Saturday Games 12/26

Anthony Jet

Awful defense by Raiders just giving them the win but that's why it was so STUPID for Jacobs to continue falling down at the 1 instead of just scoring a TD! With under 1:00 left they refused 7 just to get 3. 

Take these data analytics out of the game and go with common sense. Raiders score a TD instead of intensionally having Jacobs fall to the ground and Miami would've just lost. 

Why let a FG.... Beat you?!?

Now when they announce Fitz as the starting QB next week, he will go on to throw 5 picks haha

Man Gruden with the ******* pussy ball.  What analytics tells you to kick the FG in that situation when you have the TD with less than 90 seconds left for Miami with no timeouts to have to score a TD instead of a FG with 24 seconds left.  Just common sense imo to take the TD not settle for the FG in this specific situation.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Same. Same. I want to die. 

My gut all week said roll with Wilson and Gaskin instead, as I hated both matchups for Swift and Jacobs, but I deferred to projections like a coward.

I’ve won enough championships to know better. Oh well. 100% On me.

?‍♂️

Just now, long time suffering Jets f said:

Fitzmagic and the Dolphins just pulled a game out of their ass. I wish we had a winning QB.

We did. Back in 2015, but Mac refused to pay him until the 11th hour, sh*t all over the season, drafted Safeties and DTs, rolled with Josh McCown, all while neglecting the offense for the 20 year old kid he would pay a ransom for.

GIF by FirstAndMonday

1 minute ago, StrawberryFields said:

What is he going to do? His defense stinks and he knows it. If he gave Fitzy 90 seconds he would have scored a TD. 

He would have had to score a Td.  As opposed to having to gain a whopping 30 or 40 yards.  If your defense can't stop anything it is worse to let a team bet you without going the whole field.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

He would have had to score a Td.  As opposed to having to gain a whopping 30 or 40 yards.  If your defense can't stop anything it is worse to let a team bet you without going the whole field.

Fitz was moving down the field like he was playing against air. They weren’t stopping him in a 2 minute drill. 

It was just as tough for him to gain 40 yards on two plays. 

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

My gut all week said roll with Wilson and Gaskin instead, as I hated both matchups for Swift and Jacobs, but I deferred to projections like a coward.

I’ve won enough championships to know better. Oh well. 100% On me.

?‍♂️

Yeah. Listening to my gut got me to the ship. Rolling with the guys that got me there may cost me it. 

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, StrawberryFields said:

Fitz was moving down the field like he was playing against air. They weren’t stopping him in a 2 minute drill. 

It was just as tough for him to gain 40 yards on two plays. 

This is a wrong and bad take. They could have taken the TD and gone for two and if they got it would have been up 7. And Miami would have had a minute left with only really a chance to tie at the worst case scenario or had to score a TD to win if they didn’t get the 2. Terrible coaching. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

The Raiders got what they deserve. You can’t forgo a TD for a FG. Even if you score the touchdown with an additional 40 seconds! You have to make the Dolphins drive the entire field. Horrible job by Gruden!

HE STOPPED THE CLOCK TWICE WHEN MIAMI COULDNT????
HE COULDA KICKED A FG WITH 3 secs remaining!!!