BYU on tonight at 7. Required Watching

section314

14 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Ok now we are going to derail the thread pretending Darnold wasn’t a blue chip prospect. 

He was about a B prospect when taking all the information into account.  Lawrence is an A or A+ prospect.  Wilson looks to me like he's about an A- or B+.  

And QBASE gave Darnold a very high bust potential rating, primarily because of his lack of collegiate experience and his turnover issues.  Neither of those traits are things he shares with Wilson, who has plenty of college starts and is arguably the least turnover prone QB in the 2020 class.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, QB1 said:

He’s 190 soaking wet and looks like he would break in half if got tackled. Looks like a one read QB to me right now. No one is saying he is a bad prospect, in my mind the 2nd overall pick should be more of a lock. If Wilson is the guy I’m trading down to the 10 range and sitting him for the entire rookie year.

Watch his game against Coastal Carolina. He got beat up all game. He bounced back. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's bigger than Kyler Murray, Drew Brees and Russell Wilson and Joe Burrow had an equally unimpressive junior season.  Meanwhile, Wilson's injury history seems to have no impact on his ability to throw a football.

Not saying these aren't things scouts need to consider but how exactly are those meaningful boxes to check or uncheck?

Murray is built like a tank. He ran a 4.3 and was a top 10 mlb pick. Truly a generational athlete. Burrow Already suffered a devastating knee injury. Brees was a second round pick. Again not saying he’s a bad prospect, just not #2 overall worthy 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, QB1 said:

He’s 190 soaking wet and looks like he would break in half if got tackled. Looks like a one read QB to me right now. No one is saying he is a bad prospect, in my mind the 2nd overall pick should be more of a lock. If Wilson is the guy I’m trading down to the 10 range and sitting him for the entire rookie year.

Cam Newton, Kyler Murray and Pat Mahomes all looked like one-read QB's in college, too. 

He'll fill out his frame pretty quickly at the pro level.  His size is fine.  

2 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Murray is built like a tank. He ran a 4.3 and was a top 10 mlb pick. Truly a generational athlete. Burrow Already suffered a devastating knee injury. Brees was a second round pick. Again not saying he’s a bad prospect, just not #2 overall worthy 

Burrow wasn't part of the size equation, I was talking about his junior season stats, which was similarly as bad as Wilson's.  Burrow's injury should not be a detriment against him, as it was essentially a fluky, bad injury, and prior to it, he was looking like the Offensive ROY.  

And again, you haven't demonstrated any good reasons why he shouldn't be taken # 2.  Junior season stats and size, which really isn't a concern?  Really?

Cam Newton, Kyler Murray and Pat Mahomes all looked like one-read QB's in college, too. 

He'll fill out his frame pretty quickly at the pro level.  His size is fine.  

Lol come on man. Cam Newton is the greatest athlete to ever play QB. Mahomes was throwing 60 yard side arm TDs. He was also the 10th overall pick. Is it possible that Wilson becomes a top 5 Nfl QB? For sure, just think the risk is way too high to blow the second overall pick on him. 

Just now, QB1 said:

Lol come on man. Cam Newton is the greatest athlete to ever play QB. Mahomes was throwing 60 yard side arm TDs. He was also the 10th overall pick. Is it possible that Wilson becomes a top 5 Nfl QB? For sure, just think the risk is way too high to blow the second overall pick on him. 

This is off topic, but why did you switch accounts? Just curious.

• Haha 4

Just now, QB1 said:

Wilson has the look of an excellent athlete.  Not as good as Cam obviously, but still impressive.  And I'm not saying Wilson is the next Mahomes, Murray or Cam, merely that he's worthy of consideration at the # 2 pick.  You've presented nothing that puts a dent in that argument.

• Upvote 1

He's survived a full season and looked terrific, but apparently that means nothing to you.  He's an injury concern because you say he is.  What else is there to say on that topic, exactly?

Sounds like he’s the perfect prospect in your mind. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He was about a B prospect when taking all the information into account.  Lawrence is an A or A+ prospect.  Wilson looks to me like he's about an A- or B+.  

And QBASE gave Darnold a very high bust potential rating, primarily because of his lack of collegiate experience and his turnover issues.  Neither of those traits are things he shares with Wilson, who has plenty of college starts and is arguably the least turnover prone QB in the 2020 class.

This is the thing that has me feeling good about the possibility of Wilson.  30 \ 3 doesn't happen without crazy talent.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Sounds like he’s the perfect prospect in your mind. 

No, only worthy of consideration at # 2 overall.  There is no perfect prospect.  But we're not getting Lawrence (who also isn't perfect) so we have to look at a little bit more imperfect prospects. 

If we think they can be top-half QB's in the NFL, which I think Wilson absolutely can be (and Fields too, perhaps), then they're worth taking.  

• Upvote 1

“I’m not going to say he’s Patrick Mahomes, but what I’m saying, he plays like Patrick Mahomes,” Steve Young, the Hall of Famer and BYU alum, told KNBR radio last month. “Like, there’s no throw he can’t make. He’s just intuitive and really present when he’s playing. Every week, you’re like, wow, this is something good.”

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

No, only worthy of consideration at # 2 overall.  There is no perfect prospect.  But ___ we're not getting Lawrence (who also isn't perfect) so we have to look at a little bit more imperfect prospects. 

If we think they can be top-half QB's in the NFL, which I think Wilson absolutely can be (and Fields too, perhaps), then they're worth taking.  

if

• Upvote 1

I honestly think after the game tonight, what we are looking at is stopping the silly talk about draft a Right Tackle at # 2 overall and trying to rehab Sam.

Sam can rehab. He deserves another shot because Gase and Macc did him dirty.

That has to happen somewhere else.

On draft day it will either be Trevor or Wilson depending on what the Jaguars do the next two weeks.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

His sophomore season scares me, I don't know enough to know why that one was so bad.

This year though, wow. Impressive tonight. Seems legit.

Burrow and Herbert give hope.

He was recovering from a broken hand and a partially torn labrum he suffered in high school that they eventually fixed with surgery. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, BroadwayRay said:

He was recovering from a broken hand and a partially torn labrum he suffered in high school that they eventually fixed with surgery. 

Thanks! What he has done this year is insane.

It is the 2nd pick no doubt.

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

he was looking like the Offensive ROY.  

One correction. It was Justin Herbert who was looking like the ROY; because @ the time of Burrow's injury it was Herbert who had Burrow beat within every statistical category known to Quarterbacking mankind...

(Sorry, you two can carry on now). 

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I honestly think after the game tonight, what we are looking at is stopping the silly talk about draft a Right Tackle at # 2 overall and trying to rehab Sam.

Sam can rehab. He deserves another shot because Gase and Macc did him dirty.

That has to happen somewhere else.

On draft day it will either be Trevor or Wilson depending on what the Jaguars do the next two weeks.

Everything we know about Douglas tells me he trades down. He will take the opportunity to improve the talent of the team while kicking the can down the road on the QB. Taking the second ranked QB proves beating the Rams was a disaster. Trading down can fool everyone that it isn't a worst case scenario just a different one.

35 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This is the thing that has me feeling good about the possibility of Wilson.  30 \ 3 doesn't happen without crazy talent.

That's how I'm feeling about Mac Jones right about now and within the SEC too while going 34 TDs/4 INT's (completion percentage of 76.5%) and a QB Rating of 202.3...

That's just absolutely incredible to me. 

• Upvote 1