Trade up for Trevor?

joewilly12

Just now, joewilly12 said:

IF the Jacksonville Jaguars get the #1 pick and the NY Jets organization wants Trevor Lawrence why not make them an offer that they cant refuse. 

The NY Jets 2 -1st round picks and 2nd round pick. 

Im not saying I would do this just for discussion. 

It would cost more. And they still wouldn’t say yes. Franchise QB > a bunch of premium picks. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

IF the Jacksonville Jaguars get the #1 pick and the NY Jets organization wants Trevor Lawrence why not make them an offer that they cant refuse. 

Add in our two 2022 first rounders and maybe Jax picks up the phone 

I would give up four 1st round picks for him (two this year and two next year) but unfortunately JAX still wouldn't bite. 

We could offer our next 10 years worth of picks and JAX would still draft him; that's how much of a can't miss generational prospect this kid is. 

Fortunately we won't have to because Jax is going beat Chicago. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I would give up four 1st round picks for him (two this year and two next year) but unfortunately JAX still wouldn't bite. 

We could offer our next 10 years worth of picks and JAX would still draft him; that's how much of a can't miss generational prospect this kid is. 

Agree on all. I even got a free weeks trial of CBS All Access so I can stream Jags Bears Sunday. 

Jags win and we get to spend several days screaming about James Morgan starting. 

• Sympathy 1

.....The Chiefs would GLADLY have traded their next 10 first round picks for Pat Mahomes.  If you asked a Bills fan if they'd want the Jets next 10 1st and 2nds for Josh Allen, they'd laugh at you.

There is nothing in the NFL as valuable as a franchise QB..and if you think you can get on in the draft, you aren't trading that pick away.  

Don't worry Jets fans.....Zach Wilson will have won the hype battle leading up to the draft and may well be a good consolation prize.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope. Senor small town Jesus lover can go to Jacksonville and rot for all I care.

5 minutes ago, JetsFan1986 said:

No.  If we have to trade up for him then we will have nothing to help build around him.  That’s had been the issue with Sam.  The kid had no supporting cast and no coaching To build around him 

So you agree the NY Jets failed Sam Darnold on all levels. 

30 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

If they beat Jax, send me your address, I will send you a $100 check. You are giving me hope Mr. DWC. Tell me why Jags will be Bears? They aren't dumb. They will rest starters second half if they are up first half. 

• Sympathy 1

No, honestly I would just keep my draft picks if I were Joe Douglas. It would cost too much to move up only one spot and the Jets can’t afford that right now, way too many holes in the roster. 

57 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

It would cost more. And they still wouldn’t say yes. Franchise QB > a bunch of premium picks. 

Way too early to call him a franchise quarterback for all we know he can end up being a bust and not panning out in the NFL. 

52 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And what if Trevor is not that good. What if he is Matt Stafford. You set the franchise back 15 years

• Thumb Down 2

32 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

If they beat Jax, send me your address, I will send you a $100 check. You are giving me hope Mr. DWC. Tell me why Jags will be Bears? They aren't dumb. They will rest starters second half if they are up first half. 

Because it's destiny. 

In all seriousness Chicago is a team who just came off a 6 game losing streak (they can be beaten especially on the road while looking ahead to Green Bay of week 17). 

Their QB Mitch was drafted 4 years ago and has more multiple INT games (10) than even our very own Sam Darnold (9); he can easily crap the bed with playoff pressure on the line @ JAX. That's what I'm mostly counting and banking on. 

They are also absolutely banged up on defense too especially in their secondary. Their starting CB has already been ruled out @ JAX and even their Nickel Back is Buster Skrine lol who's also ruled out (they'll be with 3 backups in their secondary @ JAX). Minshew will throw 4 TDs against them. 

And their 3 most dominant players in Allen Robinson (WR), Khalil Mack (Edge) and Akiem Hicks (DT) have all missed practices this week and are all listed as questionable for Sunday's game @ JAX; I'm hoping that Chicago's coaching staff over looks the Jaguars and rest's these 3 players out of caution. 

But even if all 3 play Chicago can still lose to Jax because A.) It's DA BEARS and B.) It'll be a Jaxy thing to do. 

Keep the $100 my dude. Use to to get yourself a Trevor Lawrence 2021 Jets jersey. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

https://www.avforums.com/attachments/561d1fd500421-gif.635297/

• Upvote 1

Well, that's an offer they would refuse. 

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

And what if Trevor is not that good. What if he is Matt Stafford. You set the franchise back 15 years

He is that good. He's one of the greatest I've ever watched coming out as an ACC crazed fan of FSU. 

And what if he's not good? JAX would still love to find out. 

And I'd do a Ricky Williams for him but he's so good Jax isn't buying. 

Because the Jags need. QB?

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

Are you really that oblivious? Which team are you a GM for that qualifies you that they would take that deal?

This is the dumbest thing I've seen posted here and this board has DWC on it. 

Read my post again when you are sober. 

IF 

Happy Holidays