Zach Wilson may give Jets hope after Trevor Lawrence downer

29 minutes ago, MeanGene said:

who cares if he's a republican? Josh Allen is a racist (and dont tell me hes changed, racists dont change-they just do it covertly), he apologized and no one cares....ridiculous.

I find it odd we have heard that Lawrence can’t play in New York because he’s religious and engaged and this kid is religious and goes to school in Utah so now that’s going against him. 
I want a guy who can sling it and win us games, I don’t care about faith, politics, or looks. Play four quarters and be a decent dude off the field and I’m good. 
people complain when guys like baker are tackled by cops and Dwayne Haskins goes to strip clubs but now we are going to crap on kids for being decent, faithful guys? It’s ridiculous.

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trevor is a goner barring a miracle. Roll with Darnold another season and turn the OL into a modern version of the Great Wall of China. Get the guy some protection on one hand and most importantly, es

Jets have the 2nd pick and are so dysfunctional they will trade up to the 2nd pick to take him. 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

They played central Florida.....

Man you guys are easy..

Yes, but as shown below their entire schedule they are averaging like 40 or more points a game. Wilson has to be engineering all that and I am not big on college football so many of those teams may not be very good, but some of them must have pretty good defenses that Wilson is tearing apart.

BYU Cougars 2020 Schedule

Date: Opponent (Location)

Sept. 7: BYU 55, Navy 3

Sept. 26: BYU 48, Troy 7

Oct. 2: BYU 45, Louisiana Tech 14

Oct. 10: BYU 27, UTSA 20

Oct. 16: BYU 43, Houston 26

Oct. 24: BYU 52, Texas State 14

Oct. 31: BYU 41, WKU 10

Nov. 6: BYU 51, Boise State 17

Nov. 21: BYU 66, North Alabama 14

Dec. 5: Coastal Carolina 22, BYU 17

Dec. 12: BYU 28, San Diego State 14

Dec. 22: BYU 49, UCF 23 - Boca Raton Bowl

3 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Yes, but as shown below their entire schedule they are averaging like 40 or more points a game. Wilson has to be engineering all that and I am not big on college football so many of those teams may not be very good, but some of them must have pretty good defenses that Wilson is tearing apart.

Wow - now that's a big time schedule. How many teams in the top 25? 1?

5 minutes ago, Jets1958 said:

Wow - now that's a big time schedule. How many teams in the top 25? 1?

So by your logic, any QB from a small or independent school is immediately eliminated from first-round consideration sight unseen. Do you really think that's a sound way to evaluate players?

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

So by your logic, any QB from a small or independent school is immediately eliminated from first-round consideration sight unseen. Do you really think that's a sound way to evaluate players?

let's face it - neither you nor I are in the business of evaluating players. So course I would never say a small school kid couldn't be the real thing (Kurt Werner, Tony Romo, Joe Flacco, Ken O'Brien :-) Etc). Probably not drafting in the first round ala Carson Wentz.

For those on the fence, I encourage those to watch the end of the Coastal Carolina game. He was harrased all game and with a few seconds left, he drove the length of the field and threaded a pass at the one yard line.....the receiver couldn't fight his way in though with no time remaining.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

The funny thing is this might be true and yet missing on Lawrence is still the worst thing that could have happened to them. Douglas would have drafted Lawrence at #1 but will never in a million years draft Zach Wilson. They are going to trade down and kick the can down the road on a QB. It is in Douglas DNA to do this.

maybe thats the best thing for us. to not draft a QB in the first rd. we have no luck at it anyway.

and dont trade the pick. keep it and get the BEST skill position player. dont waste it on the OL. we can pick up a decent one with the seattle pick.

whats our biggest problem over the last 5-6 years. we dont have enough talent, but especially at the skills position.

wouldnt it be nice to have the BEST WR in the draft. imagine the headaches DCs will have covering Mims and whoever. what about a pass rusher whos elite. theres alot of teams in the top ten who DONT need a QB and will draft these guys. if we trade down we will be getting 2nd best.

and as much as i hate to say this, give Darnold another year. with those 2 WRs. and maybe Crowder at 3. i wanted Lawrence but since thats not happening  ....

