7:00 - New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers Game/Season Thread (Opening Night).

The Knicks must be a giant pain in the ass to play against right now.  No matter who you are you are not going to enjoy playing against this Knicks team.  It isn't exactly Xavier McDaniel, Charles Oakley, Anthony Mason and Patrick Ewing but it is close enough to where I am getting flashbacks.

This is such a breath of fresh air after years and years of being the laughing stock of the NBA.

Fun times.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, EM31 said:

The Knicks must be a giant pain in the ass to play against right now.  No matter who you are you are not going to enjoy playing against this Knicks team.  It isn't exactly Xavier McDaniel, Charles Oakley, Anthony Mason and Patrick Ewing but it is close enough to where I am getting flashbacks.

This is such a breath of fresh air after years and years of being the laughing stock of the NBA.

Fun times.

A scrappy defensive team with good bigs, ragtag scorers on the bench, a few just good enough and just naive enough youngin’s, a fiery veteran coach, and absolutely nothing to lose. No idea where any of this is going but the Knicks are the last team that any of the top seeds in the East want to see in the playoffs. The Knicks are certainly not a championship team but they are definitely capable of going balls out for a series and upsetting someone. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Actually a pretty huge game tonight. Mavs are fighting for their playoff lives and the Knicks have their draft pick this year. Would be pretty dope to make that a lottery pick. 

KP sucks but don’t take my word for it

729D942C-C3E7-4723-8F19-D38B53A6DC4E.jpeg

• Upvote 1

A diehard NYK fan as head coach in Tom Thibs? Check

The NBA's #1 Defense? Check

An NBA All-Star in Julius Randle? Check

An up and coming NBA All-Star in R.J Barrett? Check

A rookie kid who reminds me of a Steph Curry type of talent in Immanuel Quickley? Check

A rookie PF in Obi Toppin who's getting to learn under and develop behind big men that's ready to go to war down low in Mitch Robinson (get back for the playoffs), Julius Randle, Nerlens Noel and veteran Taj Gibson? Check

Veteran Guard play in Derrick Rose, Alec Burks, Reggie Bullock and Elfrid Payton? Check

33-27 @ 6 games above .500? Check

Current Eastern Conference 4th seed and only 3.5 games back of Milwaukee for the #3 seed? Check

The NBA's longest winning streak @ 8 consecutive wins in a row? Check

A super fun and electric trio of Quickley, RJ and Randle? Check

Crazy amount of draft picks over the next two drafts? Check

An insane of amount of salary cap space galore? Check

Etc. Etc. 

Melo's years were pretty fun especially 2012-2013 season but this KNICKS team is 10x more fun to watch play ball and come playoff time; 2021's version under Tom would absolutely destroy 2012's team under Woodson. 

I knew we had a playoff team heading into 2021 but I couldn't have ever imagined we'd become this good, this fast. 

If we're 100% healthy for the playoffs? With this #1 Defende? We can make it out of the East and into the Finals and upset everyone. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

14 hours ago, EM31 said:

Normally I think he is an insufferable ass but just for once Stephen A.  you da man!!!

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=31310390

I don’t know if ESPN has gone completely into the toilet or what but it’s starting to feel strange that Stephen A Smith is sounding like one of the more level headed people on that network 

• Haha 2

9 game winning streak. 

Haven't been this excited for NY Basketball since the early 90s with Harper/Jackson, Ewing, Starks, Mason and Oakley and then late 90s with H2O, Spree, LJ, Camby an older #33 and Childs/Ward etc.

However the likes of rookie Quickley @ PG, RJ on the wing, Randle dominating like Ewing down low (2021's real MVP), Mitchell Robinson and Noel being our Oakley/Mason, Derrick Rose being our veteran Mark Jackson, Tom Thibs being our Riley/JVG #1 Defense etc those two Obi 3's made me run around my living room going nuts.

NYC basketball is back. And it's funner than ever guys I'm 35 and I feel like 13 watching these kids again.

• Upvote 1

This is not a team built for a deep playoff run but it is a team that I expect is going to be deeply unpleasant for our opponents to play against.  As fans we get to enjoy that part of it as we are enjoying this spectacular/unexpected run that we have been on this year.

Speaking for myself I have only been a casual fan in recent years as the product being put onto the floor each night has been an embarrassment.  Props to fans like @Philc1 who have clearly remained fully invested throughout the lean years.  Again speaking for myself this upcoming offseason I will be paying closer attention than I have in years because the new table stakes for this game will be how to we transform the team into a legitimate contender and not just a solid playoff team?

