7:00 - New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers Game/Season Thread (Opening Night).

Living down here in Florida I'm so glad I ordered the full NBA league pass @ $199 for $80 more instead of just the Knicks games @ $119 (just for one team) because right now I'm watching the Atlanta vs. New Jersey Nets and I'm not impressed (whatsoever) with Kyrie/Durant as a duo; and the surrounding pieces around Kyrie/Durant looks to be absolute trash. 

I don't think the Nets finish with a better record than the Knicks; they look overrated to the max. 

The MSG package I ordered is pretty awesome too haven't watched MSG since 2012-2013 and just makes me feel like I'm in NYC down here in Florida I love it

• Upvote 1

Tonight's game is exciting for us NYK faithful. 

We have a chance to not only ride a 3 game winning streak but to also get to above .500 after 5 games into the season for the first time, in a long time; 2012-2013 was the last time we made the playoffs after coming out the gates competing and since then haven't looked competitive, ever since. Not even early on. Seasons been over before they even ever really started. 

And Thibs has us playing, different. These homegrown kids and Randle look focused. Hungry. 

2013-2014 2-3 overall ending up going 3-13 after 16 to start. Like the Jets of 2020. 

2014-2015- 11 games before getting our 3rd win. 3-8 overall early on. 4-16 after game 20. 

Etc. And it's been like this ever since. 

Haven't featured this most homegrown kids since before the Melo trade it's fun again. 

Born and raised NYK fan. Thibs is on a mission. 

This is his first pick ever as Knicks HC. This kid is proud to have New York written over his chest a Brooklyn kid cried tears of emotion after getting drafted by NY. 

knicks-1.thumb.jpg.fdde04025ed55a0ae02b92e4818618a3.jpg

Kid from Duke. 3rd overall. 

rj-barrett-champions-classicjpg.thumb.jpg.f2aef56c9ec601792d30f330a8538159.jpg

Kid from Kentucky. Rookie PG. SEC Player of the year last year. 

500756408_download(4).jpeg.0ed8004f847e883f713c24641bcbd47c.jpeg

Another 1st round kid from Kentucky. being surrounded by younger ballers. 

USATSI_10413344-1024x768.thumb.jpg.9ae1eb901976fdf76e85d8bd22107e4a.jpg

He fouls too much but he's still a kid and absolute throwback Center of the 1990's type of tower on D and on the boards and he'll catch any Oop you throw his way A+ athleticism I love Robinson. 

Mitchell_Robinson-scaled.thumb.jpg.61898183b1b3e58aedda92a84d40d8d4.jpg

Frank. Underrated because of being drafted into absolute Dolan crap. This kid can play ball. On both sides of the ball too and a grinder on D. 8th overall pick. Still only 22 years old. 4th year. Finally surrounding by other homegrown lottery picks. 

frank-ntilikina-nbae.thumb.jpg.b10456a13470446ccf7b8c91f7468253.jpg

About 30 minutes before game time against Toronto and I'm pumped (7:30). 

All 6 of these homegrown NY drafted kids are being led by a Junkyard Dog in Julius Randle. As the competitive veteran who's leading these kids right now. 

Only 26 years of age as another former lottery pick. 7th overall (LA Lakers). 5 years in L.A; 

He's what these younger kids needs he's been there before and has felt their NY pressure while in LA himself. 

julius-randle-2-1.thumb.jpg.f044565bc4ea22273eb585f68ce50383.jpg

3-2 here we come. 

yEFwATW.thumb.jpg.07f1bb0dd02550013ed61505665061a2.jpg

We aren't back quite yet. But it's fun rooting for NYC basketball again. I miss those days deeply and hope Thibs gives us many of playoff battles over the next 10 years. 

Make the playoffs during the 1st year as head coach of NY? Thibs can bring us back from the dead. 

I love Walt Clyde he never gets old to me. He just mentioned how Julius Randle is top 15 in all of points, rebounds and assists (top 10 in assists). 

