#/!# Jets vs Browns - Discussion Thread #/!#

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^Cost us Trevor Lawrence.

So to be clear, the recent streak of Jets plays: Jets call TO, because they nearly get a delay after Browns' TO. Throw it away to stop the clock for the Browns. Delay of game on obvious

I have to admit, there is a lot of satisfaction at seeing Baker Mayfield fail.  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

what ridiculous luck this franchise has that in a season where the Jets are one of the most putrid football teams in the HISTORY of the NFL with a chance at a generational QB that there is another team that is just as bad if not worse. How does that happen?!?!?!

Welcome aboard

1 minute ago, genot said:

Who we' re the open receivers. Mims was blanketed the whole game. Perriman is a goner. You think he's good. Do you.

He missed Perriman a few times just to name one, I don’t think he’s good, but Sam is not helping with his inconsistent throws and terrible accuracy.  

Are you a Darnold defender? 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It wasnt a lateral. The ball never hit the ground though. Im asking why you cant advance a ball that never hits the ground. 

It was a fumble regardless if it hit the ground or not and offensive team can't advance that unless guy that fumbled it recovered it. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It’s an old rule.  Inside two minutes only the person that fumbled can advance the ball.  The ball was recovered by Hunt and automatically blown dead.

Think I recall that it was The Snake, Stabler, who intentionally fumbled the ball forward and caused this dumb rule to be put into play.  I watched the game.  Think it was late 70s.

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

what ridiculous luck this franchise has that in a season where the Jets are one of the most putrid football teams in the HISTORY of the NFL with a chance at a generational QB that there is another team that is just as bad if not worse. How does that happen?!?!?!

Because the Jets of 2020 weren't a 0 win team.  

Deal with it, accept it and the rest goes away.  They weren't losing games on purpose.

• Upvote 4
Just now, munchmemory said:

Think I recall that it was The Snake, Stabler, who intentionally fumbled the ball forward and caused this dumb rule to be put into play.  I watched the game.  Think it was late 70s.

Exactly.  

Pushing the ball forward, an intentional fumble being allowed is even dumber.  

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, genot said:

A lame dodge about the quality if the outside receivers that he's throwing too

I can think the weapons have been lacking and that Sam Darnold looks like trash at the same time.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, JetsFan1986 said:

Yeah heart.  I respect players who don’t lie down like dogs.  I have zero respect for organizations that willingly tank 

I see. So you respect organizations that have had losing records for the last 5 years, have had 2 of the worst GM's in NFL history and two of the worst HC's that have gone 31-55 with no playoff appearance.  It's amazing how some people just compromise themselves. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

It's a good rule, as it prevents a player knowing that he is going to be short, just fumbling.

4th and one, youre caught behind the line of scrimmage by a good defensive play and youre going to come up short, just fumble it forward and cross your fingers that your team recovers for a 1st down would be a better play? 

1 minute ago, K Clue said:

He missed Perriman a few times just to name one, I don’t think he’s good, but Sam is not helping with his inconsistent throws and terrible accuracy.  

Are you a Darnold defender? 

I think Darnold will be a top 10 QB in this league. All those throws to Perriman are caught by a quality starter in this league. I tell ya what. When Douglas tells Perriman to find work elsewhere, maybe you'll understand

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, Wonderboy said:

I see. So you respect organizations that have had losing records for the last 5 years, have had 2 of the worst GM's in NFL history and two of the worst HC's that have gone 31-55 with no playoff appearance.  It's amazing how some people just compromise themselves. 

No I just don’t applaud teams that lose on purpose.  That’s a p#ssy move.  Plus the players are competitive they don’t bust their ass just to lose 

• Upvote 1