Some news...for those who are interested...

Mogglez

15 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Pretty sure they’re not sitting in a room and JD is saying “ok, we’re all in favor on leaking this to jet nation right?”

Its people in the building that are around decision makers that have friends on the outside and let them in on information. 

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I get it. Obviously I can’t post details of who I am speaking to (that’s a quick way to lose their trust and potentially get someone fired) but I just figured it was the best thing I could do besides speed up time to have some stuff pan out or divulge who I am speaking to in detail.  

I probably should have just let it be, but I genuinely don’t divulge anything for “clout” or to make a name for myself.  It’s not like I’m going to build a career on this.  I do it because I enjoy keeping this place informed as best as I can because I have been around this place since 2008 and have spent many years here talking ball with some great people.  I’m just a fan in an incredibly lucky position with some people very connected to the team and the league.  Nothing more, nothing less lol.  To be challenged on that, admittedly, gets a little tiring, especially since I have had what I’ve said pan out in the past. 

It is greatly appreciated!

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I think douglas would fall out of favor quickly if he bypassed these qbs and kept darnold, traded back, only to see fields and/or Wilson make an immediate impact while darnold continues to suck.  He’s got the 2nd pick in the draft, and arguably the worst starting qb in the nfl.  If douglas doesn’t see the need to get a new qb, then he too should go.  We can’t be sitting here after another really crappy season, wondering if douglas will finally draft his own qb, or if he’ll bring in a retread like cousins.  Gms succceed by finding a qb and building around their own qb.

I’m on the Wilson train completely.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Drums said:

If all of this is true, which I do believe, they basically think Gase ruins QBs.... yet they did not fire him? Thus continuing his destruction on Darnold, whom they still believe in. Why?

The Jets move up to number 3 to pick Darnold and have done everything since to sabotage the guy. Why would an organization as inept as the Jets fire Gase early and possibly save their young QB.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

17E4F2B4-3061-4396-8EC4-CFD32896943C.thumb.jpeg.7968e1622052b87285ec1970d2468ded.jpeg

52C6FD9B-E1B0-4549-AA15-D80A87BFF868.thumb.jpeg.8626a7e5bd6b1ad56a3e3878f49b44ef.jpeg

Want me to keep going?

Fill out the defense scares me.  Sounds like they're going to try and build a Run and Defense team.  That has disaster written all over it.

At best - if they do everything perfect - In three years you'll win two playoffs games and two years later you're back to picking in the top 5.

It's a disaster strategy.  You need to find a QB.

Going that defense and OL route all it does it keep the GM's job for a few years but you're NEVER winning a superbowl with a team like that in todays NFL>

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Fill out the defense scares me.  Sounds like they're going to try and build a Run and Defense team.  That has disaster written all over it.

At best - if they do everything perfect - In three years you'll win two playoffs games and two years later you're back to picking in the top 5.

Going that defense and OL route all it does it keep the GM's job for a few years but you're NEVER winning a superbowl with a team like that in todays NFL>

Totally agree. The most important thing is finding that franchise QB and going from there. It’s hardly a coincidence that most of the best teams in the league are led by the best QBs.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I disagree.  The Bills did this exact thing prior to drafting Allen and they are, arguably, the most dangerous team in the league right now.  If Darnold pans out after getting one more shot?  You just made yourself instant contenders.  If you draft a guy 2OA and do the shoring up via FA?  The rookie steps into a great situation.  If you hold off until 2022?  Same thing.  Great situation for a young QB.

Rome wasn’t built in a day.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Sorry I actually missed this.  Gase went into this season planning to “adjust” his scheme.  Tony Pauline mentioned this pre-draft last off-season and it was supposed to be the case. The WRs started to drop like flies in camp and Gase went back to “what he knew” in order to get by and, for whatever reason, hasn’t adjusted, even with the 3 starters back.  The dude is stubborn.  That’s pretty much the best way I could put it.  There was some belief that Gase had learned.  This year basically proved that he hasn’t and never will.

