The last game for Sam Darnold at MetLife as a Jet

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Smfh the jets need interior O-Line help, dude is a tackle... hmmmmm who has the real “clown comment”? ?

So you think Sewell wouldn't help? 

I know you want the Jets to draft a QB but I would not use the second pick on anyone  not named Lawrence. Sewell makes perfect sense. The Jets can afford to pay 2 tackles top money

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

Everyone knows the Jets will do the same exact thing they did with Sanchez. Sticking with an under performing QB because he was a high draft pick and wasting an extra 3 years past their expiration date. Its a very familiar story that we will be forced to watch once again.  

What’s sad is that a lot of the media and a shocking number of Jets fans actually think this is a good idea.

people don’t learn from past mistakes 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

What’s sad is that a lot of the media and a shocking number of Jets fans actually think this is a good idea.

people don’t learn from past mistakes 

A big problem with Mark and Sam is how well they play the media and in turn the fans. We get emotionally invested in them as people because they are good guys and never say the wrong thing--regardless of how they play on the field and then drag this thing out so long. Part of why Geno was shuffled away so fast was that he was a schmuck and didn't garner any of that love from the fans especially with the IK knockout. We give them a longer rope than deserved

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yes, yes he has for sure if you don't let little things like facts and stats and reality get in the way.

HAHAHAHAHAHA   Awesome, GL.  Good stuff. 

If Sam Darnold were the QB of the 2009/2010 Jets we appear in 1 playoff game and lose it.  Sanchez was money in high-pressure games, and Sanchez led us back for 5 epic fourth quarter comebacks in the 2011 season turning 6-10 into 11-5.  Darnold can't carry Mark's jock.  Stop sniffing it.

SAR I

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Everyone knows the Jets will do the same exact thing they did with Sanchez. Sticking with an under performing QB because he was a high draft pick and wasting an extra 3 years past their expiration date.

Mark Sanchez had 3 great years-  2009 AFCCG, 2010 AFCCG, 2011 got us to 8-5 in December before Victor Cruz exposed Rex Ryan's fraudulent defense.

The only 'waste' year was 2012 when the team was so bad around him its a miracle we got 6 wins.  And that wasn't a 'waste' year.  That was a tragedy, that was Tony Sporano and Clyde Gates and Chaz Schillenz and the worst offensive personnel this franchise has ever seen.

In 3 years in NJ, Sam Darnold has done nothing.  He sucks.  He's gone.  But you friggin' Mets fans and your bedroom posters of losers like Chad Pennington, Rusty Staub, Vinny Testaverde, and Mike Piazza never learn.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If Sam Darnold were the QB of the 2009/2010 Jets we appear in 1 playoff game and lose it.  Sanchez was money in high-pressure games, and Sanchez led us back for 5 epic fourth quarter comebacks in the 2011 season turning 6-10 into 11-5.  Darnold can't carry Mark's jock.  Stop sniffing it.

SAR I

Sanchez's claim to fame

mark sanchez fumble GIF

Just now, SAR I said:

SAR I

What was his record in his ELEVEN starts the last FOUR years of his career? Not sure what the **** those teams were thinking. Didn't they know what they had? They had Mr. Epic Comeback just sitting there right under their noses. Not sure how the Hall of Fame is going to handle this information, but you should remind them. 

He was given EVERYTHING you want as a quarterback. EVERYTHING. Please stop it, between this and Gase you're becoming a clownish figure.

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mark Sanchez had 3 great years-  2009 AFCCG, 2010 AFCCG, 2011 got us to 8-5 in December before Victor Cruz exposed Rex Ryan's fraudulent defense.

The only 'waste' year was 2012 when the team was so bad around him its a miracle we got 6 wins.  And that wasn't a 'waste' year.  That was a tragedy, that was Tony Sporano and Clyde Gates and Chaz Schillenz and the worst offensive personnel this franchise has ever seen.

In 3 years in NJ, Sam Darnold has done nothing.  He sucks.  He's gone.  But you friggin' Mets fans and your bedroom posters of losers like Chad Pennington, Rusty Staub, Vinny Testaverde, and Mike Piazza never learn.

SAR I

lmao you drag the Mets into it as an ad hominem because your points are ******* stupid. And the best player on your team is coming to Queens so stick that up your Rolex.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Sanchez's claim to fame

mooresfault.jpg

No, that's Brandon Moore's mistake and Eeyore SOJF's dream come true, a play that makes them feel worse about themselves than the Mets do.  At the moment of contact, Sanchez is already well into his slide and Brandon Moore has been destroyed by Vince Wilfork, he's a guard and his body is where the center was.  