And the coaches kid. Austin Rivers. Makes his Knicks debut tonight. Coming off the bench as a combo guard drafted in 2012 only 28. He can become the I.Q veteran coach Thibs needs off the bench as a smart player who's played winning basketball before. 

We're without rookies in Quickley and Topin and also without Dennis Smith JR and Alec Burks (been a really good FA addition so far) but I'm excited 

13 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Tonight's game is exciting for us NYK faithful. 

We have a chance to not only ride a 3 game winning streak but to also get to above .500 after 5 games into the season for the first time, in a long time; 2012-2013 was the last time we made the playoffs after coming out the gates competing and since then haven't looked competitive, ever since. Not even early on. Seasons been over before they even ever really started. 

And Thibs has us playing, different. These homegrown kids and Randle look focused. Hungry. 

2013-2014 2-3 overall ending up going 3-13 after 16 to start. Like the Jets of 2020. 

2014-2015- 11 games before getting our 3rd win. 3-8 overall early on. 4-16 after game 20. 

Etc. And it's been like this ever since. 

Haven't featured this most homegrown kids since before the Melo trade it's fun again. 

Born and raised NYK fan. Thibs is on a mission. 

This is his first pick ever as Knicks HC. This kid is proud to have New York written over his chest a Brooklyn kid cried tears of emotion after getting drafted by NY. 

knicks-1.thumb.jpg.fdde04025ed55a0ae02b92e4818618a3.jpg

Kid from Duke. 3rd overall. 

rj-barrett-champions-classicjpg.thumb.jpg.f2aef56c9ec601792d30f330a8538159.jpg

Kid from Kentucky. Rookie PG. SEC Player of the year last year. 

500756408_download(4).jpeg.0ed8004f847e883f713c24641bcbd47c.jpeg

Another 1st round kid from Kentucky. being surrounded by younger ballers. 

USATSI_10413344-1024x768.thumb.jpg.9ae1eb901976fdf76e85d8bd22107e4a.jpg

He fouls too much but he's still a kid and absolute throwback Center of the 1990's type of tower on D and on the boards and he'll catch any Oop you throw his way A+ athleticism I love Robinson. 

Mitchell_Robinson-scaled.thumb.jpg.61898183b1b3e58aedda92a84d40d8d4.jpg

Frank. Underrated because of being drafted into absolute Dolan crap. This kid can play ball. On both sides of the ball too and a grinder on D. 8th overall pick. Still only 22 years old. 4th year. Finally surrounding by other homegrown lottery picks. 

frank-ntilikina-nbae.thumb.jpg.b10456a13470446ccf7b8c91f7468253.jpg

About 30 minutes before game time against Toronto and I'm pumped (7:30). 

All 6 of these homegrown NY drafted kids are being led by a Junkyard Dog in Julius Randle. As the competitive veteran who's leading these kids right now. 

Only 26 years of age as another former lottery pick. 7th overall (LA Lakers). 5 years in L.A; 

He's what these younger kids needs he's been there before and has felt their NY pressure while in LA himself. 

julius-randle-2-1.thumb.jpg.f044565bc4ea22273eb585f68ce50383.jpg

3-2 here we come. 

yEFwATW.thumb.jpg.07f1bb0dd02550013ed61505665061a2.jpg

We aren't back quite yet. But it's fun rooting for NYC basketball again. I miss those days deeply and hope Thibs gives us many of playoff battles over the next 10 years. 

Make the playoffs during the 1st year as head coach of NY? Thibs can bring us back from the dead. 

If you were to tell me we’d be 2-3 with this demonic schedule I’d be thrilled 

That said, we need Quickley, Burks and Obi back stat

That was a fun win to watch from the Knicks. 

Just beat the 4-1 Pacers (now 4-2) on the road @ Indiana; and we beat them in the 4th Quarter too. 

106-102 (Indiana hit two garbage time 3's under 10 seconds or else we hold them to under 100 pts). 

This team under Thibs is so fun to watch because not only are we super young but we now play smart DEFENSE under Thibs and we're also REBOUNDING like junkyard dogs down low. 

