It’s Mac Jones

QB1

20 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Please no:

-Alabama Qb’s

-USC QBs

-Qbs That already sustained shoulder injuries on their throwing arm 

you don't like alabama qb's?  starr?  namath?  stabler?  and now tua and hurts?   not. bad representation and good success.  and note i've left off todd.

• Upvote 1

On 12/26/2020 at 10:38 AM, rangerous said:

you don't like alabama qb's?  starr?  namath?  stabler?  and now tua and hurts?   not. bad representation and good success.  and note i've left off todd.

Please.  Starr, Namath, and Stabler went to Alabama 50+ years ago and played for Bryant. Saban's Alabama teams do not produce good NFL  QBs.  TUa and Hurts crapped the bed this week.    All the others are gone or carrying clip boards

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Bugg said:

https://rolltide.com/sports/football/roster/mac-jones/6336  6'3" with a frame to add muscle. Nagging sense he might be the choice with the "Seattle" pick. 

I think he’s the perfect guy to target there. I have just as much faith in him as I do any of the top 5 QB’s after Lawrence. I don’t remember anybody downplaying Burrow’s success last year because he was surrounded by great players 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, cant wait said:

What about his performance are you not happy with? He’s 23/28 for 287 and 4 TD’s through 3 

More afraid of how good of a situation he’s in making it hard to really know. And I am not sure about his arm strength. I really like the kid though .

1 minute ago, QB1 said:

More afraid of how good of a situation he’s in making it hard to really know. And I am not sure about his arm strength. I really like the kid though .

I’m just saying he does what he’s supposed to do and his pocket presence is underrated. He’s not Mahomes but if he can win a title I don’t see why he deserves to be rated so much lower than Burrow was considering the talent level of that LSU squad

4 minutes ago, cant wait said:

I’m just saying he does what he’s supposed to do and his pocket presence is underrated. He’s not Mahomes but if he can win a title I don’t see why he deserves to be rated so much lower than Burrow was considering the talent level of that LSU squad

Agree with the Burrow part

14 minutes ago, cant wait said:

This is whyD6096FE0-7B1B-4DEB-8D58-1FE8D97E825D.thumb.png.d31b48c9c6aa8fafd06742c2ea02ea85.png

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

He's not having a bad game but he doesn't strike me as someone I want to draft in the first either. He's got the best RB, the best WR, and a group of OL that is supposed to be the best unit in the country. I understand the concern some have given the situation.

Yea man but the same can be said about Mahomes in KC but at the end of the day that's the goal. To surround your QB with talent. What's the point of having WR/RB/O-Line talent if you have a QB who can't do anything with it? 

This kid is currently @ 26/31 for 303 passing yards and 4 TDs/0 INT during the playoffs against a #4 team. 

I've been saying it for months on end Mac Jones is the best QB outside of Trevor Lawrence. Yes he has A+ talent but he knows what to do with it. 

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

This is whyD6096FE0-7B1B-4DEB-8D58-1FE8D97E825D.thumb.png.d31b48c9c6aa8fafd06742c2ea02ea85.png

Thanks that’s actually interesting I haven’t seen that. But I don’t know how much to value those numbers, first of all the sample size isn’t equal and the plays Sarkisian are calling just results in a lot of wide open looks for guys. I would point to things like his footwork, accuracy, pocket presence and understanding where the rush is coming from as traits that would at least translate to a decently high floor at the next level even if his arm talent doesn’t jump out at you

11 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Thanks that’s actually interesting I haven’t seen that. But I don’t know how much to value those numbers, first of all the sample size isn’t equal and the plays Sarkisian are calling just results in a lot of wide open looks for guys. I would point to things like his footwork, accuracy, pocket presence and understanding where the rush is coming from as traits that would at least translate to a decently high floor at the next level even if his arm talent doesn’t jump out at you

I like Mac Jones. My problem with Mac Jones is what do you do with him when it’s 4 years later and he’s only Jimmy Garroppolo.

On 12/25/2020 at 12:35 PM, Losmeister said:

i would not. however , i am crazy curious to see if he pans out. bein a bama fan and all.

If a Bama and Jets fan doesn't want him, I certainly don't

I'm a PSU fan and knew on draft night that Hack would be a super bust. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/25/2020 at 1:17 PM, QB1 said:

He’s the guy I would draft other than Lawrence of course 

looks like a young Tom Brady in the pocket with Rivers accuracy on the deep ball. 

if he blows up the playoff and wins the Natty I could see a joe burrow type rise 

plus seems like an awesome awesome kid 

dime package 

interview 

How it started. 

51 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Yea not a super impressive performance. I’d pass until the 3rd round 

How it’s going.