Some news...for those who are interested...

Mogglez

9 hours ago, Larz said:

I’m supposed to believe the jets are discussing draft strategy and giving the ok for it to be discussed on a huge forum?

ok

17E4F2B4-3061-4396-8EC4-CFD32896943C.thumb.jpeg.7968e1622052b87285ec1970d2468ded.jpeg

52C6FD9B-E1B0-4549-AA15-D80A87BFF868.thumb.jpeg.8626a7e5bd6b1ad56a3e3878f49b44ef.jpeg

I could keep going.  I don’t do this for any reason other than I want provide information for you guys.  As I’ve said, others can vouch for me and my source.  Considering that we only got our first win last week, it shouldn’t be to hard to fathom that there were contingency plans in place for a while now.  Draft work does not happen after the season.  Work started a while back.  A source can pass information to anyone.  Mine trusts me and has for a long time.  Nothing I have said or revealed is going to give them away so there is no fear in them when they tell me I can share it here.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Larz said:

I’m supposed to believe the jets are discussing draft strategy and giving the ok for it to be discussed on a huge forum?

ok

I think the Jets are pushing out info as a sales pitch. Seems to be working. Darnold and Douglas have the same agent. We already know Darnold stinks. You can change that narrative with a pitch the fans are willing to eat up.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Mogglez said:

To avoid making a long post even longer and making a longer introduction, many of you know that I have a source within the organization.  Many here can confirm this.  My source and I have been discussing the Jets since Sunday and where they go from here and he dropped some tidbits on me that I’ve had confirmed to me by a second, more prominent, source and am now ready to share with all of you as I’ve been given the “ok”...so here we go:

My guy is pretty certain that if the Jets don’t go QB, that they will either go Sewell and build around Sam for one more “do or die” season, or they will look to trade down.  However, JD really loves Sewell and a trade may be hard to pull off (although this was all discussed before Cincinnati won and dropped themselves in the draft, so that could change given how much the Bengals want and, quite frankly, need him).  I was also told that Zach Wilson is likely a long shot to be the selection and Douglas, if he goes QB, is more likely to go Fields.  The team is high on Justin.  There is, obviously, still a ton of work to be done however.

The most disheartening news that he spilled though is yes, for those who have been keeping tabs on what I said in another thread earlier, there are legitimate rumblings that Marvin Lewis might get a serious look at Head Coach.  I just got finished up with the more prominent source who is very connected to the league in order to kinda get a second word on this and can now confirm it.  From what I was told, they’re still going to swing for the fences with Matt Campbell and Pat Fitzgerald, but are not sure if they will leave the college ranks, especially without Lawrence.  Other names who we’ve talked, and I have mentioned before, are Greg Roman, Brian Daboll, and Joe Brady (least likely as of today).  Personally, I’d like to see Arthur Smith thrown in there too.  I believe he will be.  A dark horse discussed was Jim Harbaugh, who Woody loves, and has loved for a long time.  However, I don’t believe he leaves Michigan (yes @Defense Wins Championships, as much as I don’t love the idea, there is a chance).

The more prominent guy basically parroted what I’ve been hearing since last year and throughout this season.  The league is MUCH, and I can’t stress that enough, higher on Sam than the fans and such are, which is a big driving force behind the “give Sam one last ride” idea.  While it’s obviously very early and almost everything I’m saying right now as of today can change, the league view on every guy not named Trevor is not favorable.  Fields is most people’s number 2, with Wilson rising, but that is more of an indictment on what Fields has put on tape this season.  The consensus among the league is that Sam can absolutely be salvaged with the right talent + coaching, and that they actually view that as the scenario that would yield more rewards than drafting Fields, Lance, Wilson, etc.  Personally, I don’t know how I feel about that, but I’m not the one who is making that decision so I try and remove myself from that headspace.  Ideally, JD, as much as he loves Sewell, wants other players at premium positions to blow up from now until draft day, trade down, and get as much high end talent as possible to build a complete team.  The thinking is if Sam can’t do it after that, you can still look for a QB next year in a class that, as of now, looks more “whole” than this years class.  Both guys also said to me that the league feeling is that, our boy, Maccagnan was a disaster of unparalleled proportions and Sam is far from “broken beyond repair”.  They went as far as to say that they believe he is more fixable and moldable than Tannehill was coming out of Miami.  Obviously Gase was discussed and they could not stress enough how awful he is scheme-wise.  What he does is not “QB friendly” by any stretch of the imagination.  From the limitations on audibles (QB sneak-gate was a big example of this) all the way to route combinations.  The guy just doesn’t understand how to help his players, particularly his signal caller.  