• Post of the Week 1
15 hours ago, Marshmello said:

I'm not hopping on this train yet but I'm intrigued. If anything another team will fall love with him and trade up for him.

Words I use to describe Zach Wilson:

Shrimp...

Small Fry...

Squirt...

Peanut...

I wanted a Josh Allen, a Trevor Lawrence...

I'll pass on Wilson, and so will JD...

Zach Wilson seems like a more polished Sam Darnold. If Sam had better footwork, they’d be pretty similar. The off platform throws. That gunslinger mentality. Similar athleticism. Wilson probably has a slightly stronger arm and his deep accuracy is better. He’s a guy that should be a top 5 pick. 

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Words I use to describe Zach Wilson:

Shrimp...

Small Fry...

Squirt...

Peanut...

I wanted a Josh Allen, a Trevor Lawrence...

I'll pass on Wilson, and so will JD...

Thesew ould apply to LJ and to Matt Stafford as well...

17 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Read a post that said you keep taking a QB until you find one. I can see a GM being gun shy taking yet another QB after their top QB pick busts, but it makes sense. Sooner or later you’re bound to hit. So I’m in total agreement here with you going with Zach. Check out this throw at around 1:25 and notice his feet aren’t even set properly. Kid has a strong strong arm.  And there numerous impressive throws here. 

Echos of Darnold College reviews through this statement. Now those traits and abilities are seen as negatives.

17 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Read a post that said you keep taking a QB until you find one. I can see a GM being gun shy taking yet another QB after their top QB pick busts, but it makes sense. Sooner or later you’re bound to hit. So I’m in total agreement here with you going with Zach. Check out this throw at around 1:25 and notice his feet aren’t even set properly. Kid has a strong strong arm.  And there numerous impressive throws here. 

He is not going to have 20 minutes in the pocket when he is on the Jets.

• Haha 1

Jetsfans.   STOP.    BREATHE.

Remember when Sam Darnold was first seed.. and then fell....

And Josh Allen went seventh!

Nothing is written in stone. Things change.

I think Zack Wilson would be a terrific pick, and on a rookie contract with cap space could be an attractive situation that a new HC would be tempted to work with.

I can see a LOT to be hopeful about.

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

Continues to be the most lazy argument on here. Remind me how many top 25 teams josh Allen played at Wyoming.

how many big games was aj mcarron in? cardale jones?

17 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Lets just let Douglas do his job instead of chasing “the next”

The most important job for a GM that is rebuilding a team is to find "the next" franchise QB if they don't already have one, and to keep trying until they get one.

The Jets don't have one.

2 hours ago, Ian Fleming said:
20 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Echos of Darnold College reviews through this statement. Now those traits and abilities are seen as negatives.

No way Darnold has anywhere near the arm strength this kid has. Just ask Robbie.

Wilson does make some Mahomes type plays, but his prior 2 seasons were mediocre, he plays weak competition and for all the funky throwing guys like Mahomes and Rodgers, you have so many more that don't make it (like Darnold). I don't know how translatable Wilson's game is to the pros. And he's got a small frame and a history of shoulder injuries. 

12 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

I was on that band wagon too, the competition aspect.  But look at wentz, roethlisberger, josh allen and older greats from byu like Steve young.  

With respect to strength of schedule and the Coastal loss, I just wanted to include Mahomes' last college season.

Stephen Austin  Win 69-17

Arizona State  Lost 68-55

Louisiana TechWon 59-45

Kansas  Won 55-19

Kansas State Lost 44-38

West Virginia Lost 48-17

Oklahoma Lost 66-59

Texas Christian Won 27-24

Texas Lost 45-37

Oklahoma State Lost 45-44

Iowa State  Lost 66-10

Baylor Won 54-35

So if the argument that BYU hasn't played anyone is a reason you dont like Zach Wilson, keep in mind the best QB in the NFL lost games to West Virginia, and Iowa State while scoring less then 20 points both times.  He also had 15 interceptions as a sophomore and 10 as a junior.

Wilson did play better teams last season, beating USC, Tennessee and Boise State while losing to Washington and Utah so he has faced better competition.  It comes down to what CAN Wilson do in the NFL, not what he has done in college.