7:00 - New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers Game/Season Thread (Opening Night).

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I hope you haven't thrown in the towel, just yet. 

Because we're 4-3 overall (4-1 throughout our past 5), a current 5th seed (only 2.0 back of the 1 seed), an A+ HC in Thibs and more importantly? Super FUN to watch again. 

PS: I like the Rangers but hockey is super boring until the playoffs and before the playoffs hockey is more boring than watching paint dry ?

I have been watching and you're right it has been fun, I'd love to see this team get in the playoffs. That last statement you made is incorrect haha.

• Upvote 1

If you want to dream a little bit...when you look at the roster, the only real weakness, if you could call it that is SF.

C - Robinson

PF - Randle/ Toppin

SG - Barrett

PG - Rivers / Quickley.

If you could plug a super-max type SF into that lineup, you have a contender, certainly for the Eastern conference.

So, who happens to be the biggest name coming up in FA next off-season?

Kawhi Leonard

What position does Kawhi play?  

You guessed it.

Will he spring free?  No idea.  Will he entertain coming here?  I'd have said no way last year, but now...it might be attractive enough.

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You're wrong as wrong can be. 

There are currently 21 teams with either the same 4-3 record (6 teams) or worse. 

You thought, wrong. 

23624587_images(4).jpeg.2988da069b108bb452226231ed791535.jpeg

Hello. 

I also don’t care because I’m a Blazers fan, we actually win games, have a future HOF Point Guard and we play in the big boy conference.?

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Are you born and raised in Philadelphia? 

If not, you're a bandwagon fan. 

I have family in Philly and have been a fan since the 90s. Nothing screams bandwagon like being a Jet and 76ers fan, 2 franchise with garbage ownership who have won zero titles in my lifetime! 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I also don’t care because I’m a Blazers fan, we actually win games, have a future HOF Point Guard and we play in the big boy conference.?

Congrats. Your team hasn't one a championship since the 70s (1 all time) and haven't won your big boy Conference since 1992 (I was 7 years old, now 35; 28 years ago) and your HOF PG was drafted 2012 with 0 Finals Appearances. Some future HOF legend he is. 

Never talk crap about the New York Knicks again. Thnx you. 

32 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

I have family in Philly and have been a fan since the 90s. Nothing screams bandwagon like being a Jet and 76ers fan, 2 franchise with garbage ownership who have won zero titles in my lifetime! 

Ok. Cool. So how about you get off your little basketball high horse with your sarcastic comments such as "The Knicks are a joke. Get this crap off the main board" etc because guess what?

New Yorkers couldn't give two craps about your Philadelphia love. 

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Ok. Cool. So how about you get off your little basketball high horse with your sarcastic comments such as "The Knicks are a joke. Get this crap off the main board" etc because guess what?

New Yorkers couldn't give two craps about your Philadelphia love. 

You’re not a New Yorker . You live in Florida 

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

If you want to dream a little bit...when you look at the roster, the only real weakness, if you could call it that is SF.

C - Robinson

PF - Randle/ Toppin

SG - Barrett

PG - Rivers / Quickley.

If you could plug a super-max type SF into that lineup, you have a contender, certainly for the Eastern conference.

So, who happens to be the biggest name coming up in FA next off-season?

Kawhi Leonard

What position does Kawhi play?  

You guessed it.

Will he spring free?  No idea.  Will he entertain coming here?  I'd have said no way last year, but now...it might be attractive enough.

Kevin Knox is only 21 years of age as a 9th overall pick out of Kentucky as only a 3rd year player and the sky is the limit for this kid at 6'7-6"8. 

But I do agree, landing an NBA Superstar in Leonard would make us instant title contenders and Knox coming off the bench would be ideal. 

Center: Mitchell Robinson. 

PF: Julius Randle. 

SF: Kawhi Leonard.

SG: RJ Barrett. 

PG: Immanuel Quickley. 

That's easily a top 1-3 Eastern Conference Contending starting 5. 

PF: Obi Toppin. 

SF: Kevin Knox. 

Combo Guard: Frank Ntilikina

PG: Rivers. 

That's a nice foundation coming off the bench.

and with another 3 first round draft picks; we'd easily become the #1 Eastern Conference Favorites under Thibs come next season. 