Getting back to the draft, as of today (and of course this can change with big performances from a QB like Fields in the playoffs, more extensive film study, and whiteboard work at the combine, etc.) the thinking, not just with us, is that the QBs in this class not named Lawrence are not worth getting fired over.  There is less risk with giving Sam one last ride than associating yourself with, say, Zach Wilson, a BYU QB who lights up UCF and teams of that ilk, for the foreseeable future.  Especially if you think Sam can still reach his full potential, which was thought to be very high.  Of course we discussed the chance that a team like Denver, Chicago, Pitt, etc. blows JD away with a trade for Sam as well.  It’s unlikely, but will be something to monitor. 

While this news may not thrill many of you, both my source and the prominent person I spoke to in order to further confirm this, have done everything to back me off the “I can’t believe Douglas would do this, what a nightmare” ledge.  They stressed that he will get this team on the right track, one way or another, and that he is the real deal.  I was nervous to post this because the whole process is early, fluid, and I have no idea what type of information I will get as things change, but I always told you guys that I would be upfront with the information I could share and I will stick to that.  

So, you are saying Gase will be replaced after the conclusion of the season?

12 moments when Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure was ...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I think the Jets are pushing out info as a sales pitch. Seems to be working. Darnold and Douglas have the same agent. We already know Darnold stinks. You can change that narrative with a pitch the fans are willing to eat up.

I think douglas will play it both ways, try to get as much for Sam as he can while scouting the qbs and deciding if one is worth it at 2. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Larz said:

ok

I remember having similar thoughts about the film industry before I got a optioned and had an agent in LA. We have a grossly dramatic view of  certain things in life. 

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Gonna scour this thread and try and answer some questions.  Appreciate all the support from everyone here!

Were they upset that they won the game?

Is there any loyalty to Gase due to him potentially being partly responsible for JD getting the job in the first place?

Is JD making the real decisions in the HC hire or is CJ meddling?

Regarding the Raider loss, any discussion about intentionally making a bad defensive call to give the Raiders a "puncher's chance"?

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I remember having similar thoughts about the film industry before I got a optioned and had an agent in LA. We have a grossly dramatic view of  certain things in life. 

What were your thoughts on the film industry before you got an agent?

Are you an actor btw?  Or maybe a director?  If the latter, @Gastineau Lives needs a role in the next big mobster movie.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Why are the Jets considering Marvin Lewis?

-Cheap

-Willing to take orders/company man

Why are Jets fans endorsing this? We got some compromised people in this piece it seems.

Actually I believe the reason for both Lewis and Caldwell is the Ozzie Newsome connection shared with JD. All 3 may have a shared philosophy on the structure of a team. Also both Dalton and Stafford had some successful and productive seasons with the offensive systems utilized bye the offensive staffs they employed.

1 minute ago, Bocajetfan said:

Actually I believe the reason for both Lewis and Caldwell is the Ozzie Newsome connection shared with JD. All 3 may have a shared philosophy on the structure of a team. Also both Dalton and Stafford had some successful and productive seasons with the offensive systems utilized bye the offensive staffs they employed.

Explain that philosophy 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Were they upset that they won the game?

Very conflicted feelings.  Overall sentiment was they were happy for the players...but absolutely knew what they might have just lost out on.

Is there any loyalty to Gase due to him potentially being partly responsible for JD getting the job in the first place?

Big nope on that.  Not being fired mid-season was more than enough to “return the favor”.  Douglas was always getting the job if he wanted it, regardless of the coach.

Is JD making the real decisions in the HC hire or is CJ meddling?

JD all the way.  Ownership will sit in (this is not uncommon before others jump down my throat.  Ownership almost always sits in, regardless of team), but the call is Douglas’s.  

Regarding the Raider loss, any discussion about intentionally making a bad defensive call to give the Raiders a "puncher's chance"?

