The last game for Sam Darnold at MetLife as a Jet

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

I ain't crying.

If he weren't such a nice, wholesome boy we'd be cursing him out, printing t-shirts, and flying planes.  He's been far worse than Mark Sanchez and you ran him out of town on a rail.

SAR I

I saw a clip where Sanchez was interviewing Darnold and he subtlety was laughing at him and suggested he'd be better off getting out of dodge while he had the chance.  Sanchez: 'Dude you SUCK. I was light years better than you and look what happened to me.  Run for the hills". 

• Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I've watched the video hundreds of times.  It's a matter of watching it from the proper angle. 

It's a blown play, Mark runs right up the hashmarks behind Mangold (who has done his job and leveraged his assignment yards off the line of scrimmage), his knees are bent, and WHAM, Wilfork picks up Moore (throws him two yards off his spot, like a rag doll) and throws him right into Sanchez.

Moore should have apologized, took the blame for his shoddy play. and prevented the shots Sanchez was taking.  Instead, he took a play from the Rex Ryan playbook and threw Mark under the bus.  And fans like you still buy it hook, line, sinker.

SAR I

He clearly does not slide before he plants his face into Moore's butt. Nor does he begin a slide. Look at the video I posted. Stop this insanity. What is it with you. Sanchez was about as big a bust at QB as the Jets ever had made worse by resigning him. 

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

At the moment of contact, Sanchez is already well into his slide

SAR I

That's just a flat out lie. Sanchez's feet don't give out until his face hits the ass.  Or maybe his face hit a Dominion Voting machine that changes the outcome.

I don’t think its the right thing to do, but i think these last two games will weigh heavily on whether Sam stays. If he plays well in both games, added to solid game vs. Rams, i think there is a good chance he stays. If he plays poorly in both games, i think they move on...

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

no Trevor - no bye bye Sam 

I tend to agree I don't think JD is intrigued by all the other QB's and I don't think JD has the knowledge to pick anyone but the sure thing. 

JD will probably play it safe and either stick with Sam Darnold or maybe trade for Mariota,Wentz,Prescott or sign Winston I know its not what many want to hear. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Everyone knows the Jets will do the same exact thing they did with Sanchez. Sticking with an under performing QB because he was a high draft pick and wasting an extra 3 years past their expiration date. Its a very familiar story that we will be forced to watch once again.  

No not exactly.

JD has no ties to Darnold. So the fact he was the 3rd pick overall he will not be paid by the Jets to stick around.

NFW

31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I tend to agree I don't think JD is intrigued by all the other QB's and I don't think JD has the knowledge to pick anyone but the sure thing. 

JD will probably play it safe and either stick with Sam Darnold or maybe trade for Mariota,Wentz,Prescott or sign Winston I know its not what many want to hear. 

All kidding aside, there’s still much that has to play out over the next four months. But this mentality of “well I guess we’re taking a quarterback at #2 now” is for the birds

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

He clearly does not slide before he plants his face into Moore's butt. Nor does he begin a slide. Look at the video I posted. Stop this insanity. What is it with you. Sanchez was about as big a bust at QB as the Jets ever had made worse by resigning him. 

https://youtu.be/82RIfy-gRa4

This is the video to watch.  Do it. Twice. 

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

https://youtu.be/82RIfy-gRa4

This is the video to watch.  Do it. Twice. 

SAR I

Brandon Moore got the better of Wilfork on that play.  He pushed him about 1-2 yards down the field.  Moore only fell after Sanchez ran into his backside.  Even you should be able to see this.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

That's just a flat out lie. Sanchez's feet don't give out until his face hits the ass.  Or maybe his face hit a Dominion Voting machine that changes the outcome.

Broken play.  Mark does as he’s coached, he runs straight ahead and follows Mangold who has done his job, it’s going to be a one yard gain, live to see another down.  

But, no.  Brandon Moore is being picked up and thrown like a small girl.  Right into Sanchez as he’s sliding.   

Shonn Green screwed up his assignment.  Never gets mentioned.   Brandon Moore gets humiliated by Vince Wilfork.  Gets glossed over.  Mark Sanchez does his job.  Gets blamed.  

It’s just like Adam Gase.  Always blaming the wrong people.  

SAR I

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Broken play.  Mark does as he’s coached, he runs straight ahead and follows Mangold who has done his job, it’s going to be a one yard gain, live to see another down.  

But, no.  Brandon Moore is being picked up and thrown like a small girl.  Right into Sanchez as he’s sliding.   

Shonn Green screwed up his assignment.  Never gets mentioned.   Brandon Moore gets humiliated by Vince Wilfork.  Gets glossed over.  Mark Sanchez does his job.  Gets blamed.  

It’s just like Adam Gase.  Always blaming the wrong people.  

SAR I

Give me the exact time stamp where Moore gets "blown up".   The way I see it, from the 1 second mark to the 3 second mark, Moore pushes Wilfork back about 1-2 yards.  Moore is still pushing Wilfork at the time Sanchez runs into his butt.  Where are you seeing Wilfork throw Moore around?

Ball snapped at the 31 yard line.

image.png.1074ee434d609b628876acfb057727fe.png

Moore has pushed Wilfork back 1-2 yards

image.png.bce518f4584cd38c72ec0a4d5fad3f67.png

Sanchez runs into Moore's butt.  (Then and only then does Moore fall down)

image.thumb.png.901e525d303a14fcce31576beb3a7b6f.png

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Sam hez does not slide nor does he attempt or begin his slide. Chris Collinsworth is also wrong (Big surprise). Moore is pushed backwards but is not lifted off the ground. Use your freaking eyes 

mooresfault.jpg&key=5a1c3fd26d8c1554101f

If that's the case then Moore's got some very unorthodox technique where he lifts his left leg 2 feet in the air and leans back and to the right like an Olympian starting a swan dive in an attempt to push Wilfork forward and to the left.

If Moore does his job and contains Wilfork, none of this ever happens.  If Greene remembers his assignment, none of this happens.  All Mark did was run behind Mangold who'd leveraged his man, and slide like he was taught to.  But he gets the blame because SOMF's love feeling bad about themselves.  

SAR I

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

mooresfault.jpg&key=5a1c3fd26d8c1554101f

If that's the case then Moore's got some very unorthodox technique where he lifts his left leg 2 feet in the air and leans back and to the right like an Olympian starting a swan dive in an attempt to push Wilfork forward and to the left.

If Moore does his job and contains Wilfork, none of this ever happens.  If Greene remembers his assignment, none of this happens.  All Mark did was run behind Mangold who'd leveraged his man, and slide like he was taught to.  But he gets the blame because SOMF's love feeling bad about themselves.  

SAR I

Must be some really great drugs you are buying. 

You know whoes fault all this is. Sanchez. He turned the wrong way to hand off the ball and the back ran right past him so he panics and runs into Moore's butt. 

It is stunning the things you decide to plant a flag on, Gase and Sanchez. Sanchez had every opportunity to succeed and now he is probably working at a Krispy Kream. Darnold was practically sabotaged on the Jets yet all you talk about are the mistakes he makes let alone that Gase is the worst coordinator and HC I ever saw but you defend him to the death.

What is your malfunction?