BYU on tonight at 7. Required Watching

section314

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Yes, I’m sure that Wilson if he chooses to return to school will be the consensus #1 pick next year...until someone comes along in December to overtake his “generational” status.

Just a week ago there were plenty of analysts, pundits and fans who thought that Fields was 1b to Trevor’s 1a...now they’re trying to convince me that BYU she-man with two surgically repaired shoulders is the answer.

Man you are basing your entire argument on your own ignorance

• Upvote 1

You can certainly see the appeal of the guy.  The ball jumps out of his hand.  There are two paths for this guy in my opinion in the NFL.  Ultra bust or High Level starter.  That's based off nothing other than it just seems like guys like this never turn out to be just average.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

You can certainly see the appeal of the guy.  The ball jumps out of his hand.  There are two paths for this guy in my opinion in the NFL.  Ultra bust or High Level starter.  That's based off nothing other than it just seems like guys like this never turn out to be just average.

Jay cutler and Matt Stafford considered average ?

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Yes, I’m sure that Wilson if he chooses to return to school will be the consensus #1 pick next year...until someone comes along in December to overtake his “generational” status.

Just a week ago there were plenty of analysts, pundits, draftniks and fans who thought that Fields was 1b to Trevor’s 1a...now they’re trying to convince me that BYU she-man with two surgically repaired shoulders is the answer.

Fun thing about analysis is that it can change. Fields hasn’t progressed the way people hoped. Taking a QB who is a top 10 pick in any draft isn’t a bad thing, in fact it’s a good thing.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Haven't seen this many white guys on a field since a replay of the 1965 Orange Bowl.

Texas upset Joe Namath that night, you jerk!!!!  :)

Btw, according to the video, that was the first game ever to be played and televised at night.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

He has nfl skill sets, his arm strength, ability to change throwing angles, throws to guys in stride and can escape from the pocket (you tube has good highlights of his scrambles).  Seems to have natural accuracy that darnold just doesn’t have.  Reminds me of mayfield.  

3 minutes ago, StrawberryFields said:

Seriously. You don’t think Justin would put up numbers in this situation?

The question with Fields is could he do this with a supporting cast that isn’t the OSU supporting cast. BYU and UCF are similar in terms of talent except one place and that’s the QB.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

If JD does not evaluate the top QBs in the draft then he is negligent.  You don't take one just because you are picking 2, but if he thinks one of these guys can be a top 10 NFL QB, then just take him.  We have enough resource to build around a rookie QB.

Don't reach for a QB at 2, but don't pass on an elite prospect either if he is there.  Not saying that Wilson is or is not that guy.  JD needs to make that evaluation.

Of course JD should make that evaluation. 

He and his staff should be evaluating every QB from Lawrence to some slapdick from Grand Valley State. That’s their jobs.

But am I suddenly buying into this Wilson hype? Not a chance.

If you’re not getting Lawrence, then don’t just go out and snag a QB at #2 overall simply because the disappointment of not landing Mr. Sunshine in gnawing away at you.

The Jets have the resources in both FA and the draft to start building a respectable core so that the next young QB that comes in isn’t immediately regarded as a dead man walking.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

While there's a good chance we take Wilson.  I say you still take the Jonathan Ogden prospect and try to salvage Sam.  If you want to taken insurance policy then draft Trey Lance later on and sit him a year.  That kid has some pro potential too.  He's just going to take longer.  Needs to build up his frame.   But I still think when there's a generational talent at either pick... it's pretty much a done deal.  Don't reach.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He has nfl skill sets, his arm strength, ability to change throwing angles, throws to guys in stride and can escape from the pocket (you tube has good highlights of his scrambles).  Seems to have natural accuracy that darnold just doesn’t have.  Reminds me of mayfield.  

He definitely has a mayfield vibe to him

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The question with Fields is could he do this with a supporting cast that isn’t the OSU supporting cast. BYU and UCF are similar in terms of talent except one place and that’s the QB.

Why isn't that same question asked about Lawrence?  I don't understand that.  Maybe it is asked and I don't see it.

I know the discussion at hand is Wilson/Fields but I just hear this a lot with Fields and never with Lawrence.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

He's throwing to wide open receivers. This game shows nothing of value.

We have a QB right now who routinely misses open guys through either bad reads or throws.

I'd argue there's some value in seeing and hitting the open guy.

My second time seeing Zach Wilson and he's very impressive.  Other than his
frame (which is too scrawny and needs a full off-season in a weight room)
there's nothing not to like:

- Good arm strength.  Able to throw "outs" from the middle of the field
to the sideline on a tight trajectory

- Nice throwing motion with a quick release 

- Extremely accurate with good ball placement

- Recognizes where the "voids" are in the defense and takes advantage of them

- Patient in the pocket with "quiet feet".  Scans the field looking for open
receivers, doesn't appear to be a one read QB

- Good mobility in the pocket to avoid the rush and to throw on the run

- Demonstrating better judgment when running with the ball.  When I saw him
against Costal Carolina he was taking on defenders, today he's sliding or
going out of bounds