No, not at all.  Gregg Williams is Gregg Williams and that’s what you signed up for. The players were unbelievably angry at GW for that call, as was every other coach on that staff. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What were your thoughts on the film industry before you got an agent?

Are you an actor btw?  Or maybe a director?  If the latter, @Gastineau Lives needs a role in the next big mobster movie.

lol, no I used to be a screenwriter. I used to think getting inside info was for the privileged only

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Mogglez said:

To avoid making a long post even longer and making a longer introduction, many of you know that I have a source within the organization.  Many here can confirm this.  My source and I have been discussing the Jets since Sunday and where they go from here and he dropped some tidbits on me that I’ve had confirmed to me by a second, more prominent, source and am now ready to share with all of you as I’ve been given the “ok”...so here we go:

My guy is pretty certain that if the Jets don’t go QB, that they will either go Sewell and build around Sam for one more “do or die” season, or they will look to trade down.  However, JD really loves Sewell and a trade may be hard to pull off (although this was all discussed before Cincinnati won and dropped themselves in the draft, so that could change given how much the Bengals want and, quite frankly, need him).  I was also told that Zach Wilson is likely a long shot to be the selection and Douglas, if he goes QB, is more likely to go Fields.  The team is high on Justin.  There is, obviously, still a ton of work to be done however.

The most disheartening news that he spilled though is yes, for those who have been keeping tabs on what I said in another thread earlier, there are legitimate rumblings that Marvin Lewis might get a serious look at Head Coach.  I just got finished up with the more prominent source who is very connected to the league in order to kinda get a second word on this and can now confirm it.  From what I was told, they’re still going to swing for the fences with Matt Campbell and Pat Fitzgerald, but are not sure if they will leave the college ranks, especially without Lawrence.  Other names who we’ve talked, and I have mentioned before, are Greg Roman, Brian Daboll, and Joe Brady (least likely as of today).  Personally, I’d like to see Arthur Smith thrown in there too.  I believe he will be.  A dark horse discussed was Jim Harbaugh, who Woody loves, and has loved for a long time.  However, I don’t believe he leaves Michigan (yes @Defense Wins Championships, as much as I don’t love the idea, there is a chance).

The more prominent guy basically parroted what I’ve been hearing since last year and throughout this season.  The league is MUCH, and I can’t stress that enough, higher on Sam than the fans and such are, which is a big driving force behind the “give Sam one last ride” idea.  While it’s obviously very early and almost everything I’m saying right now as of today can change, the league view on every guy not named Trevor is not favorable.  Fields is most people’s number 2, with Wilson rising, but that is more of an indictment on what Fields has put on tape this season.  The consensus among the league is that Sam can absolutely be salvaged with the right talent + coaching, and that they actually view that as the scenario that would yield more rewards than drafting Fields, Lance, Wilson, etc.  Personally, I don’t know how I feel about that, but I’m not the one who is making that decision so I try and remove myself from that headspace.  Ideally, JD, as much as he loves Sewell, wants other players at premium positions to blow up from now until draft day, trade down, and get as much high end talent as possible to build a complete team.  The thinking is if Sam can’t do it after that, you can still look for a QB next year in a class that, as of now, looks more “whole” than this years class.  Both guys also said to me that the league feeling is that, our boy, Maccagnan was a disaster of unparalleled proportions and Sam is far from “broken beyond repair”.  They went as far as to say that they believe he is more fixable and moldable than Tannehill was coming out of Miami.  Obviously Gase was discussed and they could not stress enough how awful he is scheme-wise.  What he does is not “QB friendly” by any stretch of the imagination.  From the limitations on audibles (QB sneak-gate was a big example of this) all the way to route combinations.  The guy just doesn’t understand how to help his players, particularly his signal caller.  

Getting back to the draft, as of today (and of course this can change with big performances from a QB like Fields in the playoffs, more extensive film study, and whiteboard work at the combine, etc.) the thinking, not just with us, is that the QBs in this class not named Lawrence are not worth getting fired over.  There is less risk with giving Sam one last ride than associating yourself with, say, Zach Wilson, a BYU QB who lights up UCF and teams of that ilk, for the foreseeable future.  Especially if you think Sam can still reach his full potential, which was thought to be very high.  Of course we discussed the chance that a team like Denver, Chicago, Pitt, etc. blows JD away with a trade for Sam as well.  It’s unlikely, but will be something to monitor. 

