Jaguars do what Joe Douglas and Chris Johnson were to cowardly to do. Glennon is named starter vs Bears. Update James Robinson to miss game as well.

Jetsbb

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If Morgan is so bad that can’t hand off for a few games then Douglas shouldn’t be the GM. So lose/lose here.

I’ve read he doesn’t belong anywhere near a football field. I think it would have been impossible to sell to the other players. Starting a QB who has earned nothing over Darnold and Flacco. But again I don’t care. Should have gone the distance. Look at Jax. Kudos

Just now, KINGDIRK said:

I’ve read he doesn’t belong anywhere near a football field. I think it would have been impossible to sell to the other players. Starting a QB who has earned nothing over Darnold and Flacco. But again I don’t care. Should have gone the distance. Look at Jax. Kudos

If he doesn’t belong anywhere near the field then that’s an indictment on Douglas. Everything is disjointed.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, heymangold said:

We also know that Douglas isn’t the head coach, right?  The way this organization is set up, he has zero power to tell Gase to sit anyone.  Again, not like it mattered.  The Jets won cause the Rams treated this game like an exhibition. 

He can't tell Gase to sit anyone but yet he made sure to sign Frank Gore for Adam Gase? 

I was one of the people that argued hard for Sam's 6-2 finish last year.  "Hey, the kid is only 22 YO.  He was sick the first half of the season.  A lot of players got hurt early, etc., etc"

Even this year I was still arguing in week 2-3 that he was going to bounce back. "Give the kid a chance"

At this point I really think it is a disservice to Sam to bring him back as the starter next season.  A lot of what happened this year is on him. He just didn't play well under duress...........again .  A LARGE portion of the Jets' fan base has turned on him.  If he opens next season the way he has opened the last two, 0-fer, the fan base is going to drive him out  the way Geno, Sanchez, and Chad left town.  Hated and the butt of jokes for years to come.

IMO, there are at least 3 QB's in this draft with better skills then Sam.  Take one of them.

Sam's a nice kid.  Let him leave town with some dignity

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I didn't develop the coaching structure. The flaccid Johnsons did. 

How does the fan base push back against what’s clearly wrong? People are legit advocating for Marvin Lewis. It’s hard to win when the fans buy the BS ownership is selling. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If he doesn’t belong anywhere near the field then that’s an indictment on Douglas. Everything is disjointed.

I think that’s a bit of a hot take. I didn’t like the pick either (not suggest I Morgan will ever develop) but some guys are developmental prospects that take time. 

Moot at this point. We didn’t go full tank and Jax will reap the benefits.

The Jets were 0-13 with Darnold and Flacco. If the tank isn't broke, don't fix it. How would starting James Morgan be the right choice if our current starter stinks to high heaven? If you want to blame someone, blame the Rams for sh*tting the bed. You can't expect professional football players who are playing for their next contract to tank. This isn't Madden, and this isn't Fantasy Football. 

• Upvote 1

How does the fan base push back against what’s clearly wrong? People are legit advocating for Marvin Lewis. It’s hard to win when the fans buy the BS ownership is selling. 

Don't watch the game, and don't buy merchandise. Go on social media and voice your displeasure. The Johnson's are businessmen and will respond to loss of revenue. 

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No it isn't, it is an idiotic organizational structure.

The GM SHOULD be higher on the org chart than a coach.

The GM SHOULD be able to fire the coach by himself.

It’s honestly all idiotic but I say even more so jets fans because these are the same geniuses who not only understand our crooked organization order from the very start but they are the same ones saying Darnold was perfect guy for the tank.

50 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

man f this team. Douglas had an opportunity and he blew it. Props to Jacksonville for at least having a vision and giving the fans what they want.

You're assuming JD has control over who plays on Sundays. You clearly aren't considering the stupid power structure which the Jets* employ with regard to the HC and GM..

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Don't watch the game, and don't buy merchandise. Go on social media and voice your displeasure. The Johnson's are businessmen and will respond to loss of revenue. 

Every team gets 1/32 of the NFL's annual media contracts.   That's the lion's share of the revenue the Johnson's receive annually.  Half full stadium?  Fans not buying merchandise?  They could give two sh*ts.  

Plus, and this is truly huge, Woody bought the team for $635 million in 2000.  Guess what it's worth now.....$3.55 BILLION.  Fans can yell, scream and protest all they want.  It literally does not matter to Woody.  He's sitting on a mint and could cash out tomorrow no matter how abysmal the Jets continue to be.

Just now, munchmemory said:

Every team gets 1/32 of the NFL's annual media contracts.   That's the lion's share of the revenue the Johnson's receive annually.  Half full stadium?  Fans not buying merchandise?  They could give two sh*ts.  

Plus, and this is truly huge, Woody bought the team for $635 million in 2000.  Guess what it's worth now.....$3.55 BILLION.  Fans can yell, scream and protest all they want.  It literally does not matter to Woody.  He's sitting on a mint and could cash out tomorrow no matter how abysmal the Jets continue to be.

That's not at all how billionaires think, which is why they are billionaires. Every penny counts to them. Every dollar lost at the concession stand is important to them. Jersey sales and merchandise sales are important to them. They paid a firm to hire a GM and coach. They care.

A winning franchise increases the value of the team. They suck at running a football organization, but they care deeply about the team's financial success. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

F this as$hole. 

What are the players supposed to do? Try and lose? I was devastated by the win over the Rams but should the players not be happy? Should the coaches be angry? Even really $bitty teams work hard preparing for games. 

Again I’m pissed they won. But that’s life. I’ve been saying for two months to anyone who would listen, 0-16 is nearly impossible. 

I’m furious 1-15 potentially means the 2nd pick. But this woman sounds like a fing doofus. We weren’t allowed to simply forfeit. F her.

You start the QB the GM drafted in the 4th friggin round to get him snaps while also securing the tank. It’s not that hard. The majority of this roster isn’t going to be back anyways. The team BLOWS. The entire defense aside from Williams is going to be replaced sooner or later. I’m sorry, but hurt feelings of millionaire athletes...they’ll get over it. The Jets will never get over losing out on Lawerence.

• Upvote 1

You start the QB the GM drafted in the 4th friggin round to get him snaps while also securing the tank. It’s not that hard. The majority of this roster isn’t going to be back anyways. The team BLOWS. The entire defense aside from Williams is going to be replaced sooner or later. I’m sorry, but hurt feelings of millionaire athletes...they’ll get over it. The Jets will never get over losing out on Lawerence.

How does benching a QB who was winless secure the tank?