The Nets better get their rings now because we will be running them off the floor in future years.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 4:02 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Most of us grew up as diehard New York Knicks fans throughout the entire 90's where Madison Square Garden once rocked (Spike Lee) alongside the likes of Mark Jackson (on and off) John Starks, Anthony Mason, Charles Oakley, #33 Patrick Ewing and Pat Riley (I deeply miss those days of my childhood) followed by Charlie Ward/Chris Childs, H20 Allan Houston, Latrell Sprewell, LJ (4 pt. play), Marcus Camby, an older Ewing and JVG (I deeply miss those days of my middle school/high school years as well). And the rivalries of Chicago, Indiana and Miami were to live for back then too. 

I'm actually super pumped up and excited about this 2020 New York Knicks team coming off of a 3-1 preseason and featuring nothing but young homegrown talent with a real Defensive minded head coach in Tom Thibodeau (who will turn us into perennial winners). 

This may not be our current starting 5 as of right now but by seasons end I'm hopeful to see...

C.) Mitchell Robinson (3rd year player straight out of H.S, 7'0/240 lbs). 36th overall draft pick (2nd rounder). 

PF: Obi Toppin (Rookie out of Dayton). 8th overall draft pick. 1st round. 

SF: Kevin Knox (3rd year player out of Kentucky). 9th overall draft pick. 1st round. 

SG: RJ Barrett (2nd year player out of Duke). 3rd overall draft pick. 1st round. 

PG: Immanuel Quickley (Rookie out of Kentucky). 25th overall draft pick. 1st round.

Also Guard Frank Ntilikina (4th year player out of France). 8th overall draft pick. 1st round. 

I can't remember the last time I was looking forward to so many homegrown Knicks youth and these kids are going to change the culture of our New York Knicks basketball; especially Obi Toppin who's a homegrown kid from Brooklyn who's so happy to be a Knick. 

We're making the playoffs here in 2020-2021 for the first time dating back to our 2012-2013 season (54-28). 

Tonight is the beginning of an exciting playoff run for us longtime suffering Knicks/Jets fans. 

Quoted for truth. 

Fk every single one of you ?'s who questioned my basketball knowledge and mocked me for my vision. 

On 12/23/2020 at 5:19 PM, Icer said:

Going from the Jets to the Knicks season is like getting punched in the balls repeatedly

Well then I hope going from the Knicks to the Jets season is (also) like getting punched in the balls. 

Because that means...

The NY Jets will (also) be in the playoffs, too. 

(PS: This doesn't feel like getting punched in the balls, this feels like blue balls; because it's been a long time since I've gotten a PLAYOFF nut off on my Knicks). 

I'm sorry? What were you saying? Your post was ? shoes. 

5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Well then I hope going from the Knicks to the Jets season is (also) like getting punched in the balls. 

Because that means...

The NY Jets will (also) be in the playoffs, too. 

(PS: This doesn't feel like getting punched in the balls, this feels like blue balls; because it's been a long time since I've gotten a PLAYOFF nut off on my Knicks). 

I'm sorry? What were you saying? Your post was ? shoes. 

Glad to see it, hopefully the Jets keep it going

Walter White I Give Up GIF by Breaking Bad

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 4:13 PM, BroadwayJoe12 said:

I’m not sure I understand the message you are trying to convey. Have you considered using more pictures, gifs and / or videos to supplement your point? 

image.thumb.png.24b28ce7070be86b76f1eccad88801ba.png

image.thumb.png.ce1c33e513ecf19ebce5b9b7014b1942.png

image.png.d20e24e8daaad5bc43954510c09d5038.pngimage.png.d20e24e8daaad5bc43954510c09d5038.png

image.png.1fb819794854ba0a474b4f72789e950e.png

Is that better? 

Do you get the point? 

Or are you illiterate and can't read between the lines? Do you need me to spell it out for you, everytime? 

On 12/23/2020 at 5:23 PM, Barkus said:

I stopped the watching the Knicks after they traded porzingis, I will try to watch some of the game tonight. Quickley has impressed, interested in watching him. Hopefully Knox can get going and Barrett can be a more consistent shooter. 

Porzingis, who? 

Julius Randle is 2x the player and 10x the leader. 

Fk that RAPIST Porzingis! 

On 12/23/2020 at 8:25 PM, Ruby2 said:

Its a 18K venue on a 10 sq mile island inhabited by 2 million people. WHOA

And at least half on any given night couldnt name three knicks on the floor at any given time.

Wtf were you talking about?

Immanuel Quickly, RJ Barrett and Julius Randle are already 3 household names that every NYK fan loves. 

Don't forget Rose, Burks, Bullock, Noel, Taj, Obi and soon to be Mitchell Robinson. 

so many ? posts throughout this thread; it's entertainment for me on my day off today ??