Jump to content

7:00 - New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers Game/Season Thread (Opening Night).


Recommended Posts

On 12/24/2020 at 2:24 AM, BROOKLYN JET said:

Knicks by 5 at half.

Once Quickly got injured the game was over.  Knicks should not try to rush him back he’s way too important for the team

 

Oh and Elfrid Payton is HORRIBLE 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody gives a flying f**k about the Knicks or the NBA.

Most of us grew up as diehard New York Knicks fans throughout the entire 90's where Madison Square Garden once rocked (Spike Lee) alongside the likes of Mark Jackson (on and off) John Starks, Anthony

If only Jetnation had an "Other Sports" section to place these types of stories.

Posted Images

On 12/23/2020 at 9:59 PM, joewilly12 said:

I cant imagine being a Jets,Mets,Knicks fan. 

Try growing up 2 miles away from Shea Stadium in the late 60's to mid 70's.  Jets, Knicks, Mets all underdogs with shocking Championship wins.  (Both Willis Reed and Cassie Russel lived in Rego Park near me as well).  Those 3 Championships (and the follow-up Knicks Championship a few years later) .  Cloud 9 Joe Willie, cloud 9..  Felt like a kid who was king of the sportsworld.  Waaaay too late to change now.  Pity, isn't it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2020 at 9:07 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

STFU with your Adam Gase fanboy crap. 

 

The Knicks are 0-2 and clearly Thingamabeu sucks as a coach and the season is slipping away.

Where are the t-shirts?  Where are the planes?  Where are the billboards?

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The Knicks are 0-2 and clearly Thingamabeu sucks as a coach and the season is slipping away.

Where are the t-shirts?  Where are the planes?  Where are the billboards?

SAR I

Last time I checked this was a NY Jets FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD. 

WHO CARES? 

giphy.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

7:00: Knicks (1-2) @ Cavs (3-0). 

We're the 3rd youngest team in the league and under Tom Thibodeau; we're finally fun to watch again!

Tonight we're looking to get back to .500 and improve to 2-2 after absolutely destroying the Greek Freak and his Milwaukee Bucks by 20 points (a top 1-2 Eastern Conference Contender). 

Milwaukee's win is the type of win that can give our young Knicks team both confidence and momentum moving forward (currently 8th seed). 

Time to give the Cleveland Cavs their 1st loss of the season (RJ Barrett puts up his first career 40+ point game tonight). 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Knicks: 95 (2-2).

Cavs: 86 (3-1). 

Tom Thibodeau grew up as an NY Knicks fan and is making New York City basketball fun for me again; tonight's win had an old-school type of 1990's throwback feel to it (DEFENSE).

StatueOfThiberty2_Getty_Ringer.thumb.jpg.0b9db6cc39d2a315f4012c2a9bf6ca72.jpg

Julius Randle messed around and dropped a Triple-Double (28 Points/12 Rebounds/11 Assists). 

Already can't wait until Thursday against the Raptors for a chance to become above .500 @ 3-2 (didn't get our 3rd win until our 12th game last year). 

orange-applied-icon-wall-decals-nbsg2001-64_600.jpg.60d762ba6dc17c5a232258a1f2995ad6.jpg

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2020 at 4:08 PM, LockeJET said:

The Knicks suck! Not sure what you're so excited about because they have 0 chance to make the playoffs this year. ZERO!

You're wrong. 

We're currently the 7th seed with the same exact record as the overhyped New Jersey Nets (2-2). 

We're also the 3rd youngest team in the league; and will only continue to get better and better (as the season goes on) under Tom Thibodeau.

thumbs_b_c_c4b439f18cc0c8c45c1dd4b66fc12137.jpg.72a43407a0ddcaf49282d7d76b28b81b.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Knicks: 95 (2-2).

Cavs: 86 (3-1). 

Tom Thibodeau grew up as an NY Knicks fan and is making New York City basketball fun for me again; tonight's win had an old-school type of 1990's throwback feel to it (DEFENSE).

StatueOfThiberty2_Getty_Ringer.thumb.jpg.0b9db6cc39d2a315f4012c2a9bf6ca72.jpg

Julius Randle messed around and dropped a Triple-Double (28 Points/12 Rebounds/11 Assists). 

Already can't wait until Thursday against the Raptors for a chance to become above .500 @ 3-2 (didn't get our 3rd win until our 12th game last year). 

orange-applied-icon-wall-decals-nbsg2001-64_600.jpg.60d762ba6dc17c5a232258a1f2995ad6.jpg

 

Ugly win but I’ll gladly take it

 

Hopefully we get Quick back for next game @raptors.  Not having fans in the stands helps us on these never ending road trips 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Ugly win but I’ll gladly take it

 

Hopefully we get Quick back for next game @raptors.  Not having fans in the stands helps us on these never ending road trips 

Yes I absolutely love Immanuel Quickley and I believe we finally have an EXCITING Point Guard. 

This kid developed under John Calipari @ KENTUCKY!

And Anthony Edwards out of Georgia might've been the one to go #1 overall but it was Immanuel Quickley who was the SEC's PLAYER OF THE YEAR. 

This kid is exciting and looked like a 10 year veteran during his first official NBA game against Indiana (his composure was A+ @ the Point). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patriot Killa said:

So happy I’m not a fan of the most sh*t team in the NBA. I feel bad for you suckers.

You're a lucky guy. Being both a Jets and Knicks fan is . . . difficult. 

Recent avatar change? You on the Wilson bandwagon? Wilson over Fields? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

So happy I’m not a fan of the most sh*t team in the NBA. I feel bad for you suckers.

Not me. I enjoy this team we're the 3rd youngest team in the league and we haven't featured this much HOMEGROWN TALENT since before the Melo trade. 