Make that 3-1 throughout our previous 4 (3-3 overall). 

Last year Mitchell Robinson set an All-Time NBA record from the field of over 70% FG percentage because not only is he freakishly athletic and lives above the rim but his hand eye coordination in the air is A+ he'll literally catch and finish every lob thrown his way; tonight a big time performance with 16 points (8-10) along with 9 rebounds. 

Player of the game was RJ Barrett. 25 points (8/15), 5 rebounds and 3 assists. He was in a slump of 20+ consecutive missed 3 pointers so what does he do? Spends New Years Eve in the gym. Working on his shot. And goes out there and shoots 4/5 from 3 tonight I absolutely love this kid out of Duke.

Julius Randle with a solid overall performance almost dropping another triple double with 12 points/11 rebounds/8 assists. 

Rookie PG out of Kentucky Imanuel Quickley looked awesome during his return and 2nd NBA game throughout 15 minutes putting up 9 points (3/4), tough defense on the ball and 2 assists; this kid can play ball. 

And can't forget about our two veteran guards in Rivers and Payton combining for 34 points and 7 assists (Austin Rivers off the bench is a really nice piece to have). 

We play the Hawks @ Atlanta (4-2) on Monday

We're currently a 7th seed, only 2.0 games back of the 1 seed and a win over the Hawks could have us as a 2 or 3 seed moving forward;

I've yet to see a 3rd year Trae Young play a full NBA game so I'm excited to see how Thibs defends him because he looks to be a really exciting guard for ATL. 

4-3 coming up next. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/3/2021 at 3:54 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

That was a fun win to watch from the Knicks. 

Just beat the 4-1 Pacers (now 4-2) on the road @ Indiana; and we beat them in the 4th Quarter too. 

106-102 (Indiana hit two garbage time 3's under 10 seconds or else we hold them to under 100 pts). 

This team under Thibs is so fun to watch because not only are we super young but we now play smart DEFENSE under Thibs and we're also REBOUNDING like junkyard dogs down low. 

Make that 3-1 throughout our previous 4 (3-3 overall). 

Last year Mitchell Robinson set an All-Time NBA record from the field of over 70% FG percentage because not only is he freakishly athletic and lives above the rim but his hand eye coordination in the air is A+ he'll literally catch and finish every lob thrown his way; tonight a big time performance with 16 points (8-10) along with 9 rebounds. 

Player of the game was RJ Barrett. 25 points (8/15), 5 rebounds and 3 assists. He was in a slump of 20+ consecutive missed 3 pointers so what does he do? Spends New Years Eve in the gym. Working on his shot. And goes out there and shoots 4/5 from 3 tonight I absolutely love this kid out of Duke.

Julius Randle with a solid overall performance almost dropping another triple double with 12 points/11 rebounds/8 assists. 

Rookie PG out of Kentucky Imanuel Quickley looked awesome during his return and 2nd NBA game throughout 15 minutes putting up 9 points (3/4), tough defense on the ball and 2 assists; this kid can play ball. 

And can't forget about our two veteran guards in Rivers and Payton combining for 34 points and 7 assists (Austin Rivers off the bench is a really nice piece to have). 

We play the Hawks @ Atlanta (4-2) on Monday

We're currently a 7th seed, only 2.0 games back of the 1 seed and a win over the Hawks could have us as a 2 or 3 seed moving forward;

I've yet to see a 3rd year Trae Young play a full NBA game so I'm excited to see how Thibs defends him because he looks to be a really exciting guard for ATL. 

4-3 coming up next. 

The hawks are the trendy team everyone loves now.  I hope we can upset them 

The Knicks are back! And we're for real too!

Just beat a 4-2 (now 4-3 ATL Hawks squad) on the road 113-108 and just like Indiana the game before, we won the game in the 4th quarter (outscoring ATL by 9 pts in the 4th). 

Coach Thibs despite coaching the 3rd youngest team in the league has us off to one of our best starts in 20 years.

And more importantly we're fun to watch again. That's an understatement. This team is EXCITING!

