7:00 - New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers Game/Season Thread (Opening Night).

9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nope. Try again. 

You can't troll an NY fan base that's absolutely on FIRE right now. 

Just go to RealGm Knicks forum. 10x more traffic than JN I don't post there but I read from time to time and those guys are on FIRE right now. 

You ain't @SAR I bruh. You SUCK as a troll. 

You should take your ass to an Oregon message board because us NY fans could give two pig flying fks about your Oregon team ???

Say it again but this time without crying 

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Thibs! Why wasnt this guy hired years ago?

How's Porzingis doing this year?

Was he even trying to get hired by anyone last year?  Sometimes these coaches just want time off

Porzinigis is done.  The only problem with trading him was Phil didn’t get to accept the offer of Jaylon Brown and picks because Dolan vetoed it

Taj Gibson a Knick!

He was with us last year but A.) We didn't have coach Thibs and B.) No one knows how to use Taj Gibson off the bench, better than coach Thibs. 

x034_16ca_9.jpg.385db223ddec88b13f680540cbb617ac.jpg

He's the perfect 35 year old veteran role playing big man now coming off the bench in order for Thibs to utilize while spelling either of Robinson/Randle. 

A+ move under Thibs. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Gilgeous-Alexander killed it(& us) 2night   along with Horford playing Randle tight (33% shooting). RJ off as well

Yeah man I was super excited up 10 I guess because being an NYJ/NYK fan we crave above .500 records lol but in all reality just a young team who shot bad tonight. The effort was there. The fight was there. The shots just didn't drop. 

9 games in and 5-4? Could be 6-4 @ .600% after our first 10 gms under Thibs? Sign me up every time. 

Monday vs 3-5 Nuggets @ home in MSG. Jamal Murray and Jokic is going to be a tough duo I'm excited to see how coach Thibs defends these guys. 

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yeah man I was super excited up 10 I guess because being an NYJ/NYK fan we crave above .500 records lol but in all reality just a young team who shot bad tonight. The effort was there. The fight was there. The shots just didn't drop. 

9 games in and 5-4? Could be 6-4 @ .600% after our first 10 gms under Thibs? Sign me up every time. 

Monday vs 3-5 Nuggets @ home in MSG. Jamal Murray and Jokic is going to be a tough duo I'm excited to see how coach Thibs defends these guys. 

This is why older Knick fans don’t get too high after a few wins. Like I said before... it’s a long season with peaks and valleys. Hoping as Thibs teaches the young guys on the night after night dedication on both ends (contesting every shot, setting good picks and making the extra pass) that mid-season everything gels and we make a playoff run. 

On 1/9/2021 at 4:30 AM, 32EBoozer said:

This is why older Knick fans don’t get too high after a few wins. Like I said before... it’s a long season with peaks and valleys. Hoping as Thibs teaches the young guys on the night after night dedication on both ends (contesting every shot, setting good picks and making the extra pass) that mid-season everything gels and we make a playoff run. 

I’m hoping for a .500 record and a playoff seed in the 8-10 range

I’d be thrilled with that

• Sympathy 1

On 1/9/2021 at 3:46 AM, 32EBoozer said:

Gilgeous-Alexander killed it(& us) 2night   along with Horford playing Randle tight (33% shooting). RJ off as well

It was a little bit of a trap game after beating some really good teams and looking ahead to Nuggets and Nets

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I liked the old school uniforms with the met logo on the shorts

You like how short they are don’t you hehe. That looks a lot like the Yankees logo in Mets colors — how did the Knicks ever get away with that??

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2021 at 4:30 PM, Philc1 said:

Excellent Win Tonight Boys

Yes it was. Locked down Boston with A+ defense. 

And today was the first Knicks game I've missed all season was working and didn't realize it was an early MLK day game looked @ the box scores and noticed both Barrett and Randle balled out. 

5-3 never felt so good but falling to 5-8 with 5 loses in a row had me losing hope. These last two back to back wins over Boston/Orlando has me excited again. 

If we can just get back to .500 and then get to 10 games over .500 I'll be celebrating lol

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes it was. Locked down Boston with A+ defense. 

And today was the first Knicks game I've missed all season was working and didn't realize it was an early MLK day game looked @ the box scores and noticed both Barrett and Randle balled out. 

5-3 never felt so good but falling to 5-8 with 5 loses in a row had me losing hope. These last two back to back wins over Boston/Orlando has me excited again. 

If we can just get back to .500 and then get to 10 games over .500 I'll be celebrating lol

Knicks have beaten the top 2 teams in the East Milwaukee and Boston

Mitch played 31 minutes the previous game so I think this tweet is about his role on offense which in that case I actually don’t disagree with what he is saying 

F87030E7-86A4-43FC-9364-458231ACC70D.jpeg

Mitch is getting a lot of wide open looks from the perimeter with the ball in his hands.  Why not let him shoot once in a while?  Even Oak developed an outside shot late in his career

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Not only are our Knicks 1 game above .500 @ the All-Star break; but we're also featuring an animal of an All-Star in Julius Randle. 

Julius_Randle-681x383.jpg.531d13e48c14d414f1cf36be35dd0cb0.jpg

It's an awesome feeling watching the 3 point shootout contest right now and really pumped up to watch our rookie Obi Toppin @ halftime during the dunk contest. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/13/2021 at 4:30 PM, EM31 said:

I missed the OKC game and will catch it on reply.  Was it as good as the score difference indicates?

What I liked about the game is that they started out playing rather ragged, but they didn't roll over and play dead as in past years: they hung with it, regrouped, Thibs found the players who were playing well in this game, and they just never let up. OKC just could not mentally match them for consistent intensity. They would have let this game get away from them in previous seasons. The coaching staff is doing a great job of keeping them focused no matter how they are physically executing - the effort keeps coming.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bungaman said:

What I liked about the game is that they started out playing rather ragged, but they didn't roll over and play dead as in past years: they hung with it, regrouped, Thibs found the players who were playing well in this game, and they just never let up. OKC just could not mentally match them for consistent intensity. They would have let this game get away from them in previous seasons. The coaching staff is doing a great job of keeping them focused no matter how they are physically executing - the effort keeps coming.

Time to take that momentum against the nets tonight 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Time to take that momentum against the nets tonight 

The New Jersey dream team.  A win against those guys would be tasty given how each of these teams has been assembled and where each is in their growth cycle.  Who am I kidding?  Any win against the Nets would be just fine.  And if we can't win then let's bang them around a little and let them know they have been in a game at least.

21 hours ago, EM31 said:

The New Jersey dream team.  A win against those guys would be tasty given how each of these teams has been assembled and where each is in their growth cycle.  Who am I kidding?  Any win against the Nets would be just fine.  And if we can't win then let's bang them around a little and let them know they have been in a game at least.

Nets are simply a better team.  At least the game was competitive