Some news...for those who are interested...

Mogglez

11 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Boomer, Chad Ochocinco, Corey Dillon , Willie Anderson, Carson Palmer, T J  Houshmandzadeh, Rudi Johnson, Shayne Graham, Geno Atkins, Andy Dalton, A J Green, 

Yeah, spread them out over 16 season, hardly the Chiefs

Just now, Beerfish said:

Lewis would be an awful awful choice.

He is todd bowles version 2 as far as player character and accountability  never won an important game.

Recent performance as a lacky for Herm.

People we can do better, a lot better.

we can. but being realistic and judging by records you cant knock a guy like lewis that has a body of work. 

A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush. We can get a guy like.....ohhhhh let me see........just at random the dude named wink from the ravens with zero head coaching experience that winds up wasting 4 years of our lives with 6-10 7-9 6-10 8-8 years and end up with less than .518 win percentage that Lewsi already established.

It about risk and reward.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

thats BS

you are calling out names of all their good players, but thats over more than a decade. those guys were not all on the same team at the same time

This was the question, I answered it

who the heck was on the bengals? Boomer? the defensive end guy? cant remember anyone else"

12 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

wow in 2005 marvin lost his playoff game. but to the steelers. who won the super bowl that year? take a wild guess

It also took the absolute worst cheap shot on a QB I have ever seen for the Steelers to win that game.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

we can. but being realistic and judging by records you cant knock a guy like lewis that has a body of work. 

A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush. We can get a guy like.....ohhhhh let me see........just at random the dude named wink from the ravens with zero head coaching experience that winds up wasting 4 years of our lives with 6-10 7-9 6-10 8-8 years and end up with less than .518 win percentage that Lewsi already established.

It about risk and reward.

I would rather risk than settle.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Darnold would be a terrible backup. Backup QBs are only relevant when a team is one that can contend. A backup's job is to limit mistakes and keep the team in position to win.

Darnold is a turnover machine.

Yep.  He's a QB3.  And many teams only carry 2 QB's....

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  He's a QB3.  And many teams only carry 2 QB's....

Prop bet: Baker Mayfield has already won more games than Darnold will for his entire career.

With even money, which side do you take?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, jago said:

marvin did keep them competitive for half a dozen years straight
and never really hit the skids since.
i cringe at some of the characters they tolerated,
but maybe with JD as gm, that can be controlled.

This  is why I was so surprised to hear they interviewed him.  

15 minutes ago, jago said:

marvin did keep them competitive for half a dozen years straight
and never really hit the skids since.
i cringe at some of the characters they tolerated,
but maybe with JD as gm, that can be controlled.

Man those Bengals were loaded while they were winning games in the mid 2000's. 

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

lol

You brought up Boomer, that was a bit ago.   Why are you so upset that you had to quote the same post 4 times?  lol   You asked who was on his teams right?

Not upset just thought of things at different times. Its one of them typing things where you cant see a persons face and you think it was done in anger but it wasnt no worries 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Not to attack my own post lol, but I want to greatly stress that anything QB/draft related is soooooo far from being settled.  Maybe I didn’t do a great job of initially expressing that.  I wouldn’t say they think lowly of those two, I’d say it’s more indicative of what they still think of Sam.  That being said, my OP was written in December and a lot has changed since then (Sam closing out the year very poorly, Wilson and Fields lighting it up, etc.)

There’s so much that can still happen.  The head coach will have a heavy influence on that decision.

i understand, there's no way anyone there can really know what's going to happen since they haven't even hired a coach yet.  

In concept, trading back seems great because more quality picks are good.  In reality the Jets need impact players on offense to get back into the nfl.  If they're not taking fields or wilson, are they trading back and taking wrs?  is a top rb in the picture?  if KC is the model for how to build an offense, you want a quick thinking qb with speed at wr/te/rb.  darnold isn't quick thinking.  they have some speed at wr.  no rbs, basically no te.  i doubt many here would be happy if they traded back and took a wr and kept darnold and basically said a few hail marys that he suddenly becomes the player we thought we drafted.  

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Why do we not like Lewis as HC again? Because he lost in the playoffs? 

The last time we discussed this, Matt stated that he doesn’t want:

- A coordinator.

- A guy with no previous head coaching experience.

Oh but Matt does want Urban Meyer, a guy who runs a completely gimmicky offense and who has never coached in the NFL in any capacity.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i understand, there's no way anyone there can really know what's going to happen since they haven't even hired a coach yet.  

In concept, trading back seems great because more quality picks are good.  In reality the Jets need impact players on offense to get back into the nfl.  If they're not taking fields or wilson, are they trading back and taking wrs?  is a top rb in the picture?  if KC is the model for how to build an offense, you want a quick thinking qb with speed at wr/te/rb.  darnold isn't quick thinking.  they have some speed at wr.  no rbs, basically no te.  i doubt many here would be happy if they traded back and took a wr and kept darnold and basically said a few hail marys that he suddenly becomes the player we thought we drafted.  

I’d say the latter part of your post is most likely if they don’t go QB at 2 and decide to trade down.  The only thing I don’t see likely, as of today, is spending high capital, whether it’s money or draft picks, on RB.  WR and a dynamic TE (Pitts plz)?  Totally in play.  I know that’s not popular lol (I want a QB), but that’s what I’ve heard.

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

in 2015 marvin went 12-4 and won his division with these players:

2015 Cincinnati Bengals final roster

Quarterbacks

Running backs

Wide receivers

Tight ends

Offensive linemen

Defensive linemen

Linebackers

Defensive backs

Special teams

I'm confused -- this is supposed to be a bad roster?

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Why do we not like Lewis as HC again? Because he lost in the playoffs? 

His teams were loaded with character issues for years, he lost in the playoffs, he has not been in coordinator or hc in college for a few years.

Now all candidates have questions, Lewis has connections and experience.  I simply think there are other guys out there I would rather have.

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’d say the latter part of your post is most likely if they don’t go QB at 2 and decided to trade down.  The only thing I don’t see likely, as of today, is spending high capital, whether it’s money or draft picks, on RB.  WR and a dynamic TE (Pitts plz)?  Totally in play.

is the offense better with pitts and darnold or a new qb and weapons that can be acquired in FA, with seattle's 1st rounder and the rest of their picks?  

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’d say the latter part of your post is most likely if they don’t go QB at 2 and decided to trade down.  The only thing I don’t see likely, as of today, is spending high capital, whether it’s money or draft picks, on RB.  WR and a dynamic TE (Pitts plz)?  Totally in play.

Any indication from your contact that Morgan is gonna get a shot to be the guy next year, especially if they trade down and pass on any of the top guys?

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

is the offense better with pitts and darnold or a new qb and weapons that can be acquired in FA, with seattle's 1st rounder and the rest of their picks?  

I’ve got my own opinion on that, but I cannot answer with total certainty what JD and his top head coaching candidates think as of today.