BYU on tonight at 7. Required Watching

section314

Will giving Sam Darnold a new coach, right tackle , and WR make him not the worst rated QB in football anymore? Doubtful. Time to take a hard look at Fields or Wilson. Both are better cheaper players than Darnold, and if you can get a 2 and a 4 for Sam like some experts say, you can easily build an offense for the new QB (who hopefully won’t be the worst QB in the NFL over 3 years). Lets dig up Josh Allen takes about how he was playing at Wyoming and the competition wasn’t good 

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean you can think what you want but this kid will be a top 3 pick most likely. So yes that considers him a “high end qb prospect”. You act like if the Jets don’t take him he’s going in the 3rd round 

No, some silly ass team will probably take him in the Top 10.

I just hope it’s not the silly ass team that I root for.

Either stick at #2 and have Becton and Sewell serving up fresh, buttery pancakes for the next decade or try your damndest to move down and add a Kyle Pitts, DeVonta Smith or Ja’Marr Chase to the anemic skill positions.

If Darnold fails with that, fine.

Make your move for a QB in 2022.

I’m sure there will be more QB prospects on par or above a Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 1

Again, I’ve only watched tape and this game, but the kid looks like he has some swagger that the Jets just don’t have.

sure maybe UCF isn’t a top defense, but looking at his footwork, his ability to roll out and make an accurate throw, he’s had a few nfl caliber throws already, especially on the dropped td. I think he has moved well in the pocket and he has a rocket for an arm.

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Either stick at #2 and have Becton and Sewell serving up fresh, buttery pancakes for the next decade or try your damndest to move down and add a Kyle Pitts, DeVonta Smith or Ja’Marr Chase to the anemic skill positions.

I guess the only concern for Douglas would be does he get 2022 if the Jets come out as bad as they have been this year. 1-13 and he’s been given a pass. They come out like that again, he may never get to pick his qb in 2022

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Im sure you would love another usc bust like slovis

On 12/20/2020 at 8:31 PM, Mackman55 said:

I really feel he is the 2nd best prospect behind Trevor. 

Wilson shows good pocket awareness and see the field well while being deadly accurate. He has very good "arm talent", making throws from all arm angles while showing good touch. I love his footwork and he has good mechanics with a quick release. He has above average athleticism(not great) making him a threat in RPO schemes as well as when scrambling. He reminds me a little of Aaron Rogers(I am NOT saying he's as good as AR) with how he handles himself in the pocket and is very accurate when throwing on the run. The concerns with Wilson are the level of competition he's played against and his durability as he had to deal with a shoulder injury, missing time in his second season at BYU.

If the Jets wind up with the 2nd pick the ideal scenario would be to trade down in the 5-10 range and still try to land Wilson. 

Glad you guys and Daniel Jeremiah are finally seeing the light.

7 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Plenty of people were. PFF projected him as the #3 pick in the draft over a month ago. The Athletic projected him as the #2 pick in the draft a week or two after that. He is an elite talent. We’ve been too busy fantasizing about Trevor around here to notice his rise.  

PFF was also trying to tell me 9 months ago that Mekhi Becton was a major risk and that his pass protection savvy was subpar.

Why people continue to put their unwavering faith in a bunch of mathematics nerds with a vague interest in football is beyond me.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Zach Wilson is a top 5 prospect in this draft. He also has a cannon arm, good mobility and is considered high character. If he goes back to school he’s the consensus 1st overall pick going into next season. 

Just now, kdels62 said:

Zach Wilson is a top 5 prospect in this draft. He also has a cannon arm, good mobility and is considered high character. If he goes back to school he’s the consensus 1st overall pick going into next season. 

Definitely won’t be caught in a strip club or getting a DWI

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

None of this is accurate. He’s exceptional moving in the pocket and he’s good at looking off safeties. HOWEVER, you’re not wrong. He mastered this offense at BYU and he understands everything Dax Milne wants to do. Also his LT is an absolute stud and he trusts him. If we take Wilson he should not be ready to start right away but should come in later on in the season. 

There's NOTHING that he does right now that's NFL ready. He's not a finished product ie Lawrence. He's got a lot of coaching that he's going to need before he steps on the field. If he becomes a Jet, I would bury him on the roster. Give him a full, traditional training camp with a real live chance at unseating Sammy as the starter. However, that will NEVER happen. Sammy is a million times better than Wilson right now and I have no doubt he will NOT be ready to start on opening day 2021 unless the team has lost all other viable options.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Yes, I’m sure that Wilson if he chooses to return to school will be the consensus #1 pick next year...until someone comes along in December to overtake his “generational” status.

Just a week ago there were plenty of analysts, pundits, draftniks and fans who thought that Fields was 1b to Trevor’s 1a...now they’re trying to convince me that BYU she-man with two surgically repaired shoulders is the answer.

• Post of the Week 1