Package Deal: Jimmy Garoppolo and Josh McDaniels

I think McDaniels could recapture Jimmy Garropolo like his the Titans have done with Ryan Tannehill after he left the Dolphins. This is just a idea if we don't land the #1 overall pick. I know people hate the Patriots here, but I think McDaniels would be an excellent candidate to interview should the Jets relieve Adam Gase of his duties as head coach of the Jets. I see Garropolo as a guy who could bounce back strong like Ryan Tannehill did, and Jimmy G is only 29 with enough of a window to win now with. This would be the Titans blueprint Joe could follow. Get a beast running back after building up the line. We'd have an identity like @Jetster was saying in his thread earlier this week. 

Interesting note: Dino Babers who coaches my Syracuse Orange recruited/coached Jimmy Garropolo while  at Eastern Illinois and recruited James Morgan while head coach at Bowling Green before leaving for Syracuse.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

I think McDaniels could recapture Jimmy Garropolo like his the Titans have done with Ryan Tannehill after he left the Dolphins. This is just a idea if we don't land the #1 overall pick. I know people hate the Patriots here, but I think McDaniels would be an excellent candidate to interview should the Jets relieve Adam Gase of his duties as head coach of the Jets. I see Garropolo as a guy who could bounce back strong like Ryan Tannehill did, and Jimmy G is only 29 with enough of a window to win now with. This would be the Titans blueprint Joe could follow. Get a beast running back after building up the line. We'd have an identity like @Jetster was saying in his thread earlier this week. 

Interesting note: Dino Babers who coaches my Syracuse Orange recruited/coached Jimmy Garropolo while  at Eastern Illinois and recruited James Morgan while head coach at Bowling Green before leaving for Syracuse.

dude is injured all the time

Of all the coordinators throughout the league, McDanirls likely has the largest bias against the Jets from working alongside Bill + watching us closely for so long.

I’d put this in the NEVER gonna happen column. Not that it’s a bad idea.

Remember, he burned the Colts.

• Upvote 3

Garrop is an excellent qb who’s always injured (and plays hurt rather poorly).   He’s one of those players who is always going to have a problem staying on the field and is simply built that way.  Sadly have to Pass.

McDaniels otoh is intriguing.  I feel like his star has dimmed in the last few years, but it’s hard to say how much is his fault vs the Pats being decimated by injuries last year and having a bad qb this year and league worst wr/tes 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Recapture what exactly?  Jimmy G has always been a middle of the road QB at best.  

At best he took his team to the Super Bowl, was 13-3 as a starter, and finished with the 8th best quarterback rating (102) in the league right behind Patrick Mahomes who finished with a 105.3 quarterback rating last season. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Of all the coordinators throughout the league, McDanirls likely has the largest bias against the Jets from working alongside Bill + watching us closely for so long.

Remember when people said we'd never trade with the Patriots? Didn't Joe Douglas do that already? 

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

At best he took his team to the Super Bowl, was 13-3 as a starter, and finished with the 8th best quarterback rating (102) in the league right behind Patrick Mahomes who finished with a 105.3 quarterback rating last season. 

had one very efficient year. when teh run game was awesome and the D was awesome.

finished the SB going 1-10 and missing a wide open guy deep for what would been a TD,

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Interesting.

NO.

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

And the dude drafted Tim Tebow in the first round...

FIRST ROUND!!!!!!!!