB just to take one.  We're saying Fields and Wilson are worthwhile QB2a/2b prospects and we should probably take one of them, because they both are decent bets to be good pro QB's.  Big difference.

i think he's legit, thats me. the other guy was saying he was sanchez. thats the "reality" to which i referred.

Go back and watch yourself some Samchez USC highlights. Same throws. Awesome if you need a slant thrown in a clean pocket. Awful if there is pressure at his feet or if he needs to improvise. They are the same player.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one is advocating we take a QB just to take one.  We're saying Fields and Wilson are worthwhile QB2a/2b prospects and we should probably take one of them, because they both are decent bets to be good pro QB's.  Big difference.

You’d really waste the #2 overall pick on this guy? Just because should think Darnold sucks? I’d rather roll with minshew 

Just now, RSJ said:

When his feet are bad he cant throw. Similar to Sanchez he doesnt have great pure arm strength. Not worthy of the second pick. He could end up being very good - but has the same chance as other QBs that can be picked later in the first.

confused wait what GIF

Zach Wilson has the strongest arm in this draft (possibly). One of his strengths is off platform throws. He has the most accurate deep ball in college football. 

He does sometimes skip balls when he tries to throw side arm while on the run to his right. But literally everything else you said is wrong.

• Upvote 1