SAR I

4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

What was his record in his ELEVEN starts the last FOUR years of his career? Not sure what the **** those teams were thinking. Didn't they know what they had? They had Mr. Epic Comeback just sitting there right under their noses. Not sure how the Hall of Fame is going to handle this information, but you should remind them. 

He was given EVERYTHING you want as a quarterback. EVERYTHING. Please stop it, between this and Gase you're becoming a clownish figure.

What happened to Mark Sanchez after Rex Ryan destroyed his shoulder in a meaningless preseason game is exactly what you'd expect.  Had Mark never been injured he'd have beaten Geno out for the starting job and if Geno could go 8-8 Mark easily goes 10-6 and takes us back to the playoffs.

Sanchez was given a great supporting cast in 2009 and 2010 and he did a great job, getting us deep in the playoffs and being the best Jet on the field in back to back Championship Games.  When Rex Ryan doubled-down to support the myth that he was some Defensive Guru to cover up for his awful D in Championship Games and down the stretch of the 2010 and 2011 seasons he left the offense completely depleted.

I couldn't care less what you, of all people, think of my opinions.  I can't think of a single relevant or insightful comment you've made in a decade.

SAR I

50 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

lmao you drag the Mets into it as an ad hominem because your points are ******* stupid. And the best player on your team is coming to Queens so stick that up your Rolex.

He's nothing more than an Adam Gase troll I believe all of JN should put him on ignore this way he can talk about Adam Gase and the Mets all by his lonesome and to himself. 

What type of Jets fan kicks other Met fans down when they've been down so long? I'm not a Mets fan but I'd never make fun of Jet fans who are; I guess that's just the type of person Adam Gase I mean SAR really is. 

People on JN have me on ignore too but at least I don't go prancing around JN talking up Adam Gase, PSL's and Rolexes while spitting all over Jets/Mets fans @ the same time. 

Actually don't place SAR on ignore it's Christmas Day that's not cool at all.

I just can't wait until Adam Gase gets fired this Offseason because SAR has told us all at least 10,000 times that Adam Gase is untouchable and can't/won't be fired ?

we'll be having the last Adam Gase laugh while the Grinch who tried to steal Christmas will absolutely HATE our next head coach (I already know where this is going). 

??

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

mooresfault.jpg

No, that's Brandon Moore's mistake and Eeyore SOJF's dream come true, a play that makes them feel worse about themselves than the Mets do.  At the moment of contact, Sanchez is already well into his slide and Brandon Moore has been destroyed by Vince Wilfork, he's a guard and his body is where the center was.  

SAR I

Right, Moore's butt magnetically drew Mark's face into his butt. Magneto has nothing on Moore

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

What happened to Mark Sanchez after Rex Ryan destroyed his shoulder in a meaningless preseason game is exactly what you'd expect.  Had Mark never been injured he'd have beaten Geno out for the starting job and if Geno could go 8-8 Mark easily goes 10-6 and takes us back to the playoffs.

Sanchez was given a great supporting cast in 2009 and 2010 and he did a great job, getting us deep in the playoffs and being the best Jet on the field in back to back Championship Games.  When Rex Ryan doubled-down to support the myth that he was some Defensive Guru to cover up for his awful D in Championship Games and down the stretch of the 2010 and 2011 seasons he left the offense completely depleted.

I couldn't care less what you, of all people, think of my opinions.  I can't think of a single relevant or insightful comment you've made in a decade.

SAR I

That may well be, I leave insight to my betters,  I at least TRY to make people laugh. The difference between you and I is that I'm not universally ridiculed and despised somewhere I spend this much time. At least I'm occasionally funny and interesting. You, on the other hand are not insightful, not interesting, not funny, you aren't even friendly. You basically contribute nothing but varying levels of annoyance.

You're either painfully unselfaware or an absolute sociopath to inflict punishment on everyone with this garbage. Every. *******. Day. You must see it, no? You know that what I'm saying is true, dude. How's that for insight? I'm saying this for your own sake, SAR.

If they want to ban me for telling you the truth, fine. I'll take the bullet for everyone. 

And by the way, who needs insight when the other person claims that the QB led the team to playoff victories and the defense was exposed as a fraud when the opponents in the four playoff wins scored:

14,14, 16 and 21

Please dude, stop embarrassing yourself. I'm starting to think you won a lottery or something if you have as much money as you can't seem to shut up about. And if that's not the case, then you've obviously mistaken the ability to make money for intelligence. In other words, your arrogance is based on an illusion, Yankee fan. Oh, look, more insight.