Over the past 4 drafts we've drafted  players who I'm really begining to enjoy in Frank Ntilikina (8th overall), Kevin Knox (9th overall), R.J Barrett (3rd overall out of Duke), Obi Toppin (8th overall), Immanuel Quickley (25th overall out of Kentucky) and Mitchell Robinson (high 2nd round). 

And more importantly a respected head coach who grew up as a die-hard NY Knicks fan in Tom Thibodeau (who Julius Randle as a FA is absolutely FLOURISHING under right now). 

We're no longer the worst team in the league because we're finally featuring young talent behind a great HC and already 2-2. We're also the 7th seed early on and have beaten Milwaukee by 20 points and gave the Cavs their first loss (now 3-1). 

PS: We have BY FAR the #1 and most available salary cap space and are literally one superstar FA away from becoming a true contender. 

And yes. We're making the playoffs during year #1 under Thibs this season; which will finally make us an attractive FA destination. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah being a Jets fan is enough as it is & yes indeed. I love Wilson.

It only took the Knicks 4 games to reach .500 @ 2-2 in comparison to the Jets who went 15 games before winning 2 (2-13). 

Yes. It's much more fun being a Knicks fan right now. 

I fell in love with Football and the Jets in 1995 @ 10 years old but basketball and the Knicks were my first childhood sports love since the age of pre school/kindergarten of 1990 5 years old down in the basement in Queens throughout the entire 90s I grew up watching Pat Riley, Harper, M. Jackson, Starks, Mason, Oakley and Ewing with MSG rocking alongside of Spike Lee with heated rivalries against Chicago/Indiana/Heat and then towards my very beginning H.S years after moving to Florida the likes of JVG, H20 Houston, Sprewell, 4 pt. play L.J, Marcus Camby and an older aging #33 etc I LOVED those Knick teams!

Basketball has only sucked for the past 20 or so years because our Knicks have stunk but with all of this homegrown young talent and a die-hard NY Knicks fan in Tom Thibs on the sideline? NYC basketball is finally becoming FUN for me again. 

I can't WAIT for the playoffs this year and we'll be 3-2 overall after beating Toronto!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

In a perfect world Randle can somewhat keep this up for the next few months and you can move him at the deadline for a nice little haul. Thibs has really opened his game up. 

If he continues to play like this? Damn near a triple double machine? I don't move him at all. 

An A+ FA superstar and Randle is what these young kids truly need in order to become true contenders alongside of Thibs. 

Randle is becoming a junkyard dog under Thibs and I'm freaking enjoying it. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Not me. I enjoy this team we're the 3rd youngest team in the league and we haven't featured this much HOMEGROWN TALENT since before the Melo trade. 

Over the past 4 drafts we've drafted  players who I'm really begining to enjoy in Frank Ntilikina (8th overall), Kevin Knox (9th overall), R.J Barrett (3rd overall out of Duke), Obi Toppin (8th overall), Immanuel Quickley (25th overall out of Kentucky) and Mitchell Robinson (high 2nd round). 

And more importantly a respected head coach who grew up as a die-hard NY Knicks fan in Tom Thibodeau (who Julius Randle as a FA is absolutely FLOURISHING under right now). 

We're no longer the worst team in the league because we're finally featuring young talent behind a great HC and already 2-2. We're also the 7th seed early on and have beaten Milwaukee by 20 points and gave the Cavs their first loss (now 3-1). 

PS: We have BY FAR the #1 and most available salary cap space and are literally one superstar FA away from becoming a true contender. 

And yes. We're making the playoffs during year #1 under Thibs this season; which will finally make us an attractive FA destination. 

Idk I still think they’re the worst. Even the Magic look better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

In a perfect world Randle can somewhat keep this up for the next few months and you can move him at the deadline for a nice little haul. Thibs has really opened his game up. 

Move him for what?  We have plenty of draft picks and unless we're getting a top-3 pick, which you can't know before the lottery, I'm not sure another mid-1st pick is going to be that valuable on a team that is loaded with Tier 2 talent.  So unless he becomes a piece you move to get a Harden-type player, I think we roll with him leading the young guns and aim for a .500 season and a playoff appearance.  Just not sure how many of those type of players become available mid-season.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

If he continues to play like this? Damn near a triple double machine? I don't move him at all. 

An A+ FA superstar and Randle is what these young kids truly need in order to become true contenders alongside of Thibs. 

Randle is becoming a junkyard dog under Thibs and I'm freaking enjoying it. 

I like Randle and think he has been slightly underappreciated by Knicks fans. 

The thing to remember about Randle is that he's still only 26. And you can't trade away every good player you have for the future. At some point, you have to start to keep good young players on your team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I like Randle and think he has been slightly underappreciated by Knicks fans. 

The thing to remember about Randle is that he's still only 26. And you can't trade away every good player you have for the future. At some point, you have to start to keep good young players on your team. 

I agree although he was an absolute chucker before however ever since coach Thibs; not anymore. He's no longer a ball stopper and attacks when he has to. He's a keeper for sure and as you've mentioned he's only 26 years of age. 

Getting Melo was nice but we had to give up so much younger talent such as Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari and Timofey Mozgov PLUS our Knicks 2014 first-round draft pick!

When in reality he could've came the very next off-season while keeping our young core together + draft picks. 

I believe under Thibs this 2020-2021 Knicks team is going to become just as competitive as our 2012-2013 Knicks team that went 54-28. Our record may not be as good but I believe the competitive nature will be. 

And if we surround these kids and Randle with a Kawhi Leonard type of superstar? We'll become contenders for many of years to come. 

As a fan that's my goal this season. Make the playoffs with a super young core + an attractive Head Coach in Tom Thibs and NY will finally be on the map come free agency. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...