4-3 overall (4-1 throughout our last 5 games). 

We're currently a 5 seed (and we're only going to continue to get better under Thibs) and only 2.0 back of the 1 seed. 

• We're tied for our 2nd best start since 2001. 

• RJ Barrett is begining to flourish as a 3rd overall pick of last year. He just dropped 26 points on 10-19 shooting, 11 rebounds, 5 assists; the last New York Knick to put up a stat line with numbers like that in their second season was Patrick Ewing in 1987. Kid reminds me of a younger Tracy McGrady. 

• Julius Randle is playing like an absolute SUPERSTAR. This year under coach Thibs he's already averaging 22.1 points, 11.4 rebounds and a 7.4 assists per game! Tonight? 28 points, 17 rebounds, and 9 assists. Since 2017, only 6 NBA players have put together a stat line similar to that: James Harden, Luka Doncic, Nikola Jokic, Giannis Antetokounmpo, DeMarcus Cousins, and Russell Westbrook. Those are the names of players who have put up at least 28 points, 17 rebounds, and 9 assists in a game over the past three years. We've got ourselves an NBA star in the makings. 

• Immanuel Quickley. We're starting to witness why this rookie PG out of Kentucky won the SEC player of the year award last year (edging out the #1 pick out of Georgia in Anthony Edwards). Tonight? lol he dropped 16 points (4/7), 2 rebounds and 1 assist; he's electric for real. 

On Wednesday we've got the 4-2 (4th seed of the West) Utah Jazz. 

5-3 here we come. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/30/2020 at 8:43 PM, slimjasi said:

Shocked Face Wow GIF

calm down, lol

Nope. No calming down over here sir. 

We're 4-3 compared to NJ Nets 3-4. 

And we're playing a much more exciting brand of basketball because imo Irving/KD aren't a good duo together; because they both like to ballhog as big name FAs. Speaking of KD. Kevin Durant is now facing 7-day quarantine, and set to miss 4 games. Now? We'll get to watch Kyrie stink up the joint with a crappy group of role players surrounding him (one of the most overhyped basketball team ever assembled). 

Go NY go NY go!

On 12/23/2020 at 4:08 PM, LockeJET said:

The Knicks suck! Not sure what you're so excited about because they have 0 chance to make the playoffs this year. ZERO!

I'm like an elephant. I don't forget. And you were great bulletin board material for this thread. 

We're now 4-3 overall (4-1 previous 5) and playing FUN basketball under Thibs. 

Off to our 2nd best start in 20 years (2001) and for the first time since 2012-13, we've won four of our first seven games.

We no longer suck. Outside of Julius Randle (FA) we're pretty much fully loaded with nothing but lottery draft picks and homegrown talent and more importantly; coach Thibs. 

We're literally one NBA superstar to pair alongside Randle and these young kids (super talented kids) away from becoming a true Championship contender because this year we're making the playoffs and come the off-season we'll rank #1 in available salary cap space as the BUZZ of the entire league. 

New York City basketball is back. And it's FUN again!

• Haha 1

On 12/23/2020 at 4:18 PM, jbt said:

Knicks suck for the same reason as the Jets, they cannot draft.  I loved the 90's Knicks, have not watched in many years but will tune in for the beginning of the season to see how they are and if worth watching.

the Nets were fun to watch last night, wish Knicks got KD and Kyrie (though he is a douche)

The Knicks have been drafting awesome young talent over the past 3-4 drafts and now we've got ourselves an A+ head coach who's actually begining to mold these kids into competitors. 

We're 4-3 throughout 7 games (4-1 previous 5) compared to our Jets who just went 2-14. 

Yes. My Knicks are now 10x more fun to watch than our Jets. 

Hopefully JD lands us an A+ head coach and we'll begin to win like (dare I say it) THE KNICKS!!!

On 12/23/2020 at 4:28 PM, kdels62 said:

Idk I think it’s worth talking about a championship caliber team.

Championship caliber team or one of the most overrated team ever assembled? NJ Nets have two FA superstars followed by nothing but crap surrounding them. Absolute crap. 

