Jump to content

Package Deal: Jimmy Garoppolo and Josh McDaniels


Recommended Posts

I think McDaniels could recapture Jimmy Garropolo like his the Titans have done with Ryan Tannehill after he left the Dolphins. This is just a idea if we don't land the #1 overall pick. I know people hate the Patriots here, but I think McDaniels would be an excellent candidate to interview should the Jets relieve Adam Gase of his duties as head coach of the Jets. I see Garropolo as a guy who could bounce back strong like Ryan Tannehill did, and Jimmy G is only 29 with enough of a window to win now with. This would be the Titans blueprint Joe could follow. Get a beast running back after building up the line. We'd have an identity like @Jetster was saying in his thread earlier this week. 

 

Interesting note: Dino Babers who coaches my Syracuse Orange recruited/coached Jimmy Garropolo while  at Eastern Illinois and recruited James Morgan while head coach at Bowling Green before leaving for Syracuse.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

I think McDaniels could recapture Jimmy Garropolo like his the Titans have done with Ryan Tannehill after he left the Dolphins. This is just a idea if we don't land the #1 overall pick. I know people hate the Patriots here, but I think McDaniels would be an excellent candidate to interview should the Jets relieve Adam Gase of his duties as head coach of the Jets. I see Garropolo as a guy who could bounce back strong like Ryan Tannehill did, and Jimmy G is only 29 with enough of a window to win now with. This would be the Titans blueprint Joe could follow. Get a beast running back after building up the line. We'd have an identity like @Jetster was saying in his thread earlier this week. 

 

Interesting note: Dino Babers who coaches my Syracuse Orange recruited/coached Jimmy Garropolo while  at Eastern Illinois and recruited James Morgan while head coach at Bowling Green before leaving for Syracuse.

dude is injured all the time

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Of all the coordinators throughout the league, McDanirls likely has the largest bias against the Jets from working alongside Bill + watching us closely for so long.

I’d put this in the NEVER gonna happen column. Not that it’s a bad idea.

Remember, he burned the Colts.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Garrop is an excellent qb who’s always injured (and plays hurt rather poorly).   He’s one of those players who is always going to have a problem staying on the field and is simply built that way.  Sadly have to Pass.

McDaniels otoh is intriguing.  I feel like his star has dimmed in the last few years, but it’s hard to say how much is his fault vs the Pats being decimated by injuries last year and having a bad qb this year and league worst wr/tes 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Recapture what exactly?  Jimmy G has always been a middle of the road QB at best.  

At best he took his team to the Super Bowl, was 13-3 as a starter, and finished with the 8th best quarterback rating (102) in the league right behind Patrick Mahomes who finished with a 105.3 quarterback rating last season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Of all the coordinators throughout the league, McDanirls likely has the largest bias against the Jets from working alongside Bill + watching us closely for so long.

I’d put this in the NEVER gonna happen column. Not that it’s a bad idea.

Remember, he burned the Colts.

Remember when people said we'd never trade with the Patriots? Didn't Joe Douglas do that already? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

At best he took his team to the Super Bowl, was 13-3 as a starter, and finished with the 8th best quarterback rating (102) in the league right behind Patrick Mahomes who finished with a 105.3 quarterback rating last season. 

had one very efficient year. when teh run game was awesome and the D was awesome.

finished the SB going 1-10 and missing a wide open guy deep for what would been a TD,

Link to post
Share on other sites

May as well  keep darnold if we are talking about guys like Jimmy G.  Jimmy G is mark sanchez.

McDaniels is a good coach but he is also a low character belli want to be (right dow nto agreeing to coach a team and then stiffing them) so I'll pass.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I think McDaniels could recapture Jimmy Garropolo like his the Titans have done with Ryan Tannehill after he left the Dolphins. This is just a idea if we don't land the #1 overall pick. I know people hate the Patriots here, but I think McDaniels would be an excellent candidate to interview should the Jets relieve Adam Gase of his duties as head coach of the Jets. I see Garropolo as a guy who could bounce back strong like Ryan Tannehill did, and Jimmy G is only 29 with enough of a window to win now with. This would be the Titans blueprint Joe could follow. Get a beast running back after building up the line. We'd have an identity like @Jetster was saying in his thread earlier this week. 

 

Interesting note: Dino Babers who coaches my Syracuse Orange recruited/coached Jimmy Garropolo while  at Eastern Illinois and recruited James Morgan while head coach at Bowling Green before leaving for Syracuse.

Interesting.

NO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Of all the coordinators throughout the league, McDanirls likely has the largest bias against the Jets from working alongside Bill + watching us closely for so long.

I’d put this in the NEVER gonna happen column. Not that it’s a bad idea.

Remember, he burned the Colts.

And the dude drafted Tim Tebow in the first round...

FIRST ROUND!!!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...