Yes. I want KL now. 

11 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

You’re not a New Yorker . You live in Florida 

I am a New Yorker born and raised. Left Florida as a Freshman @ John Adams HS. 

But yeah nonetheless none of us New Yorkers care about your Philadelphia love so shut your pie hole and let us enjoy our NYC basketball team the way we want to. 

37 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Congrats. Your team hasn't one a championship since the 70s (1 all time) and haven't won your big boy Conference since 1992 (I was 7 years old, now 35; 28 years ago) and your HOF PG was drafted 2012 with 0 Finals Appearances. Some future HOF legend he is. 

Never talk crap about the New York Knicks again. Thnx you. 

The blazers would be a top 4 seed in the east. The Knicks haven’t been relevant in decades and are painfully miserable. This isn’t the convo you want to have bucko 

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

The blazers would be a top 4 seed in the east. The Knicks haven’t been relevant in decades and are painfully miserable. This isn’t the convo you want to have bucko 

The Knicks now have Thibbs and are super fun to watch again as not only the 3rd youngest team in the league full of homegrown kids but we're also featuring 3 first round picks this up coming draft with A+ #1 available salary cap space. 

The Blazers would be a top 4 seed in the East? Cool. Because our Knicks are now a 5 seed and only 2.0 games out of the 1 seed. 

Go talk your Portland basketball with Oregon fans who actually care because New Yorkers couldn't care less about your Blazers; we're just excited to have NYC basketball returning to becoming FUN again and that's good enough for me, bucko. 

979429707_images(4).jpeg.f5ee477db9317f87bc99bd5055fa5b5a.jpeg

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Ok and this is my teams 2nd best start in 20 years and I'm having FUN watching them again. 

Precisely my point. *yawn*

23 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You have a problem with that? 

Lol what

24 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

If so, go talk Oregon basketball with fans who actually, care ??????

I do & they aren’t nearly as miserable as Knick fans. It’s pretty pleasant. You know, being relevant and all.

16 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You're 100% correct man.

Our current situation is fun but our future is going to become awesome because after we make the playoffs this year?

Come FA?

Our Knicks are going to become a super attraction under Thibs and the BUZZ of the NBA too. 

I already can't wait until next draft lol because we'll have 3 first rounders. Ours. Dallas Mavs and LA Clippers + 2 2nd round picks (Detroit and Charlotte).

We're about to become absolutely fully loaded with a team built around nothing but homegrown kids I'm pumped and flexible cap space is an understatement we're going to feature #1 available salary cap space come the off-season. 

Actually we only have 2 first rounders.  We have the option to flip our first rounder with the clippers 

33 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Are you sure?

Screenshot_20210105-191648.thumb.png.5f3217d3a9b06402aa6d612a3fcef201.png

Yup I’m sure.  The Morris trade was for their 2020 first round pick, a second round pick(via Detroit), and the right to swap first round picks in 2021.  In the NBA  You are not allowed to trade your first round pick in back to back years 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, JetsFan1986 said:

Yup I’m sure.  The Morris trade was for their 2020 first round pick, a second round pick(via Detroit), and the right to swap first round picks in 2021.  In the NBA  You are not allowed to trade your first round pick in back to back years 

Damn. Thnx for the update. 

I was set on 3 1st round picks. 

Do we still have our three 2nd round picks? 

If so I'd imagine we'd find a way to trade back into the 1st round in order to actually have, 3 first round picks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

If so I'd imagine we'd find a way to trade back into the 1st round in order to actually have, 3 first round picks. 

Yeah in the NBA You can’t trade first round picks in back to back years.  That’s why the Porzingis trade We got their 2021 and 2023 picks.  Either way the Knicks have a lot of assets.  Let’s go Knicks 

• Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

We currently have 2 firsts and 2 seconds for 2021.  In 2023 we have 2 firsts and 3 seconds.  However the good news this year is that we have Detroit’s second and Charlottes second.  Right now Detroit is last so that second round picks should be between 31-35 when all set and done.  The Hornets Pick probably will be in the late 30’s early 40’s is my guess.  Keep in mind this upcoming draft class is a deep one 

• Sympathy 1

18 point come from behind victory? Against the 4-2 (now 4-3) Western Conference Playoffs Jazz squad? Remarkable. 