NY Knicks 4-3 (4-1 previous 5). 

NJ Nets 3-4 (overrated to the max). 

PS: We're the 3rd youngest team in the league and will only continue to improve and get BETTER under...

656735455_images(4).jpeg.2199e87e2095da70dfca8cf0105738bb.jpeg

I wouldn't trade this young Knicks team full of nothing but homegrown kids for NJs overrated Free Agency team for the life of me!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nope. No calming down over here sir. 

We're 4-3 compared to NJ Nets 3-4. 

And we're playing a much more exciting brand of basketball because imo Irving/KD aren't a good duo together; because they both like to ballhog as big name FAs. Speaking of KD. Kevin Durant is now facing 7-day quarantine, and set to miss 4 games. Now? We'll get to watch Kyrie stink up the joint with a crappy group of role players surrounding him (one of the most overhyped basketball team ever assembled). 

Go NY go NY go!

Lol, I like how u waited until the knicks won another few games and Durant got stuck in quarantine to respond.

But I am excited, too. I would love nothing more than to make the playoffs this year. We have a shot. 

And you could definitely be right about the Nets. They don’t look good and you have to seriously wonder about the durability/health of Durant and Irving. The only thing I will say is that it can take a while to build chemistry on a basketball team - For example, the Heat started slowly back in 2010 when Lebron first got there. So we have a long way to go.

• Sympathy 1

On 12/23/2020 at 4:10 PM, peebag said:

Why, DWC, why?

Because heading into the season I knew 100% that we A.) Had the young talent who needed an A+ coach Thibs in order to tap into untapped potential. B.) 2020-2021 Knicks would become FUN to watch and C.) Playoffs squad within the makings. 

That's why Peebag, that's why. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/23/2020 at 5:05 PM, JetsFan1986 said:

I like the direction the Knicks are going in. They finally have a legit coach and have a lot of good young pieces.  They also have a ton of draft picks coming up and flexibility in the cap 

You're 100% correct man.

Our current situation is fun but our future is going to become awesome because after we make the playoffs this year?

Come FA?

Our Knicks are going to become a super attraction under Thibs and the BUZZ of the NBA too. 

I already can't wait until next draft lol because we'll have 3 first rounders. Ours. Dallas Mavs and LA Clippers + 2 2nd round picks (Detroit and Charlotte).

We're about to become absolutely fully loaded with a team built around nothing but homegrown kids I'm pumped and flexible cap space is an understatement we're going to feature #1 available salary cap space come the off-season. 

On 12/23/2020 at 5:46 PM, BROOKLYN JET said:

First Max ruins the Jets

Now DWC ruins the Kicks

Hey man if 4-3 overall as the 5th seed and 4-1 throughout our past 5 is considered as "ruining" the Knicks? 

Well then I hope I continue to ruin them all the way into the PLAYOFFS;

??‍♂️?

On 12/23/2020 at 8:50 PM, playtowinthegame said:

These youngsters are movin' an groovin'. Spinning and winning.

Dishing and swishing. 

BbP9i_tCcAAfQQ9.thumb.jpg.b5e75115ee43b622f6702ebabd0621aa.jpg

I'm 35. This man has been the voice of the Knicks since I was just a kid I believe how 28+ years... I appreciate every game he calls because he's getting much older and unfortunately I think he'll retire over the next 5 years (now 75 years of age). It'll be GREAT to win a Championship while he razzle and dazzles us Knick fans while blessings the mic ? over the next 5 years. 

I want an NYK ring for Walt Clyde Frazier just as much as I do the Jets for Joe Namath. 

On 12/23/2020 at 9:20 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Classic Knicks performance tonight. Made me believe they’d win and then absolutely sh*t the bed in the second half. Once hockey gets going I probably won’t be watching many more Knicks games, the Rangers are going to be much more exciting. 

I hope you haven't thrown in the towel, just yet. 

Because we're 4-3 overall (4-1 throughout our past 5), a current 5th seed (only 2.0 back of the 1 seed), an A+ HC in Thibs and more importantly? Super FUN to watch again. 

