#/!# Jets vs Browns - Discussion Thread #/!#

Maxman

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Even if I play along with your completely unrealistic scenario that Gase is retained, do you really think he'd bring in any kind of a serious OC?  He wants a coffee boy like Loggains, who he can trample over.

He will be smart enough to know that he can have a very successful career as a head coach if he finds a great offensive coordinator.  Half the HC's in the NFL don't call their own plays.  

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

As for free-agency, you know perfectly well that you don't build a team that way.  

Kevin Mawae says hello.  No flash-in-the-pan types.  4th year guys with another 6 to go.

SAR I

Just now, GothamLurker said:

I like the fight this team is giving. It is inspiring for the next season.

Yep! Just like last season when they turned it around and won 7 of their last 8. It set them up for success this season. You can't overestimate the value these wins have on the future!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Mims needs to get involved today, he's invisible.  Meanwhile perriman looks disinterested.  You resign crowder for sure as a security blanket, then draft. 

The schmuck said this this week!

Adam Gase on Jets WR Denzel Mims: 'He's Grown and Matured Very Quickly'

Just now, shevys said:

Right. Sure. Would it have helped if Permian actually looked for the ball in his vicinity?

To make that catch he would have had to stop and turn to look behind him. Sam should have reacted sooner and then it would have been a easy completion! 

1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

Enjoy the win.  This is Gase and Darnold giving it their all to screw the Jets fan base.  Gase is getting his revenge and leaving his mark on Jets fans for correctly illustrating him as the worst coach in team history.   And we see Darnold showing his appreciated for the fan base replacing him with Trevor Lawrence.

Those two losers have not the skill or motive to win otherwise with any regularity. 

Abd worst of all... For those who had hope that Joe Douglas was actually in charge and with a plan. for the future.  Guess again.  

If that was actually the case, the Jets would never have won the Rams game or this Browns game.

The Jets and their fans come away from this season with NOTHING.  Not even a bright future.  Just a horrid season and the promise of my of the same to come.

And.... Gase and Darnold get to crap on your floor before they leave the building...

Browns are down a ton of starters. Really we *should* win this game. Don’t be silly, like Darnold should try to suck? Wha5 do you expect. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

How about you stop acting like you watch film all week and support your head coach.  He is getting his players to give huge effort against all odds and playoff caliber competition.  Gase is tough-as-nails and his players believe in him.  Exactly what we need in a town like this.

SAR I

Agreed. Have a good offseason and we'll continue this win streak into next season.

Hope the Bills enjoy their one season of winning the East because we'll be beating up on them in 2021

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Xtina said:

It’s the same players now as earlier in the season. So his genius coaching only applies to the last two weeks 

The injured players are back and up to speed.  And don't forget getting rid of Gregg Williams.

Fun Fact:  As it stands now, the New York Jets would have finished the year 6-10 if Gregg Williams defense can do its job and protect leads with under a minute left in each.  Denver, New England, Vegas were all W's in the bag.  Los Angeles, Cleveland, and New England all happened (if one expects a win today and next week).

6-10 is exactly where the experts said we would be back in June, before the opt outs, the injuries, Darnold busting, etc.  That is a good job by Adam Gase.  A great job, in fact.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The injured players are back and up to speed.  And don't forget getting rid of Gregg Williams.

Fun Fact:  As it stands now, the New York Jets would have finished the year 6-10 if Gregg Williams defense can do its job and protect leads with under a minute left in each.  Denver, New England, Vegas were all W's in the bag.  Los Angeles, Cleveland, and New England all happened (if one expects a win today and next week).

6-10 is exactly where the experts said we would be back in June, before the opt outs, the injuries, Darnold busting, etc.  That is a good job by Adam Gase.  A great job, in fact.

SAR I

I mean... wow

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, K Clue said:

To make that catch he would have had to stop and turn to look behind him. Sam should have reacted sooner and then it would have been a easy completion! 

Not every throw is going to hit exactly on the numbers. Our “number one” receiver should be able to adjust. Today he has sucked. Yeah 

Just now, SAR I said:

SAR I

jim GIF

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ausman said:

Oh, he ll, if he were a #1 receiver he makes that catch anyway.

Everyone knows Perriman isn’t a number one WR and never will be, but Sam reacted and threw that ball late. On a play like that you shouldn’t have to stop and turn to catch a ball slightly behind you.. if Sam hit Perriman at the right time it would have been a complete pass for some decent yardage. 

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He will be smart enough to know that he can have a very successful career as a head coach if he finds a great offensive coordinator.  Half the HC's in the NFL don't call their own plays.  

Kevin Mawae says hello.  No flash-in-the-pan types.  4th year guys with another 6 to go.

SAR I

If Gase wanted a real OC, he wouldn't have brought his coffee boy with him to NY from Miami.

As for free-agency, Kevin Mawae was the exception.  Most Jet free agents are a lot more like Trumaine Johnson and Le'veon Bell.