Jump to content

7:00 - New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers Game/Season Thread (Opening Night).


Recommended Posts

Question for Phil and the others who post in this thread.

Is this Knicks team simply waiting for the in-house talent to mature or are they still missing major pieces in order to truly compete at the top level?

Personally it looks like a bit of both to me but others probably have a better take on things.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody gives a flying f**k about the Knicks or the NBA.

Most of us grew up as diehard New York Knicks fans throughout the entire 90's where Madison Square Garden once rocked (Spike Lee) alongside the likes of Mark Jackson (on and off) John Starks, Anthony

If only Jetnation had an "Other Sports" section to place these types of stories.

Posted Images

Just now, EM31 said:

Question for Phil and the others who post in this thread.

Is this Knicks team simply waiting for the in-house talent to mature and/or be fully healthy at the same time or are they still missing major pieces in order to truly compete at the top level?

Personally it looks like a bit of both to me but others probably have a better take on things.  If the latter then which pieces still need to be added?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, EM31 said:

Question for Phil and the others who post in this thread.

Is this Knicks team simply waiting for the in-house talent to mature or are they still missing major pieces in order to truly compete at the top level?

Personally it looks like a bit of both to me but others probably have a better take on things.

They are building the right way in house with the draft.  RJ, IQ, Mitch, Obi are all very young and developing 

 

At some point they will go all in on a superstar.  Devin Booker’s name has come up but I doubt anything like that happens anytime soon

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

They are building the right way in house with the draft.  RJ, IQ, Mitch, Obi are all very young and developing 

 

At some point they will go all in on a superstar.  Devin Booker’s name has come up but I doubt anything like that happens anytime soon

That is what I was sort of thinking as well and i know that this next thought applies to several of our younger players but I am not sure how good Robinson can be if he can stay healthy.

I am still hopeful about Ntilikina but I fear he may not end up as minimally effective as we need on the offensive end no matter how much defense he brings to the table.

  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2021 at 4:36 PM, EM31 said:

That is what I was sort of thinking as well and i know that this next thought applies to several of our younger players but I am not sure how good Robinson can be if he can stay healthy.

I am still hopeful about Ntilikina but I fear he may not end up as minimally effective as we need on the offensive end no matter how much defense he brings to the table.

  

Evan Fournier is a guy I think the Knicks target next summer

 

Nice last second D by Reggie 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Evan Fournier is a guy I think the Knicks target next summer

 

Nice last second D by Reggie 

I assume we resign Randle to whatever deal he is entitled to.

We were definitely not point guard heavy last night.  Ugly win but just as with the Rangers nine-zip win the night before, all wins are counted the same.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2021 at 7:16 PM, EM31 said:

I assume we resign Randle to whatever deal he is entitled to.

We were definitely not point guard heavy last night.  Ugly win but just as with the Rangers nine-zip win the night before, all wins are counted the same.

I thought Frank played well.  What he does will never appear in a box score but he was effective on defense.  IQ is probably our pg of the future

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sixers are a good enough team already.  no need for the refs to put their feet on the scale as well.

Tough loss last night.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Nice comeback win

First time I had a hard time watching.  It was just painful at times.  Great win though, and puts them back in a nice spot.  I'd love to see them finally crack the 2-over-.500 mark.

One thing for sure...RJ Barrett is proving the doubters wrong.  He may not be a superstar quite yet, but he's damned good and has proven worth the #3 pick in that draft.  

Toppin on the other hand.  Ugh.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, nycdan said:

First time I had a hard time watching.  It was just painful at times.  Great win though, and puts them back in a nice spot.  I'd love to see them finally crack the 2-over-.500 mark.

One thing for sure...RJ Barrett is proving the doubters wrong.  He may not be a superstar quite yet, but he's damned good and has proven worth the #3 pick in that draft.  

Toppin on the other hand.  Ugh.

