Zach Wilson may give Jets hope after Trevor Lawrence downer

jetstream23

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

The guy has wheels and a crazy strong arm. If our scouting department gives him the stamp of approval I'm 100% behind him. He's my QB #2 at the moment. Justin Fields would need to play lights out against Clemson to sway me right now.

I think you have to take a QB. The odds are there will be more than 1 from this draft that succeeds. I think Fields isnt it, but the Jets need to do a full on cavity search of Wilson. We all know Darnold is not the guy (we knew this is rookie year).

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, KRL said:

People are clowning themselves by mocking Central Florida.  They've
developed into a strong "mid-level" program, their record over the
past four years is 41-7:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/central-florida/index.html

Sure they've become a respectable program mainly due to their offense built by Scott Frost and now Josh Heupel. Their defense was atrocious last night , Wilson could have played in shorts and w/o a helmet last night.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeerPark said:

JD will have to earn his money this year since we do not have the number 1 pick.  looking at Wilson's highlights, receivers are not wide open which is a plus compared to OSU, Clemson, Alabama or any of the other big programs.  The talent that surrounds Wilson is night and day compared to those big programs.  Yes the competition is less but he has elevated the players around him.  Let's see how he performs/tests at the combine.  is his arm legit? is he really 6'3"?  if he checks all those boxes then it's a no brainer.  

Not in the games I've seen him play and definitely not last night. His receivers were so wide open I thought he was participating in a Pro-Day workout. 

31 minutes ago, KRL said:

Someone who actually gets it!!!  A real scout will evaluate the player
and his traits not all the "other stuff"

And that is true and should be how he is evaluated -  not based off a single game here or there that looked like a glorified Pro-day workout or a game like against Coastal Carolina where he struggled a bit more.  

8 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

They played central Florida.....

Man you guys are easy..

CFU looks like a high school team tbqh.  

But this is what happens, the HYPE Machine will, now that T.L. looks impossible, start working on the also-rans of Fields and Wilson and the others.

35 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

The guy has wheels and a crazy strong arm. If our scouting department gives him the stamp of approval I'm 100% behind him. He's my QB #2 at the moment. Justin Fields would need to play lights out against Clemson to sway me right now.

Is this true?  I've never seen him.  Big arms are so important in todays NFL.

Does he have a Mahomes level arm?  If he has that type of arm I'm sold on him...Big arm and super athletic. 

That's the guy you roll the dice with- if he hits he's a star.  If he doesn't so be it.  

• Upvote 2

I like Sam..but I think this middle school looking kid has it over him.  At the same time...you draft Sewel ...and you have more of a chance to bring out the best in Sam.  

Brady is an all-time QB...arguably the best ever...because, in part, he could sit in a rocking chair behind his offensive line to make throws...95% of the time. 

5 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I heard that game was crazy and he engineered a remarkable comeback that fell short. Football is the ultimate team game. 

Plus to be fair to him and BYU they played that game on very short notice , again not something that highlight films or stats tell the story of. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

I like to watch a QB & imagine him in the roll of the guy who's right now considered the best QB in the draft. 

Nothing that Lawrence did vs Notre Dame was anything that Zack Wilson couldn't have done in the same offense. 

Thats why it's so hard to evaluate QBs in college. Outside of two throws, 1 back shoulder & another long 35 out on a rope, everything else Trevor did last Saturday were dump offs, short slants & planned runs.

Watching Fields hold onto the ball & Wilson quick release was like Night & day! I'm on the keep drafting them to you find one train. We didn't take Watson because that idiot drafted Hackenberg. If JD can find a trade partner & still draft Wilson sign me up. 

I admittedly know nothing about this kid . Only thing I’ll say is if they do like a QB and he’s the guy ...grab him at 2 and don’t get cute . I don’t want to hear about value this and that . If he busts at 2 it’s the same as if he busts at 9....do we need the extra 3rd round pick that bad ? 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Is this true?  I've never seen him.  Big arms are so important in todays NFL.

Does he have a Mahomes level arm?  If he has that type of arm I'm sold on him...Big arm and super athletic. 

That's the guy you roll the dice with- if he hits he's a star.  If he doesn't so be it.  

Idk what speed he'll throw at the combine but his arm strength is definitely noticable and makes it seem almost effortless. I'd say the angles he throws the ball at is similar to a Mahomes, I have my doubts if he'll whip it as fast though.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Darnold sucks so bad, and the jets have been so bad, his agent should want to take him out out ny.  I think this will be facilitated.  

Im watching Phil Simms' kid on TV right now saying Darnold never had a real chance and deserves another shot in NY. That narrative is there. Coupled with the agent thing (which is big) I wont be shocked if Darnold is back.