Now 5-3 overall (5-1 throughout previous 6) and as the 3rd youngest team in the league Thibs has our kids playing like absolute rabid DOGS!

So many players stepped up tonight throughout this magical comeback.

Julius Randle with 30 points/16 rebounds/7 assists. 

Bullock with 12 points/7 rebounds off 5/8 shooting (2/3 from 3). 

Mitchell Robinson with 9 points and 13 big time rebounds. 

RJ Barrett had an off night shooting but played his ass off on Defense (averaging most minutes per game within the entire league). 

Elfrid Payton is my personal MVP with 22 points off 10/15 from the field and 8 assists. 

• And omg Austin Rivers who I absolutely loved signing as a FA is finally free from the pressure of playing under his dad and is now becoming an absolute baller and was Reggie freaking Miller during the 4th Q tonight 23 points tonight off 9/14 shooting and I believe either 14-16 4th Q points. That. Was so much fun to watch. 

Kevin Knox only had 7 points but he was 3-3 and gave us nothing but energy for his 16 minutes I'm beginning to love this kid he's absolutely selfless. 

That was our 7 man rotation tonight (Quickley barely played only 6 minutes) and Tom Thibs had these 7 kids playing like game 7 of a playoff series; no quit and all out fight; loved it!

More importantly? We held Utah to only 100 points and held a Western Conference All-Star in D. Mitchell to an awful game only going 8/23 from the field. 

Still the 5 seed and still 2.0 games out of the 1 seed but this win is going to give our young NY kids so much confidence moving forward tonight was one of my favorite wins over the previous 20 years it was A+ awesomeness. 

We're going to destroy OKC come Friday and 6-3 (6-1 previous 7) here we come!

On 1/5/2021 at 9:34 AM, Patriot Killa said:

and we play in the big boy conference.?

A big boy Conference your Oregon team hasn't won since dating back to 1992. 

Some big boy Conference you talk about. Our 1st game against a Western Conference team this year? The (previously) 4-2 Utah Jazz. They had the 4th best WC record last year (your Oregon team had the 8th seed) and Utah  just blew an 18 point lead to our Knicks and ended up losing by 12 (30 point turnaround). 

We're 5-1 throughout our previous 6 games and all 5 wins have came against current above .500 winning teams ala Milwaukee, Utah, Indiana, Hawks and Cleveland. 

Your Orgegon team is 3-4 overall and just lost to the Eastern Conference CHICAGO BULLS your last game ???

18 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

False, I don’t watch TV. I just know rooting for my team is easier than rooting for your team.

Not anymore. 

We're the 3rd youngest team in the league full of homegrown 1st round kids and under Thibs now an awesome 26 yo Julius Randle and we're SUPER FUN to watch under a die-hard childhood Knicks fan in Tom Thibs. 

You guys have Lillard but NY fans have a much funner team to enjoy moving forward. These kids play like rabbid DOGS. 

Can't imagine us next year after A+ available salary cap space and 2 first round picks. 

Your team is in salary cap hell and can't and WON'T improve ?

17 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I enjoy this. trolling Knicks fans is fun. This is my new hobby on the sub-forums.

Nope. Try again. 

You can't troll an NY fan base that's absolutely on FIRE right now. 

Just go to RealGm Knicks forum. 10x more traffic than JN I don't post there but I read from time to time and those guys are on FIRE right now. 

You ain't @SAR I bruh. You SUCK as a troll. 

You should take your ass to an Oregon message board because us NY fans could give two pig flying fks about your Oregon team ???

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nope. Try again. 

You can't troll an NY fan base that's absolutely on FIRE right now. 

Just go to RealGm Knicks forum. 10x more traffic than JN I don't post there but I read from time to time and those guys are on FIRE right now. 

You ain't @SAR I bruh. You SUCK as a troll. 

You should take your ass to an Oregon message board because us NY fans could give two pig flying fks about your Oregon team ???

Good to know.... I love basking in Met, Jet Knicks and Rangers over-the -top gloating. We get so little of it these past several years. Might as well ride a lightning bolt from time to time to give me a boner! :smilies2_3some:

• Sympathy 1