7:00 - New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers Game/Season Thread (Opening Night).

2 minutes ago, Barkus said:

I stopped the watching the Knicks after they traded porzingis, I will try to watch some of the game tonight. Quickley has impressed, interested in watching him. Hopefully Knox can get going and Barrett can be a more consistent shooter. 

In fairness Porzingis demanded a trade.  Similar to the Adams situation.  Plus let’s be honest the guy is constantly injured. The way he is built that will be an issue his whole career. We do have two first rounders coming up from that trade too

Just now, Icer said:

Going from the Jets to the Knicks season is like getting punched in the balls repeatedly

It actually feels pretty good to be able to root for a win tonight. 

Going from a 1-13 Jets season with Adam Gase to a 0-0 Knicks season with Tom Thibodeau feels like a breath of fresh air right now. 

I just ordered the NBA league pass for Team Pass for $199.99 last night. At first I was going to order the NBA team pass for $119.99 (just the Knicks). But then I thought to myself if we're going to truly have an NBA playoff run (as I'm expecting this year) then why not spend an extra $80 so this way down the stretch I'll be able to tune into other teams games without having to go through the frustration of steaming. Also just ordered today down here in Florida the MSG Network for $55 per month in order to feel at home again (can cancel at anytime) in order to check out the pre and post games. 

I'm super pumped for 7:00!

• Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, Barkus said:

I stopped the watching the Knicks after they traded porzingis, I will try to watch some of the game tonight. Quickley has impressed, interested in watching him. Hopefully Knox can get going and Barrett can be a more consistent shooter. 

Man I was so upset when we lost and traded K.P just because my daughter's Grandma loved him. I thought it was so awesome for my Knicks to have a Latvian Superstar player. 

My wife is born in Latvia (but has been in America since 7 years old) and her mom who escaped to America from Latvia in the early 90s never watched Sports with us but when K.P was a Knick?  Omg. She was HOOKED. She'd come over to our place every single night for a Knicks game and me, my wife, my daughter and her grandma would all gather around the TV watching my Knicks it was so awesome for us. She was just so proud to see a kid from Latvia (where it's hard to make it out of) become an American celebrity. I took my daughter, my wife and her Grandma to see the Orlando Magic down here in Florida and my daughter's Grandma was speaking Latvian to him during shoot around he came over and gave her a big hug took a picture with us it was awesome man my daughter was so proud to be Latvian on that night it was great. 

Ever since the K.P trade? lol She no longer comes over with her foods and snacks (just to watch the Knicks) lol damn I miss K.P man. She still visits everyday but her falling in love with my Knicks because of KP was pretty awesome. 

Stinks he was accused of rape because that's the only reason he immediately wanted out of New York. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You'll see once I bump this thread following our playoff birth (already, bookmarked). 

I don't believe I've ever created a Knicks thread here on JN. This is a first for me; because I truly believe with all of this young talent we're a much better team than New Yorkers currently realize. 

I don't believe you have created a Knicks thread here on JN because this is a football site. Please stop your other nonsensical bs.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, GaryM said:

I don't believe you have created a Knicks thread here on JN because this is a football site. Please stop your other nonsensical bs.

Jets site or not I could've created an NYK thread for many of years now but unfortunately I was never excited enough to do so; but tonight, I am. 

Go NY go NY go!

9 minutes ago, The Gooch said:

Who care's about Knick Basketball!!!

Me. They were my first Childhood sports love. I started watching the Jets in 1994-1995 when I was 9-10 years old but from the age of kindergarten @ 5 years old I loved my Knicks down in the basement more than I did cartoons; the Knicks have been difficult to watch for a long time now but deep down inside New Yorkers will always love them (unlike NJ natives such as yourself but who really gives a fk; not me). 

Win or lose MSG is always top 5 (9th at the very worst) in fan attendance so your "who cares about Knicks basketball"! Remark is absolutely, clueless. 

Saying no one cares about Knicks basketball is the same as a Knicks fan saying NY fans don't care about the Jets; they'd be absolutely clueless, too. 

35 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Use to love the NBA & the Red Holtzman Knickerbochers, now they would have to pay me to watch!!!

Agreed. Selfish, egocentric pricks. This was really Jamal’s calling. He would be the perfect NBA player today. Could care less if my team wins, just let me do my thing and get onESPN and social media.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Me. They were my first Childhood sports love. I started watching the Jets in 1994-1995 when I was 9-10 years old but from the age of kindergarten @ 5 years old I loved my Knicks down in the basement more than I did cartoons; the Knicks have been difficult to watch for a long time now but deep down inside New Yorkers will always love them (unlike NJ natives such as yourself but who really gives a fk; not me). 

Win or lose MSG is always top 5 (9th at the very worst) in fan attendance so your "who cares about Knicks basketball"! Remark is absolutely, clueless. 

Saying no one cares about Knicks basketball is the same as a Knicks fan saying NY fans don't care about the Jets; they'd be absolutely clueless, too. 

You know why nobody cares? Because in the last 15 years  or so, the current crop of assholes who populate the NBA have turned the ultimate team sport into Dancing with the Stars. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I said most, not all. 

And if not I feel bad for you (championship or no Championship) because Knicks basketball throughout the entire 90s was my childhood love as a Knicks/Jets fan and I miss those memories like crazy. 

The New York Knicks are the only NY Franchise that unites Yankees/Mets, Jets/Giants and Rangers/Islanders together into one arena. 

Fk James Dolan but it you're not a Knicks fan (deep down inside) imo you're not a real NEW YORKER and probably don't like NY Pizza ? either. 

Only us old timers are Knick fans. I have no idea what made you such a fan. I don't think you were around for the Frazier teams like I was. You should be rooting for the Nets. 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Only us old timers are Knick fans. I have no idea what made you such a fan. I don't think you were around for the Frazier teams like I was. You should be rooting for the Nets. 

Championship or not Starks, Mason, Oakley, Ewing and Riley were my childhood! 

Loved them!

Just now, talisaynon said:

They’re pretty exciting finally have smart players in iq love him and rj play the kids thibs!

Yessss man I'm just loving all these homegrown 1st round Knick picks we're finally loaded in young homegrown talent and the 3rd youngest team within the entire NBA and just fought a playoffs Pacers team with two All Stars there in the 1st. 

Tom Thibs is going to change our NY culture into a winning one. 

• Upvote 1

1946543556_images(3).jpeg.bf34991a1e28bc152ccd458a092e8808.jpeg

Kid just had an AMAZING 1st half going 8/8 from the field (3/3 from 3) with 20 1st half points to go along with 3 assists and 3 rebounds; begining to look like a #3 overall pick (who was deserving of #1 overall coming out of Duke!). 

And our NY Knicks are up 66-61 @ the half (after being down by 8 ala 13 point turnaround). 

I'm pumped!