Glennon starting???

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yup. Jax doing what JD and Gase refused to do. 

Not playing James Morgan is criminal and if Jax ends up with the #1 pick both Gase AND JD deserves to be fired. 

“I want to see which one can execute the game plan better during the week to feel [who] gives us the best opportunity, because I think when I look at both of them, there’s plusses and minuses with both,” Marrone said during his Wednesday press conference. “We’re just going to keep looking and keep trying to put the best people in [so] that we can win — not put people in there just to see what they can do. But just keep pushing everyone as much as we can just to put ourselves over the top.”

Minshew’s completed 66.1 percent of his passes for 2,259 yards with 16 touchdowns and five interceptions this season. Glennon has completed 61 percent of his throws for 600 yards with three touchdowns and three interceptions". 

This isn't a fair QB competition. It's an all out TANK because Minshew with 16 TDs/3 INTs compared to Glennon's 3 TDs/3 INTs isn't even a fair comparison (Minshew is 5x the QB Glennon is). 

The Jaguars are letting Glennon compete. That is trying to tank. Completely different situation than playing or not playing James Morgan.

Also running Morgan out there to look bad in Gase's offense does nothing to help the kid.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The Jaguars are letting Glennon compete. That is trying to tank. Completely different situation than playing or not playing James Morgan.

Also running Morgan out there to look bad in Gase's offense does nothing to help the kid.

We should've been trying to tank @ 0-11, 0-12 and 0-13 etc with James Morgan (just like Jax is doing with Glennon).

One franchise "gets it" and the other, doesn't. 

Jax understands what's at risk here; JD obviously, didn't. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Not playing James Morgan is criminal and if Jax ends up with the #1 pick both Gase AND JD deserves to be fired. 

Bill Belichick was not going to let us out of Foxboro with a loss.

Beating the Rams saved you from the Buttfumble-like, Fake-Spike-like humiliation of Belitank.  Be grateful.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 8

20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets had the #1 pick and let it slip away the Jacksonville Jaguars seem to not want that to happen to them. 

After the Raider scare, James Morgan should have been starting in order to secure Lawrence.  Funny how many on JN opined crap like “it’s OK Darnold sucks, we can’t win any games”. Good story. 

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

We should've been trying to tank @ 0-11, 0-12 and 0-13 etc with James Morgan (just like Jax is doing with Glennon).

One franchise "gets it" and the other, doesn't. 

Jax understands what's at risk here; JD obviously, didn't. 

Yes Joe Douglas doesn't understand that the 1st pick is the better pick.

lol.

Players aren't going to tank. Film review is real.

• Upvote 3

I sat through last week's Jags game and it might have been worse than any Jets game all year. Minshew was terrible which was surprising to me after watching him a bit last year. I hope Glennon starts for our sake. 

I can only hope the Bears watched that game too and are like, "pff we can beat them with our eyes closed." 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Yes Joe Douglas doesn't understand that the 1st pick is the better pick.

lol.

Players aren't going to tank. Film review is real.

You're correct. Players won't. 

But Front Offices can tank (especially once you've got yourself a Generational Elway/Manning type of prospect within your grasp). 

Just look @ JAX. They aren't playing any games. They're about to shut down a really good QB in Minshew. 

JD deserves to be fired for drafting Morgan 4th round without ever letting him see the field (on a winless Jets team).

• Thumb Down 2

I sat through last week's Jags game and it might have been worse than any Jets game all year. Minshew was terrible which was surprising to me after watching him a bit last year. I hope Glennon starts for our sake. 
I can only hope the Bears watched that game too and are like, "pff we can beat them with our eyes closed." 

Each game is different. Watch the Jets vs the Hawks and then the Rams. Jags can win this game. Not likely, but not impossible

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, British Jet said:

Watch Minshew light up the Bears to try and keep a QB1 job next year. 

Jax isn't even going to let him PLAY next week for that reason alone (they know he can beat both Chicago and Indianapolis). 

Great. Just great. I'm going to have to update my JN avatar from Minshew to freaking Napoleon Dynamite ?

21 minutes ago, Drums said:

It's also because they played the best running team in the league and aren't great at stopping the run

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Bill Belichick was not going to let us out of Foxboro with a loss.

Beating the Rams saved you from the Buttfumble-like, Fake-Spike-like humiliation of Belitank.  Be grateful.

SAR I

No matter what belichick wants the Jets are picking 2nd.  He’s not gonna let the Jets win.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Drums said:

Yes! Please keep giving me hope. I'm running on fumes.

dave chappelle tyrone biggums GIF

I really do think that was an awful matchup for them. Jags need to get off to a good start. It's possible since they are playing at home after Christmas and the Bears will be away from home that they steal this game. It's not like the Bears are any good. How am I doing? :) 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I really do think that was an awful matchup for them. Jags need to get off to a good start. It's possible since they are playing at home after Christmas and the Bears will be away from home that they steal this game. It's not like the Bears are any good. How am I doing? :) 

You are working it haha. I really hope the Bears somehow come out flat and blow the game. Any given Sunday!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Drums said:

You are working it haha. I really hope the Bears somehow come out flat and blow the game. Any given Sunday!

Exactly. 

If the Jets could best the RAMS @ L.A and the Joe Burrowless Bengals just best the Steelers...

Well then the Jags @ home in Jax can beat the Bears who just recently came off of a 6 game losing streak. 

Etc. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

The Jets Oline is already better than Jacksonville & we have more draft picks the next 2 years. Good luck to TL next year! 

I keep thinking it is insane to believe that TL or anybody guarantees anything let alone a SB..

Don't believe me go ask Dan Marino.......

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Well after the NE debacle, a certain Boston radio host was adamant that “the Jets tanked the game and would only get bad karma” in the form of a “injury to Trevor” or even “Trevor possibility declining to play for the jets”. 

I hope that same logic still applies 

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You're correct. Players won't. 

But Front Offices can tank (especially once you've got yourself a Generational Elway/Manning type of prospect within your grasp). 

Just look @ JAX. They aren't playing any games. They're about to shut down a really good QB in Minshew. 

JD deserves to be fired for drafting Morgan 4th round without ever letting him see the field (on a winless Jets team).

If you had been involved in sport at even the smallest competitive level (high school), you would realize that what you are asking doesn't happen, nor is it tolerated within a team atmosphere. It is just not a reality. Just a fan made up ideal.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1