While this news may not thrill many of you, both my source and the prominent person I spoke to in order to further confirm this, have done everything to back me off the “I can’t believe Douglas would do this, what a nightmare” ledge.  They stressed that he will get this team on the right track, one way or another, and that he is the real deal.  I was nervous to post this because the whole process is early, fluid, and I have no idea what type of information I will get as things change, but I always told you guys that I would be upfront with the information I could share and I will stick to that.  

Thanks for this. 2 questions, if I may.

1. If Jacksonville wins and we continue to lose and we are choosing first.. is it Lawrence 100% or is there still thoughts of trading down and keeping Sam?

2. Gase is definitely GONE, right? RIGHT?!

Just now, MysticalJet2 said:

So just wanted to ask @Mogglez - Cowher really not an option or in any of the discussion for the HC? 

If he were to come out of retirement?  Absolutely.  

No one I’ve spoken to expects him to actually do it.  One interesting point that was brought up to me was that he may be stirring up these talks to leverage a great deal from CBS.  I’d guess that is far more likely than him wanting to coach again.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

Thanks for this. 2 questions, if I may.

1. If Jacksonville wins and we continue to lose and we are choosing first.. is it Lawrence 100% or is there still thoughts of trading down and keeping Sam?

2. Gase is definitely GONE, right? RIGHT?!

1.  If we somehow get 1OA back, Lawrence would be the pick.  Unless his background check makes him seem like a closet serial killer of course, lmao.

2.  I’d say with 99.999999% certainty, yes LOL.  Unless CJ comes out, fires JD, and makes Gase owner, he is gone.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Explain that philosophy 

Building a strong offensive and defensive line

Productive run game to open up the passing game

Pressure defense 

Not being totally focused on either side of the ball

Constructing a staff of competent coaches no hanger on’s

These are a few of many. The staff being a big one Rex, Bowles and Gase all had hanger on’s In key positions I think you will agree.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Not gonna lie this is bad evidence. I trust you but I looked at this and it just completely threw me off.

Not doubting his source. It seems more likely that the Jets are trying to create a narrative wrapped in a massive conflict of interest with Sexton/Darnold/Douglas  than rather try to execute a plan where the overall goal is to win football games.  Merry Christmas btw.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If he were to come out of retirement?  Absolutely.  

No one I’ve spoken to expects him to actually do it.  One interesting point that was brought up to me was that he may be stirring up these talks to leverage a great deal from CBS.  I’d guess that is far more likely than him wanting to coach again.

Thanks for the response!

If I'm the Johnsons, this is the the fire I's stoke.  See if I could get the fire in the belly for many reasons. For a 1-15 team (if we lose out) this bring instant credibility to the team and basically restarts the media and reputation of the team.  Kinda gives this year as a mulligan.  Plus I think he could actually bring the discipline and character to the team that is needed.  Offensive guru... no, but I do think he'd bring an OC that could truly develop the QB- whether is SD or not.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I get it. Obviously I can’t post details of who I am speaking to (that’s a quick way to lose their trust and potentially get someone fired) but I just figured it was the best thing I could do besides speed up time to have some stuff pan out or without divulging who I am speaking to in detail.  

I probably should have just let it be, but I genuinely don’t divulge anything for “clout” or to make a name for myself.  It’s not like I’m going to build a career on this.  I do it because I enjoy keeping this place informed as best as I can because I have been apart of this place since 2008 and have spent many years here talking ball with some great people.  I’m just a fan in an incredibly lucky position with some people very connected to the team and the league.  Nothing more, nothing less lol.  To be challenged on that, admittedly, gets a little tiring, especially since I have had what I’ve said pan out in the past. 

You’ve been right and you’ve missed things. Either way you’re only giving information to Jets fans for our benefit and that’s cool with me.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, King P said:

As far as Sam, I can see that being the case. I just don't see it happening. We haven't helped him, but he hasn't helped himself either. The more tape I've watched, the more frustrated I get. I've counted almost 10 different times where his receiver was open and if he sees him it's a touchdown. But he completely whiffs.