Yeah that’s what I meant. They could have fired him a few weeks ago and GW could have sat in like for Cleveland. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Damn JD you're killing me with this run it back with Darnold

I guess it depends on how much JD believes in these other QBs.  To be fair, though, we've never surrounded Sam with anything.  It would really stink to invest 3 years into him and then give up on him, only for some other team to reap the benefits.  I mean, if we can get Trevor, we obviously shouldn't pass on it.  But at this point that's likely not going to happen.

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I disagree.  The Bills did this exact thing prior to drafting Allen and they are, arguably, the most dangerous team in the league right now.  If Darnold pans out after getting one more shot?  You just made yourself instant contenders.  If you draft a guy 2OA and do the shoring up via FA?  The rookie steps into a great situation.  If you hold off until 2022?  Same thing.  Great situation for a young QB.

Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Wait what?

They found the franchise QB- Allen is legit.  The Bills aren't winning because of their defense, they're winning because Allen is the real deal.

And sure, If Darnold all of a sudden becomes good - then sure.  But if he doesn't you wasted the #2 pick on a Tackle and have to take your QB next year from 10 or 11.  But It really isn't the end of the world if you keep Darnold for a year..

But it would idiotic if you focus on Defense - at all.  If Darnold fails you want your new young QB coming into a stacked offense.  It really is simple.  But any premium resources into defense would be very Macagnian.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Wait what?

They found the franchise QB- Allen is legit.  The Bills aren't winning because of their defense, they're winning because Allen is the real deal.

And sure, If Darnold all of a sudden becomes good - then sure.  But if he doesn't you wasted the #2 pick on a Tackle and have to take your QB next year from 10 or 11.  But It really isn't the end of the world if you keep Darnold for a year..

But it would idiotic if you focus on Defense - at all.  If Darnold fails you want your new young QB coming into a stacked offense.  It really is simple.  But any premium resources into defense would be very Macagnian.

Fwiw, Pat Mahomes was taken at #10.  Lamar Jackson was taken at #32.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Wait what?

I’m saying that they had the foundation in place before drafting Allen.  I said that the Jets could do the same next year.  Stick with Sam, see what happens, and if he fails, the QB we draft in 2022 then comes into a great scenario, as Allen did.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fwiw, Pat Mahomes was taken at #10.  Lamar Jackson was taken at #32.

I agree.

You can absolutely get lucky next year and find someone later in the draft.  But at #2 you simply have a better chance.

As I've said, I can understand the logic of going with the Sam this year and if he fails go QB next year (we have 2 ones next year too)

But I can't understand the logic of putting premium resources into the defense.  The idea of bringing a rookie next season into an already stacked and established offense has its merits but then you better damn sure build the offense.  

Drafting a couple of edge rushers and corners aren't going to help him.  You NEED to find and then develop a franchise QB - otherwise you're just spinning your wheels....

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m saying that they had the foundation in place before drafting Allen.  I said that the Jets could do the same next year.  Stick with Sam, see what happens, and if he fails, the QB we draft in 2022 then comes into a great scenario, as Allen did.

That’s why trading down this year from 2 can be so big. 

We’d have possibly 3 firsts in 2022. But with our luck it’ll be garbage QB class

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Oh, I agree.  I would rather take a QB this year since we're unlikely to be picking 2nd next year - but I get it and would totally be okay with rolling with Sam and see what happens.

My big issue is going defense.  Have protection and weapons in place for the new guy next year sounds great.  Having a good edge rusher doesn't help him.

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

17E4F2B4-3061-4396-8EC4-CFD32896943C.thumb.jpeg.7968e1622052b87285ec1970d2468ded.jpeg

52C6FD9B-E1B0-4549-AA15-D80A87BFF868.thumb.jpeg.8626a7e5bd6b1ad56a3e3878f49b44ef.jpeg

I could keep going.  I don’t do this for any other reason than I want provide information for you guys.  As I’ve said, others can vouch for me and my source.  Considering that we only got our first win last week, it shouldn’t be to hard to fathom that there were contingency plans in place for a while now.  Draft work does not happen after the season.  Work started a while back.  A source can pass information to anyone.  Mine trusts me and has for a long time.  Nothing I have said or revealed is going to give them away so there is no fear in them when they tell me I can share it here.

