2020-2021 NCAA Basketball Thread

19 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Illinois with just an awful showing. They looked half in the bag.

The Big Ten has officially sh*t the bed.  Overrated conference.  I fell for it.  Pac 12 and Big 12 waaaaaay better.    Although Texas screwed me too.

On 3/19/2021 at 6:21 PM, Beerfish said:

First big upset, Oral Roberts punts Ohio State,

Did u watch them take down Florida?  What a great game.  everyone should have known that O.R. was going to cover.  Florida always disappoints. I've been losing $$ this f-ing tournament )Big Ten sucker, I am) but O.R.  brought it back closer to even.   Had the points on a decent bet and took the draftkings promo of +500 for Oral Rob to win.  Too bad it had a $25 limit.

• Upvote 1

On 3/20/2021 at 11:00 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

******* embarrassing. I don't want to look this up, but I can't remember a single time in my entire life when UConn went out in the first round.

Don't care that Bouk will be a first round pick - kid has more talent than anyone UConn has trotted out since Kemba, but it means nothing without heart in college hoops. The last UConn championship with a bunch of nobodies is a literal case study of this. Bouk is not a Husky to me. He can take all of his talent and be a one-and-done for all I care. Softer than the boogie boarding ginger QB for the Jets. And I actually like the boogie boarder. 

UConn killed me.  Maryland was sh*t in the last month.  Not a great tourny for me.  I had UConn getting to Elite 8

17 hours ago, Lith said:

I still have a hard time thinking of Maryland as Big 10.  And Syracuse as ACC,

Love me some Boeheim this year.  Syracuse with the points and the ML yesterday.  $$$$

Also, I won some with Rick Pitino + points in round 1.  Man, what a great job with the Iona kids.  

Now the big question is, can Boeheim take down the Houston Cougars?  And for betting....   opening line is Cougars -6.5.   It will be difficult for me not to take those points.  Cougars are tough. 

18 hours ago, Lith said:

I still have a hard time thinking of Maryland as Big 10.  And Syracuse as ACC,

Maryland will be done after Alabama knocks them out tonight.  Spread is Alabama -5.5.   That is a lot of points for a tournament where the dogs are doing quite well.  Tough call on the points, especially because Alabama gets sloppy at the end of games, but Alabama to sweet 16.

Small bet on Ducks to win, larger bet on Ducks + 5.5 points and largest on the over 148.

Hat trick.

Nice way to start the day.  

Now lets see Gonzaga beat the spread (-14).  My only bet is they beat the spread here.  Up by 12 at the half.  

On 3/28/2021 at 3:41 PM, Beerfish said:

1st time really watching Gonzaga, playing Creighton. 

Damn they are good.

Hard working on defense, very smart team and athletic enough to make all the plays.

I'm very impressed.

Yeah Gonzaga is the truth. I think UCLA will give Michigan a game but Michigan pulls away late. Michigan/Zags will be a battle.

Oregon State still in the tournament is baffling. 

Baylor Gonzaga as a Final would be a great game.

• Upvote 1

That had to be the best 7 seconds of basketball in history. Holy sh*t. Credit to Few for letting them play that out. Just wow. I was pulling hard for UCLA but nobody is more deserving of a title in college ball than Few at this point. I hope the Zags can pull it off. Super inspiring to see what they've built the last 20 years.

Tomorrow is going to be a blast. Both teams are loaded with first round picks. Suggs v Mitchell has the potential to be an all-time classic. 

14 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

That had to be the best 7 seconds of basketball in history. Holy sh*t. Credit to Few for letting them play that out. Just wow. I was pulling hard for UCLA but nobody is more deserving of a title in college ball than Few at this point. I hope the Zags can pull it off. Super inspiring to see what they've built the last 20 years.

Tomorrow is going to be a blast. Both teams are loaded with first round picks. Suggs v Mitchell has the potential to be an all-time classic. 