And how much time did he have to 'survey the field'? Not much the last two years and Sewell will help. I think the Jets should keep Elflein and develop Clarke into a solid guard. Draft a center and WR and a RB and a coach that understand's Darnold's strength which is throwing on the roll out and throwing quickly.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

You’ve been right and you’ve missed things. Either way you’re only giving information to Jets fans for our benefit and that’s cool with me.

Absolutely haha.  Nobody bats 1.000 lol.  I’ll totally whiffed on Maccagnan get fired up until the day it happened for example.  Like, I came here and said it wasn’t happening when Pauline first claimed it ?.

Either way, yeah. I’m just doing this for you guys.  Appreciate you understanding.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Absolutely haha.  Nobody bats 1.000 lol.  I’ll totally whiffed on Maccagnan get fired up until the day it happened for example.  Like, I came here and said it wasn’t happening when Pauline first claimed it ?.

Either way, yeah. I’m just doing this for you guys.  Appreciate you understanding.

We do appreciate it.  But I just don’t see darnold starting for the jets next season. I think the Morgan pick was a bit peculiar, particularly since you just quoted a source who claims that jd’s plan is to round out the roster.  If they believed blindly in darnold they could have used that pick for a player who could have played this year or next.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, MysticalJet2 said:

Thanks for the response!

If I'm the Johnsons, this is the the fire I'd stoke.  See if I could get the fire in the belly for many reasons. For a 1-15 team (if we lose out) this bring instant credibility to the team and basically restarts the media and reputation of the team.  Kinda gives this year as a mulligan.  Plus I think he could actually bring the discipline and character to the team that is needed.  Offensive guru... no, but I do think he'd bring an OC that could truly develop the QB- whether is SD or not.

sorry about this.  tried to edit my last post and it reposted.

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

We do appreciate it.  But I just don’t see darnold starting for the jets next season. I think the Morgan pick was a bit peculiar, particularly since you just quoted a source who claims that jd’s plan is to round out the roster.  If they believed blindly in darnold they could have used that pick for a player who could have played this year or next.

Trust me it’s hard to fathom myself, but we’ll see.  I was furrrrrrrrious from Sunday-Tuesday but, as always, a lot can happen from now until draft day.  Like I said, if anything changes I will update this forum to the best of my ability.

- Besides Campbell, Fitz, & Monken any other college coaches JD’s looking at?

- If JD’s #1 HC candidate isn’t in on Sam coming back, and JD is...which way will he lean?

- With the new league interviewing rules allowing teams to start now virtually...is there a concern that they’re already behind the 8 ball?

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Trust me it’s hard to fathom myself, but we’ll see.  I was furrrrrrrrious from Sunday-Tuesday but, as always, a lot can happen from now until draft day.  Like I said, if anything changes I will update this forum to the best of my ability.

Ultimately i believe the deciding factor will be when coaching candidates voice concerns over darnold and would prefer a different qb.  I think douglas played the adams situation extremely well and extracted as much draft collateral as he could and i think he’ll do the same with darnold.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

ok

Pretty sure they’re not sitting in a room and JD is saying “ok, we’re all in favor on leaking this to jet nation right?”

Its people in the building that are around decision makers that have friends on the outside and let them in on information. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

- Besides Campbell, Fitz, & Monken any other college coaches JD’s looking at?

- If JD’s #1 HC candidate isn’t in on Sam coming back, and JD is...which way will he lean?

- With the new league interviewing rules allowing teams to start now virtually...is there a concern that they’re already behind the 8 ball?

-  None of significant interest that I heard of.  @football guy mentioned a few names we may bring in for interviews at the very least, if you wanna go back and look at what they had to say at the beginning of the thread.

-  Depends on the candidate.  If one of his top guys, who is clear cut above the rest, comes in and says “I’m not riding with Sam”?  Everything changes and I would say Sam is out.  If it’s a candidate who isn’t exactly far and away better than other guys?  That’s a good question.  Say, Greg Roman comes in and says: “I want Sam”, but Joe Brady, Arthur Smith, etc. come in and say Sam can’t get it done, well now JD has a choice to make.  That’s part of the fluidity of this process.

-  Not at all.  Especially since the top candidates are college guys who haven’t said they will leave yet.

• Upvote 1