PS: I like the Rangers but hockey is super boring until the playoffs and before the playoffs hockey is more boring than watching paint dry ?

On 12/23/2020 at 9:17 PM, SAR I said:

Now Squiggly is hurt!  This guy Thigameaubu ruined him!  He sucks!  Fly the planes already!  Get Beningo to call in!

SAR I

Thibs will be our Knicks head coach for 10+ years. 

You and your little boyfriend Adam Gase was just FIRED!

You were such a pathetic Adam Gase troll you even tried to talk about Thibs as if he's Gase during a Knicks thread and that was both pathetic and disgusting but now? I'm laughing @ you ??

1909412410_AdamGase_FIred(1).thumb.png.bd55d6514e118ee5feaa0917d14d80c1.png

Now? Adam Gase can go fk himself (and you can go ahead and join him for all I care). 

????‍♂️?‍♂️???

On 12/30/2020 at 4:51 PM, nycdan said:

Move him for what?  We have plenty of draft picks and unless we're getting a top-3 pick, which you can't know before the lottery, I'm not sure another mid-1st pick is going to be that valuable on a team that is loaded with Tier 2 talent.  

Exactly. He's playing like a freak of nature and absolute superstar under Thibs. 

Immanuel Quickley (PG). 1st round (25th overall out of Kentucky). 

RJ Barrett (SG). 1st round (3rd overall out of Duke). 

Frank Ntilikina. 1st round (8th overall). 

Kevin Knox (SF). 1st round (9th overall out of Kentucky). 

Obi Toppin (PF). 1st round (8th overall born and raised in Brooklyn, NY). 

Mitchell Robinson. 2nd round (36th overall). 

All 6 are homegrown drafted Knicks and all 6 are 22 years of age or younger. 

Don't look now @nycdan but we'll have another 3 1st round picks (I repeat 3 1st round picks) come this upcoming draft. 

With another 3 1st round picks, A+ #1 available salary cap space + Thibs? 2021-2022 (next year) NYK becomes true title contenders for the first time dating back to the 90's.

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Lol, I like how u waited until the knicks won another few games and Durant got stuck in quarantine to respond.

But I am excited, too. I would love nothing more than to make the playoffs this year. We have a shot. 

And you could definitely be right about the Nets. They don’t look good and you have to seriously wonder about the durability/health of Durant and Irving. The only thing I will say is that it can take a while to build chemistry on a basketball team - For example, the Heat started slowly back in 2010 when Lebron first got there. So we have a long way to go.

I didn't wait. I've been talking up the Knicks since before opening night tipoff and been clowning the NJ Nets every chance I get. 

On a more serious note yes the playoffs are a real possibility this year but come next offseason? With A+ available salary cap and 3 1st round draft picks? In order to add more talent on a team already oozing younger talent? 

1990's types of playoff runs here we come (it's going to be fun). 

I can't wait until Thibs gets to evaluate this year's roster before splashing throughout both FA and the draft. 

28 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Great game by RJ 26-11-5

but yeah not worthy of even 2nd team all-rookie?

Fk the All-Rookie team; this kid out of DUKE is going to become a multiple x NBA All-Star @ SG for many of years to come;

He's a SG but he's Tracy McGrady (SF) within the makings (who his game reminds me of). 

That 26-11-6 statline hasn't been done from a 2nd year Knick since #33 Patrick Ewing. 

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yup. 

We've won 4/5 games (4-1 throughout our previous 5 games). 

It's only taken Thibs 7 games to win 4 in comparison to Gase who won 3 games throughout 16 games. 

You should watch the KNICKS ??

WOW 

They must have hired AG as HC 

He's a winner you know. :rl:

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Hey man if 4-3 overall as the 5th seed and 4-1 throughout our past 5 is considered as "ruining" the Knicks? 

Well then I hope I continue to ruin them all the way into the PLAYOFFS;

??‍♂️?

It's a good thing I called that and started this thread before your sabatoge...