Gonzaga looks like a pro team.  Yeah, going to be a fun game.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Preseason AP Top 25 is out

1. Gonzaga (55)
2. UCLA (8)
3. Kansas
4. Villanova
5. Texas
6. Michigan
7. Purdue
8. Baylor
9. Duke
10. Kentucky
11. Illinois
12. Memphis
13. Oregon
14. Alabama
15. Houston
16. Arkansas
17. Ohio State
18. Tennessee
19. North Carolina
20. Florida State
21. Maryland
22. Auburn
23. St. Bonaventure
24. UConn
25. Virginia
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

Preseason AP Top 25 is out

1. Gonzaga (55)
2. UCLA (8)
3. Kansas
4. Villanova
5. Texas
6. Michigan
7. Purdue
8. Baylor
9. Duke
10. Kentucky
11. Illinois
12. Memphis
13. Oregon
14. Alabama
15. Houston
16. Arkansas
17. Ohio State
18. Tennessee
19. North Carolina
20. Florida State
21. Maryland
22. Auburn
23. St. Bonaventure
24. UConn
25. Virginia

Can't wait to watch UConn blow more games by outplaying the opponent but missing 28% of their FTs and averaging 13 TOs a game again.

The only saving grace is I don't have to watch an immensely talented James Bouknight play every game like a heartless timid backup. He's the Hornets' problem now.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Selling 2 tickets to the Basketball Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tournament at Mohegan Sun on Sunday November 21.  Tickets are in the 4th row behind the hoop, and I'm looking just for a little under face value ($50 each)

There will be 2 games (championship game and consolation game), and all 4 teams featured are ranked in the top 25 (#4 Villanova, #7, Purdue, #18 Tennessee, #19 North Carolina).

I'm going on Saturday, but selling these because I forgot I have to go to Jets-Dolphins the next day ?

@greenwichjetfan

@nyjunc

• Upvote 1

On 11/9/2021 at 10:09 AM, nj meadowlands said:

Selling 2 tickets to the Basketball Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tournament at Mohegan Sun on Sunday November 21.  Tickets are in the 4th row behind the hoop, and I'm looking just for a little under face value ($50 each)

There will be 2 games (championship game and consolation game), and all 4 teams featured are ranked in the top 25 (#4 Villanova, #7, Purdue, #18 Tennessee, #19 North Carolina).

I'm going on Saturday, but selling these because I forgot I have to go to Jets-Dolphins the next day ?

@greenwichjetfan

@nyjunc

That's going to be a great event.  My son wants to go and I was going to get tickets but I have to wait until we get closer because of my kids basketball schedules.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Iowa has had a good start.  Have a really good player you probably haven’t heard about in Keegan Murray.  POY type good.  He won’t win it, pry not even Big 10 POY but he’s very talented.  Potential lottery pick.

Iowa opens Big 10 play tomorrow at Purdue.  Both undefeated.  Iowa is pretty good, I think a potential tournament team, but they will get smoked tomorrow.  Purdue is an awful patch up for this Iowa team.  Iowa has no size and will just get destroyed by Purdue’s bigs.  Plus Iowa never plays well at Purdue to begin with.

I love the Jimmy V Classic, but they've gotta fix it.  Can't have the second game ending after midnight.  The Tennessee-TX Tech game was one of the worst games I've ever seen lol.

Anyway, good W for Nova, surviving the zone long enough to pull away from a stinky Cuse team (which will probably zone its way to the sweet 16 again).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just an incredible Cinderella story that we've all had the privilege to bear witness to this March.  Really never seen anything like it.  A scrappy bunch of under-talented overachievers with an extraordinary bandwagon following advancing as far as they have.

I am, of course, referring to the #8 seed UNC Tar Heels.  :) 

In all seriousness, someone should put out an APB for junk.

Let's go Nova!

On 3/28/2022 at 5:30 PM, nj meadowlands said:

In all seriousness, someone should put out an APB for junk.

I imagine his “special connection” to this year’s UNC team led to some light stalking, which took up much of his time this spring.  

He’ll be back around again once his legal issues are taken care of.  

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Rock Chalk Jayhawk.

Never been a KU fan, but they won me my NCAA pool this year.  Probably been doing these things for about 40 years and never won before.  Should be about $650 payoff.  So, yes,  Rock. Chalk. Jayhawk.

Jayhawk.gif

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Rock Chalk Jayhawk.

Yuck. Dumbest phrase in sports.

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I imagine his “special connection” to this year’s UNC team led to some light stalking, which took up much of his time this spring.  

He’ll be back around again once his legal issues are taken care of.  

Serious question - did he catch a ban?  He hasn't been around in MONTHS.  And given how special the connection is between him and his non-alma mater, it's pretty disturbing.

• Haha 1