It’s Mac Jones

QB1

He’s the guy I would draft other than Lawrence of course 

looks like a young Tom Brady in the pocket with Rivers accuracy on the deep ball. 

if he blows up the playoff and wins the Natty I could see a joe burrow type rise 

plus seems like an awesome awesome kid 

dime package 

interview 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Look at the play that starts at 0:32 in the 1st video.  He has zero pressure on him and finally makes the pass at 0:39.  How does that tell us anything?

He had good protection on the play and fired a rifle shot for a TD?

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

On almost every one of those throws he takes the snap, looks at one WR and throws to that WR.  I don't see a lot of tough decisions.  Look at Devonta Smith, throw to Devonta Smith or look at Waddle, throw to Waddle.  And, both of those guys are almost always open.

Ok sure... is that his fault? Do you want him to ignore open guys on purpose? 

13 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

Yeah, I'd like to see how he responds to pressure and having to look for second or even third receivers on plays. He hasn't really had to do that much, if at all.

That doesn't mean that he can't, but taking him early in the first would be a big gamble.

Well, if we took him with #33 pick then he’d have probably enough time to make a peanut butter & jelly sandwich with Sewell- Thuney-Lindsey- -McGovern- Becton blocking for him & throwing to Robinson- Mims- Crowder & Devonta Smith with the Seattle pick ?.

• Upvote 2

I've been claiming for months now that he's the best QB prospect outside of Trevor Lawrence. 

Within the SEC this year has a QB Rating almost identical and a little higher than Joe Burrow's QB rating within the SEC last year. 

And Joe Burrow had as many WR threats with LSU as Mac Jones has @ Alabama. 

Mac Jones is awesome. 

And all of these Justin Fields fanboys who say we're not allowed to judge former Ohio State NFL QBs as a knock on Fields?

Then become the same hypocrites while talking about former Alabama QBs in order to slight Mac Jones A++ 2020 season.

We should ask JOE NAMATH what he thinks of Mac Jones...

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, QB1 said:

Ok sure... is that his fault? Do you want him to ignore open guys on purpose? 

No.  But it's like me sinking a 2 foot putt on 18 consecutive holes.  Doesn't mean I'm a good putter and I'm not going to back the ball up to 20 ft., but it tells you nothing about how well I'd do in tougher circumstances.

adam sandler golf GIF

23 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Recent Alabama QBs under Saban

• Greg McElroy
  • AJ McCarron
  • Blake Sims
  • Jake Coker
  • Jalen Hurts
  • Tua Tagovailoa
  • Mac Jones

So far Hurts looks good in two games, but more is needed to evaluate him.  Too hasn't impressed ...yet. The rest?  Nope

Your Avatar once went to Alabama. 

You should make that same list for Ohio State, BYU, Gators, Notre Dame,  North Dakota State and Clemson QBs (before Watson) too...

And pretty soon the NFL wouldn't be allowed to draft QBs this year. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Burrow actually doesn't play with bricks in his feet

But pure pocket passing QBs such as Joe Namath, Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Troy Aikman, Jim Kelly, Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Tom Brady etc, did. 

These guys never ran the ball because they made a living picking apart defenses as pure pocket passers and will always be considered as king DNA of the QB position all while mobile running QBs don't last too long in this league. 

It's sad when great college pocket passing QBs are now overlooked because they don't have a fast 40 time or make a living scrambling. 

There will always be a home for great pocket PASSING QBs who don't need to run because they see the game better than anyone. 

Mac Jones is going to become a great one and we just better hope he doesn't fall into Bill Belichick's lap because Bill obviously hates coaching washed up Newton @ only 31... And would mold Mac Jones into greatness as a pure pocket passing machine.