The majority of us enjoy and appreciate any inside nuggets that you can supply. Ignore the negative ones, there will always be a handful of them around.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

1.  If we somehow get 1OA back, Lawrence would be the pick.  Unless his background check makes him seem like a closet serial killer of course, lmao.

2.  I’d say with 99.999999% certainty, yes LOL.  Unless CJ comes out, fires JD, and makes Gase owner, he is gone.

I love you. Thank you. 

• Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, Joejet said:

The majority of us enjoy and appreciate any inside nuggets that you can supply. Ignore the negative ones, there will always be a handful of them around.

So true, people are so jaded these days they can't appreciate when real info is given to them

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

This is an incredible post - thanks @Mogglez

Not trying to be a dick here, as it seems everyone has agreed you've been a reliable source of information, but can anyone point me to a few other posts where Mogglez has proven his sources are legit? I seem to be out of the loop, but everyone vouching for your track record has made me optimistic albeit some of the news I find personally disappointing (not a Lewis or Fields fan). 

So yea, if anyone could shoot me a link or two on past posts would appreciate it, obviously no one owes me sh*t, but think a lot of people unfamiliar with Mogglez past would appreciate it. 

Great post regardless. 

Did they not teach you how to use the search function at your fancy Ivy League school

:-)  cu grad

12 hours ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

This is an incredible post - thanks @Mogglez

Not trying to be a dick here, as it seems everyone has agreed you've been a reliable source of information, but can anyone point me to a few other posts where Mogglez has proven his sources are legit? I seem to be out of the loop, but everyone vouching for your track record has made me optimistic albeit some of the news I find personally disappointing (not a Lewis or Fields fan). 

So yea, if anyone could shoot me a link or two on past posts would appreciate it, obviously no one owes me sh*t, but think a lot of people unfamiliar with Mogglez past would appreciate it. 

Great post regardless. 

Sorry I missed this.  A couple years ago the same source told me about Darron Lee signing his rookie deal and Fitzpatrick being signed.  I posted it here and kinda started there.  There were other things like getting and sharing the massive offer we made to Kirk Cousins well before Kirk did his little show and told the world what Macc was offering and information on our big board, particularly QBs, in the 2018 draft.  Those are some examples.  I won’t divulge PMs I’ve had here, but others can definitely vouch for me, should they want to.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Sorry I missed this.  A couple years ago the same source told me about Darron Lee signing his rookie deal and Fitzpatrick being signed.  I posted it here and kinda started there.  There were other things like getting and sharing the massive offer we made to Kirk Cousins well before Kirk did his little show and told the world what Macc was offering and information on our big board, particularly QBs, in the 2018 draft.  Those are some examples.  I won’t divulge PMs I’ve had here, but others can definitely vouch for me, should they want to.

Thanks for the info! I am just curious, what was the qb rankings on big Macs qb board in 2018? Was it Sam, Mayfield and Rosen basically?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Thanks for the info! I am just curious, what was the qb rankings on big Macs qb board in 2018? Was it Sam, Mayfield and Rosen basically?

Going into the day of the draft, yes I believe it was Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, Allen, Jackson.  It’s been a while. I may have to go back and look LOL.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

Good to have an opposing view expressed so well. Thank you. This does give me some degree of solace Re:Marvin. I still don’t love the notion, and a Lewis hire would be panned league wide...but so do most things the Jets do. Again, If JD is making the call, I will give him some serious rope at this stage. Everything that happens in FA and the draft will stem from that choice. I’m with you on Campbell. Hopefully he’s willing to make the jump and the Jets are willing to pounce.  