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Idk what speed he'll throw at the combine but his arm strength is definitely noticable and makes it seem almost effortless. I'd say the angles he throws the ball at is similar to a Mahomes, I have my doubts if he'll whip it as fast though.

Doesn’t have to whip it as fast.  I like that he seems to lead his wrs and appears decisive.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Im watching Phil Simms' kid on TV right now saying Darnold never had a real chance and deserves another shot in NY. That narrative is there. Coupled with the agent thing (which is big) I wont be shocked if Darnold is back.

I disagree on both counts.  I think in 3 years we’ve seen that darnold holds onto the ball too long often, misses open wrs and still makes ill advised throws that are clear picks.  At this point, i don’t know how much better his decision making would be on a better team.  And i think since douglas didn’t draft him and he’s due to make a decision on paying him soon, douglas will deal him like adams and not handcuff the cap.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I disagree on both counts.  I think in 3 years we’ve seen that darnold holds onto the ball too long often, misses open wrs and still makes ill advised throws that are clear picks.  At this point, i don’t know how much better his decision making would be on a better team.  And i think since douglas didn’t draft him and he’s due to make a decision on paying him soon, douglas will deal him like adams and not handcuff the cap.

I dont agree either, just pointing out there's that narrative that's building.

Just now, Matt39 said:

I dont agree either, just pointing out there's that narrative that's building.

I can see this.   But i think this narrative is mostly born out of the perception that the jets are so pathetic that darnold’s failure has to be because of the organization and not because of him.  And that is certainly a reasonable conclusion.  But now, you have a new gm here whose draft seems pretty good.  3 potential starters on offense in bechton, mims and Perine, and Bryce hall could be a real good cb too.   That’s before any of the 3rd round picks play well or even the G who was redshirted.  So now you have a gm who seems to be able to draft, traded adams for a major load and didn’t draft darnold.  If mccagnan were still there he’d give darnold an extension to refuse to admit his mistake like what tanny did with Sanchez.  

The more you watch these jets of the 2nd half of the season, the more you realize that the 2 worst guys on the field on game day are the qb and hc and they are clearly holding the rest of the team back.  This team should have beaten NE and the raiders and will be competitive vs the browns and NE in the next 2 weeks.  

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I think you have to take a QB. The odds are there will be more than 1 from this draft that succeeds. I think Fields isnt it, but the Jets need to do a full on cavity search of Wilson. We all know Darnold is not the guy (we knew this is rookie year).

There's no way you can know a rookie QB is a bust his rookie season, lol. And Darnold did not have anywhere near that awful a rookie season to determine he was already a bust.

That said, I agree on Wilson. Full cavity search needed haha

1 minute ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

There's no way you can know a rookie QB is a bust his rookie season, lol. And Darnold did not have anywhere near that awful a rookie season to determine he was already a bust.

That said, I agree on Wilson. Full cavity search needed haha

mqdefault.jpg

• Upvote 1

He made two throws last night that were special. The first was on the 3rd drive,I think, mid 1st Q. Was a dart about 25 yards over the middle between 3 defenders and hit his guy right in stride between the numbers. The 2nd was the the TD right before the half, when he led his guy perfectly into the end zone with the CB right there. If Goff could make a throw like this, on the Maye break up late in the game, we’re not even talking about this kid. 

59 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Fine trade him to the Giants .

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, doitny said:

you just dont get it.. ok fine lets draft a QB at 2 and let him sit for 3 years ....

BTW that team with a plan after trading for Favre called him in to replace Majkoski in game 2 and never looked back.

thats the only example you got

Tua

Herbert

Murray

Mayfield

Allen

Jackson

all those QBs according to you should still be sitting cause its not 3 years yet. 

Who is saying this? I never said anything about drafting and sitting a QB for 3 years. I'm just pointing out for Rodgers it was the perfect situation cause he was able to fix the issues he had coming out of college. You think he's the same player if he came to this dumpster fire and we plugged him in day 1? We're organizationally retarded. We drafted a kid who's issues in college where turnovers and managed to surround him with less skill position talent than he had in college with clown level coaching and ownership to boot. He's regressed to the point nobody see's any future for him here anymore. There's a reason Green Bay has been set at QB for 30 years and we ******* suck. It's not all just luck. 

I never thought Sanchez was going to be good but we sure as sh*t made sure of it. Remember when he had a decent rookie season? Then we decided it was best to surround him with Santonio Holmes(Steelers couldn't deal with his BS), Derrick Mason(Ravens couldn't handle his crap) and Plaxico who they went and picked up from jail?

We needed the can't miss prospect cause we're going to whiff at anything you give them a chance to.