Is search broken or were old posts removed from the site?

On 12/23/2020 at 1:38 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

When I search for old posts (I think the post I'm looking for is from 2017) I am not getting any results.  

I often use google to search the site as it seems to work better. If you start your search with 

site:forums.jetnation.com

then put your normal google search in after, you'll get good results.

• Post of the Week 1

• 4 weeks later...

As best as I can tell, @Maxman the site post search feature will only allow searches of posts made within 1 year.  I have been unable to figure out how to search further back myself (I could be missing something, of course).

If it is set to a 1-year limit, is there any way to make the search feature go longer?  Might be worth exploring, I know I'd like to use a longer search feature myself quite often.

Food for thought my friend.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

As best as I can tell, @Maxman the site post search feature will only allow searches of posts made within 1 year.  I have been unable to figure out how to search further back myself (I could be missing something, of course).

If it is set to a 1-year limit, is there any way to make the search feature go longer?  Might be worth exploring, I know I'd like to use a longer search feature myself quite often.

Food for thought my friend.

That's interesting, I am not sure. I will look into it though, thanks.

• Sympathy 1

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, jetophile said:

Well . . . ?

Wow, someone is bored today. Three posts in the feedback forum in a row.

Search has been throttled due to the resources it takes up. This can be revisited after the draft, but not with the current traffic we are receiving. We have to be cautious.

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Wow, someone is bored today. Three posts in the feedback forum in a row.

Search has been throttled due to the resources it takes up. This can be revisited after the draft, but not with the current traffic we are receiving. We have to be cautious.

Off-season. Pretty soon I'll post in the badminton forum if there is one. I only asked because it was 2 months old and was left unanswered, haha.

I mostly don't know what your explanation means, but I can muddle through. Thanks.