Right  I'm 100% Matt Campbell and believe he would be the strongest candidate. But Marvin Lewis is an obviously strong candidate. His teams were always competitive until the end.  With these cyclical aspects of coaches careers, bad times happen. But he remained competive for a decade or so. 

He's really the perfect candidate to be our Carrol, bellichik or Reid. Not the exact same scenarios but I think you get the point.  Sometimes coaches need that time between HC gigs and a change of scenery. Lewis is highly regarded in NFL circles and has been for a long time. Id much rather Lewis than one of these newly ordained hot shot coordinators like Brady, Daboll, Smith or whoever.  People are nuts or just not paying attention over the past 35 years of Jets HC hires. It just doesn't work for us.  I'd take Lewis in a heartbeat, but still want Campbell or the long shot Cowher before him. 

13 hours ago, TeddEY said:

I'm still pretty sure we can salvage Hackenberg.  It would be a waste to draft Mahommes or Watson.  Lets go with the strong safety.

Seriously, is it lost on so many that this is a repeat of the Maccagnan draft strategy?

1. Failed QB on the roster but don't draft a prospect this year because it's worse for the GM's career to swing if he misses, than to not swing at all.

2. Don't draft a position that improves the team the most at a high value position, but rather use it on the pick that's either the lowest perceived bust or the least risky pick in terms of being second guessed.

3. In doing #2 above, GM uses the team's highest draft pick asset to upgrade a low-cost FA position, or one that is often or typically filled plenty adequately by picks outside the top 10 if not outside round 1 outright. In this case, using the #2 pick to upgrade at RT. Because LT is already set it is irrelevant which of Sewell or Becton plays LT or RT; either way RT is the position they're upgrading. 

The only relative positives I read in the whole insider summaries are these points:

1. JD is not dead set on Sewell at #2 and is more than willing to field offers (so he can use such a high pick to upgrade more than just RT, if he in fact realizes this is what such a selection does). A relative positive based on the hope someone in dire need of a LT will make us a good enough offer.

2. JD is calling the shots not a Johnson. It's not that JD has some proven track record for success so much as both Johnsons have a proven record of failure, and a possibility of success is better than certainty of failure. For a Jets fan this is a relative positive.

3. It sounds like Gase is 100% out the door. But the uninspiring names of likely replacements again makes this a relative rather than an absolute positive. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I said this when Jeremiah first mentioned Lewis name, and I won't waiver.  Marvin Lewis is a better coach than most people credit him for.  He made the Bengals a solid club for a decade and did it with Andy Dalton at QB for a good portion.  He's probably not my 1st choice, but he shouldn't be a doom and gloom candidate either.  The fact that he's been in the college game for a few years now probably gives him a bit of a fresh outlook too.

If you start piecing this info together, Darnold staying, building up the OL, Lewis actually seems like a reasonable fit, as that seems very similar to his recipe in Cincinnati.

It's funny. I hear so many times how the Jets let Pete Carroll go or Bill Belichik etc.  Those guys failed at their first HC gigs (and 2nd in Carrolls case).  Lewis, while not my first choice, is a very good coach who made a frugal org very competitive for a decade. Good coaches are good coaches and he is a good coach.  He's the perfect guy to get a 2nd shot. 

I don't understand why any Jets fan would be excited to jump back on the first time coordinator merry go round. It has never worked for us (Rex's 1st 2 yrs excluded). Guys like Daboll, Bienemy, Smith and even 1 1/2 year OC Brady are really who we think is turning this train wreck around?  How many times do we have to try this? At least a guy like Roman has done his thing with 3 orgs and 5 QB's. But these 1 or 2 year wonder boys are who we've gone for since Walton. Every time it's the same thing. I would be upset if that happened. 

I would take Lewis over any of those noobs any day of the week.  

Matt Campbell

Bill Cowher (pipe dream)

Greg Roman (Marvin Lewis DC??) 

Marvin Lewis

Fitzgerald 

That's my list.   But with all that said Firing Gase NEEDS to happen first. That's the most important thing.

• Upvote 2