And I don't think he has yet reached his full man size.  If he is a physical intimidator now then that is only going to get better for a while yet.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, nycdan said:

First time I had a hard time watching.  It was just painful at times.  Great win though, and puts them back in a nice spot.  I'd love to see them finally crack the 2-over-.500 mark.

One thing for sure...RJ Barrett is proving the doubters wrong.  He may not be a superstar quite yet, but he's damned good and has proven worth the #3 pick in that draft.  

Toppin on the other hand.  Ugh.

RJ was nothing short of excellent last night 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Robinson hopping around on a broken foot contesting a 3-pointer is one of the dopest things I have seen a Knick do in a really long time. Absolutely sucks to lose him again but holy sh*t what a savage. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Randle and RJ hitting the wall thanks to overuse by Thibs.  I’m also getting really sick of watching Derrick Rose and Elf platoon at PG.  neither can shoot or play D

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2021 at 8:02 AM, EM31 said:

Just can't seem to get across the finish line against that team

Thibs stubbornly playing Payton/Rose for 48 minutes per night is going to wreck this season.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Thibs stubbornly playing Payton/Rose for 48 minutes per night is going to wreck this season.  

I get what you are saying but this season was always going to be a coming of age season anyway.  Hopefully we finish well enough to earn a winnable playoff series.  That and Robinson  making it back into the lineup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, EM31 said:

I get what you are saying but this season was always going to be a coming of age season anyway.  Hopefully we finish well enough to earn a winnable playoff series.  That and Robinson  making it back into the lineup.

I really need a playoff appearance.  I don’t care if it’s the 10th seed and they get swept.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I really need a playoff appearance.  I don’t care if it’s the 10th seed and they get swept.  

Last night was definitely a winnable game and an important one in terms of what may be down the road.

This team needs to get better at winning the ones it *should* win.  I know that is new territory for this group but all good teams need to learn how to win on nights where the dealer isn't giving them a royal flush.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, EM31 said:

Last night was definitely a winnable game and an important one in terms of what may be down the road.

This team needs to get better at winning the ones it *should* win.  I know that is new territory for this group but all good teams need to learn how to win on nights where the dealer isn't giving them a royal flush.

I’m gonna be a broken record but Elfrid Payton is absolutely brutal.  Watching Thibs throw away the season playing this guy 35 minutes a night is nauseating

Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally feel like he's validated the pick at #3.  Morant is really good, and last year it felt like there was Zion, Morant, and everyone else, but now it feels like Barrett has entered the same conversation.  He's only 20.   Really exciting to see his game develop.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

That is 100% the type of game the Knicks always blow. And ******* Barrett yet again coming through. Kid's got alligator blood. Huge pair of wins the last two games.

Knicks should extend Noel and Burks in the offseason. Crazy how useful those two have become in this system.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

That is 100% the type of game the Knicks always blow. And ******* Barrett yet again coming through. Kid's got alligator blood. Huge pair of wins the last two games.

Knicks should extend Noel and Burks in the offseason. Crazy how useful those two have become in this system.

Agree 100% about Burks.  Extending Noel is tricky considering they also need to lock up Mitch long term.  Maybe they trade Mitch and lock up Noel 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Agree 100% about Burks.  Extending Noel is tricky considering they also need to lock up Mitch long term.  Maybe they trade Mitch and lock up Noel 

They can afford both and Ball and Randle. Their payroll for next year is like 1/3 the luxury tax and it's literally zero dollars after that. For the first time in history they aren't ****ed for the next 5 years money-wise.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

They can afford both and Ball and Randle. Their payroll for next year is like 1/3 the luxury tax and it's literally zero dollars after that. For the first time in history they aren't ****ed for the next 5 years money-wise.

I think we actually have a shot at Lonzo. Why? His dad is so desperate for attention he will jump at the chance to have one of his sons play in NY

Link to post
Share on other sites

Peyton and Randle taking it to a depleted LA team, but a win is a win! Playoffs looking like a strong possibility.

Quickley has run into the rookie wall. Getting nothing from him

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...