Some news...for those who are interested...

Mogglez

6 hours ago, section314 said:

@Mogglez Tell me if I'm reading too much into your comments. If JD truly loves Sam, and wants to build around him, would he pass on Lawrence if given the chance and trade out to stack the picks? Or, if he feels like we are stuck at#2, and Sewell is the guy, and the Bengals love him too, do we just basically need to stay in front of them? Meaning, if Cincy fell to say 4th, and a QB needy team is 3rd, we can move down 1 spot and still get our guy and picks?

No no no nooo lol.  If we had (have) 1OA, it’s Trevor.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

You’re a bright chap. Figure it out. And Rod Serling is timeless. 
The Rip Van Winkle Caper 1961

That was a classic episode, and one of my favorites. One correction: The last guy remaining didn't drop dead before encountering the couple, whom he wanted to buy water from with a bar of gold before dropping dead.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TeddEY said:

The issue isn't the twilight zone.  The issue is what it had to do with my post.

Also, the episode in question (I think) has been around more than two decades more than I have.

I can't speak for the OP, but to me it means that you shouldn't assume that the Jets will be competitive in the AFCE (future) just because the upcoming offseason looks to be very promising (now/current). The theme of the episode is don't assume what is true today (Gold is worth a lot of money) will be true in the future (Gold becomes worthless). Or simply stated, "don't count your chickens before they are hatched".

If you get a chance, watch that episode. I believe they are still available on Netflix.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

I disagree, he doesn't need to be Mahomes for the Phish to be successful. His accuracy alone is enough to the float the offense.

He is a slightly better version of Leinart. He doesn't have the arm strength to make the difficult throws. Jets are lucky they picked Tua over Herbert.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pennington said:

He is a slightly better version of Leinart. He doesn't have the arm strength to make the difficult throws. Jets are lucky they picked Tua over Herbert.

Don't think that's not accurate. Leinart didn't have great accuracy or touch. That's Tua best strengths. He's a liability though under pressure similarly 

Regardless, Flores has a well oiled machine on all 3 phases. Tua will get better, and they can win with him. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pennington said:

If this is true why didn't Douglas step in and force Gase to start Morgan. 

It has been stated 100s of times on this board that JD and Gase both report to CJ. Gase doesn’t report to JD so JD can’t tell him to play or not to play. I’m not sure why this is such a difficult concept for you to understand.

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I hate that this is the case, but the old addage of “only fans believe in tanking” is 110% true.

No reason to go into the season intending to tank but once you've gone 0-10 or so and Lawrence is on the line you adapt and go all out to get that franchise QB. 

4 minutes ago, Joejet said:

It has been stated 100s of times on this board that JD and Gase both report to CJ. Gase doesn’t report to JD so JD can’t tell him to play or not to play. I’m not sure why this is such a difficult concept for you to understand.

It’s not difficult to grasp, but anyone playing the Douglas has control angle is clearly full of it. 

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

Thank you @Mogglez for sharing your inside information.

Just Knowing that Gase is a goner is good enough with me!

I can live with giving Sam another year as well, the kid is only 23.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Let's lock him up until he's good - maybe by time he's 35 he'll pay dividends. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Don't think that's not accurate. Leinart didn't have great accuracy or touch. That's Tua best strengths. He's a liability though under pressure similarly 

Regardless, Flores has a well oiled machine on all 3 phases. Tua will get better, and they can win with him. 

Best case scenario is Tua becomes a left handed Chad and like our former QB he is made of glass.

I think Sam can be salvaged but he's going to need a coach like Shanahan or Payton to get it out of him. I would be in favor of trading the Seattle pick for Payton. Darnold is not going to improve unless he gets a top head coach and names like Lewis and Martindale quite obviously fail that level of coaching.

1 minute ago, Pennington said:

I think Sam can be salvaged but he's going to need a coach like Shanahan or Payton to get it out of him. I would be in favor of trading the Seattle pick for Payton. Darnold is not going to improve unless he gets a top head coach and names like Lewis and Martindale quite obviously fail that level of coaching.

I disagree with that , the things that Sam needs to learn are not the things those coaches are wanting to waste their time teaching. Sam needs a refresher course on Quarterbacking 101 or the offense has to be revamped completely to allow Sam to freelance which is what he did best at USC and in the pro's so far. 

Thanks for the insight my friend. It did make me remember that during his first year I felt like he was truly going through progressions. And then it kind of disappeared. Usually during the first year is when QBs lock onto a read. Perhaps this has something to do with gase’s “scheme” on offense.

8 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I disagree with that , the things that Sam needs to learn are not the things those coaches are wanting to waste their time teaching. Sam needs a refresher course on Quarterbacking 101 or the offense has to be revamped completely to allow Sam to freelance which is what he did best at USC and in the pro's so far. 

The new jets HC isn’t going to want to have to spend half his time trying to salvage the worst starting qb in the nfl.  They’re going to want a veteran or a rookie to groom from the start.

i think all this ‘we love darnold’ talk is to pump up his trade value and nothing more.  

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

The new jets HC isn’t going to want to have to spend half his time trying to salvage the worst starting qb in the nfl.  They’re going to want a veteran or a rookie to groom from the start.

i think all this ‘we love darnold’ talk is to pump up his trade value and nothing more.  

I hope so and I'll admit I was a big Sam fan and defender through the 1st two seasons. 

7 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I hope so and I'll admit I was a big Sam fan and defender through the 1st two seasons. 

I think douglas would fall out of favor quickly if he bypassed these qbs and kept darnold, traded back, only to see fields and/or Wilson make an immediate impact while darnold continues to suck.  He’s got the 2nd pick in the draft, and arguably the worst starting qb in the nfl.  If douglas doesn’t see the need to get a new qb, then he too should go.  We can’t be sitting here after another really crappy season, wondering if douglas will finally draft his own qb, or if he’ll bring in a retread like cousins.  Gms succceed by finding a qb and building around their own qb.

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think douglas would fall out of favor quickly if he bypassed these qbs and kept darnold, traded back, only to see fields and/or Wilson make an immediate impact while darnold continues to suck.  He’s got the 2nd pick in the draft, and arguably the worst starting qb in the nfl.  If douglas doesn’t see the need to get a new qb, then he too should go.  We can’t be sitting here after another really crappy season, wondering if douglas will finally draft his own qb, or if he’ll bring in a retread like cousins.  Gms succceed by finding a qb and building around their own qb.

GMs succeed by building a team. He can draft a good QB and still fail. See Ryan Grigson. 
As long as JD continues to draft well and build a team the right way, we’ll be in position to add a QB and not expect them our savior. 

• Upvote 1