1 hour ago, Icer said:

A big problem with Mark and Sam is how well they play the media and in turn the fans. We get emotionally invested in them as people because they are good guys and never say the wrong thing--regardless of how they play on the field and then drag this thing out so long. Part of why Geno was shuffled away so fast was that he was a schmuck and didn't garner any of that love from the fans especially with the IK knockout. We give them a longer rope than deserved

This is definitely true. 

feels like folks really want Sam to work out

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Right, Moore's butt magnetically drew Mark's face into his butt. Magneto has nothing on Moore

"I have never seen this before in my life, watch this, Vince Wilfork is gonna throw Brandon Moore back into his quarterback.  This is what Reggie White used to do to people, just forklift 'em."

--Chris Collinsworth, NBC Sports, live broadcast.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

That may well be, I leave insight to my betters,  I at least TRY to make people laugh. The difference between you and I is that I'm not universally ridiculed and despised somewhere I spend this much time. At least I'm occasionally funny and interesting. You, on the other hand are not insightful, not interesting, not funny, you aren't even friendly. You basically contribute nothing but varying levels of annoyance.

You're either painfully unselfaware or an absolute sociopath to inflict punishment on everyone with this garbage. Every. *******. Day. You must see it, no? You know that what I'm saying is true, dude. How's that for insight? I'm saying this for your own sake, SAR.

If they want to ban me for telling you the truth, fine. I'll take the bullet for everyone. 

I'm not here to entertain you; I'm here to entertain me.

SAR I

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

"I have never seen this before in my life, watch this, Vince Wilfork is gonna throw Brandon Moore back into his quarterback.  This is what Reggie White used to do to people, just forklift 'em."

--Chris Collinsworth, NBC Sports, live broadcast.

SAR I

If you watch the video, Sanchez clearly plants his face in Moore' s but and upon contact, his feet fly forward from the stoppage of his inertia continuing under Moore. There was no attempt to slide. Clearly a face plant. 

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

And by the way, who needs insight when the other person claims that the QB led the team to playoff victories and the defense was exposed as a fraud when the opponents in the four playoff wins scored:

14,14, 16 and 21

Please dude, stop embarrassing yourself. I'm starting to think you won a lottery or something if you have as much money as you can't seem to shut up about. And if that's not the case, then you've obviously mistaken the ability to make money for intelligence. In other words, your arrogance is based on an illusion, Yankee fan. Oh, look, more insight.

I I remember SAR doing something with Gruden, and Juden many many moons ago, it was entertaining. Maybe it's the wrong site or person, however, memory usually serves.

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Sanchez's claim to fame

mark sanchez fumble GIF

Sanchez was a gym rat. We used to play a game at recess called ''Kill the Guy with the Ball'' back in the late 70's when we then 7th and 8th grade boys were aloud to beat the living **** out of of each other on playgrounds of white privilege. Sanchez was under a head coach that was very good at doing just that, it's a shame that ownership or management didn't recognize that right out of the shoot and handled it accordingly. Rex didn't know **** about how to handle Sanchez, shame.

• Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If you watch the video, Sanchez clearly plants his face in Moore' s but and upon contact, his feet fly forward from the stoppage of his inertia continuing under Moore. There was no attempt to slide. Clearly a face plant. 

I've watched the video hundreds of times.  It's a matter of watching it from the proper angle. 

It's a blown play, Mark runs right up the hashmarks behind Mangold (who has done his job and leveraged his assignment yards off the line of scrimmage), his knees are bent, and WHAM, Wilfork picks up Moore (throws him two yards off his spot, like a rag doll) and throws him right into Sanchez.

Moore should have apologized, took the blame for his shoddy play. and prevented the shots Sanchez was taking.  Instead, he took a play from the Rex Ryan playbook and threw Mark under the bus.  And fans like you still buy it hook, line, sinker.

SAR I

16 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Sanchez was a gym rat. We used to play a game at recess called ''Kill the Guy with the Ball'' back in the late 70's when we then 7th and 8th grade boys were aloud to beat the living **** out of of each other on playgrounds of white privilege. Sanchez was under a head coach that was very good at doing just that, it's a shame that ownership or management didn't recognize that right out of the shoot and handled it accordingly. Rex didn't know **** about how to handle Sanchez, shame.

Oh, what might have been.

No Jets quarterback had a better 2 season tryout than Mark Sanchez, showed about 80% of what you want from a rookie quarterback.  And instead of getting that extra 20% out of him, they ignored him, all so Rex Ryan could maintain his phony aura of being some Defensive Guru and land him his second job.

Rex Ryan's selfishness is still felt today.  The biggest mistake Woody Johnson ever made was giving up on Tannenbaum, Schottenheimer, and Sanchez and instead listening to dumb fans and retaining Rex Ryan.  That led to Idzik which led to Maccagnan which leads to a decade of malpractice.

SAR I