#/!# Jets vs Browns - Discussion Thread #/!#

Maxman

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

That's not it.  As I said earlier, we get snake bit by this b/s all the time, too.   It's an NFL fan issue, not a Jet fan one.

I really cant begin to understand why we're arguing against a long standing rule to prevent something worse from happening, thats all

• Upvote 3

Just now, Welp said:

Darnold and Perriman don’t even seem to be on the same page. There was a couple of throws where Perriman wasn’t even looking. Probably why Darnold is also constantly going to Crowder.

Yup.  Perriman should have got a couple of those.  One was a bit far but not an impossible catch to make 

Just now, JetsFan1986 said:

Yup.  Perriman should have got a couple of those.  One was a bit far but not an impossible catch to make 

We really need to open the bank vault for Allen Robinson.  Offer him the biggest WR contract in the NFL.  Only way he decides to come here.

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Think I recall that it was The Snake, Stabler, who intentionally fumbled the ball forward and caused this dumb rule to be put into play.  I watched the game.  Think it was late 70s.

The dumb rule was allowing players to purposely fumble the ball in order to advance it. In what way is this rule dumb, or was it that it helped the Jets that was dumb?

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This rule fixed the previous problem of players intentionally fumbling in order to advance the ball. This rule makes COMPLETE sense. 

So on the final play of the game, players can pitch the ball back, throw it across the field, kick it around, etc.  and that's legit.   But to make a play by intentionally fumbling it forward is no good.  Okay.

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Beating two playoff teams in successive weeks?  With a mountain of injuries and a bust QB? 

Hell yes, that's where a good football coach is going.

SAR I

Cool, maybe he can get a job folding players laundry next year now

1 minute ago, JetsFan1986 said:

This season we had a brutal schedule.  Plus a few games that we should have won like the Raider game.  I agree this year sucked but with plenty of picks/cash and a new coach we can turn it around Soon I feel 

Brutal schedule?  Are we not expected to ever win games unless we're playing against tomato cans?

So next season we're not expected to win games against teams like Miami and Buffalo?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, K Clue said:

He missed Perriman a few times just to name one, I don’t think he’s good, but Sam is not helping with his inconsistent throws and terrible accuracy.  

Are you a Darnold defender? 

He played ok but he did make some inaccurate throws to Perriman. I understand both sides of the argument about whether Darnold is good enough. Other QB's make the players around them better. I don't think he is capable of doing this. I think for him to be successful he needs to be surrounded by more talent. We have the draft picks and cap space to get this done and I think they will. 

1 minute ago, genot said:

I think Darnold will be a top 10 QB in this league. All those throws to Perriman are caught by a quality starter in this league. I tell ya what. When Douglas tells Perriman to find work elsewhere, maybe you'll understand

All those throws are easy to make for an AVERAGE starting QB in this league and Darnold can’t even make them, so what does that say about Darnold? That he is below average and terrible! 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JetsFan1986 said:

No I just don’t applaud teams that lose on purpose.  That’s a p#ssy move.  Plus the players are competitive they don’t bust their ass just to lose 

Say what you want about Gase and I’ve said plenty, none of it good.  But his players play for him.  No quit.  Says something for their character, but maybe also his too.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Brutal schedule?  Are we not expected to ever win games unless we're playing against tomato cans?

So next season we're not expected to win games against teams like Miami and Buffalo?

You misunderstood me.  In fact I said I agree with you but I do think we can turn this around quicker with the assets we have coming in the draft and FA

Just now, ausman said:

Say what you want about Gase and I’ve said plenty, none of it good.  But his players play for him.  No quit.  Says something for their character, but maybe also his too.

Yeah I mean I hate Gase.  I never wanted him here and he had hurt Sam by his own admission.  But I’m not gonna yet on him for trying to win games 

4 minutes ago, genot said:

I think Darnold will be a top 10 QB in this league. All those throws to Perriman are caught by a quality starter in this league. I tell ya what. When Douglas tells Perriman to find work elsewhere, maybe you'll understand

What gives you the idea that Darnold is a top 10 QB? If you said top 26, you might have a point. Darnold does not make good decisions with the ball. That is not on poor receivers. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I wasn't arguing.  Just expressing my opinion on the rule.  You questioned it.  Cool that we disagree. 

I didnt mean argue in a bad sense, more like debate.  Im sorry I dont get the point of debating the pretty obvious reasons why you cant advance a fumble 

• Sympathy 1

Easy to play hard for someone when there is nothing to play for and the majority of the roster won’t be in the league next year.

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

He played ok but he did make some inaccurate throws to Perriman. I understand both sides of the argument about whether Darnold is good enough. Other QB's make the players around them better. I don't think he is capable of doing this. I think for him to be successful he needs to be surrounded by more talent. We have the draft picks and cap space to get this done and I think they will. 

I think we've ruined Sam.  His first year he showed potential but then this inept franchise gave him absolutely no help and put Adam Gase in charge of him.  I love that people are excited about these 2 wins.  Talk about low expectations!

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

He played okay in the first half, but than looked lost in the second. It’s just hard for me to get behind giving him another year and I know everyone says look at Tannehill as an example, but he was already better than Sam at this point in his career even when he was coached by Gase. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, K Clue said:

He played okay in the first half, but than looked lost in the second. It’s just hard for me to get behind giving him another year and I know everyone says look at Tannehill as an example, but he was already better than Sam at this point in his career even when he was coached by Gase. 

No he wasn’t.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

No worries, man.  I never take this stuff personally.

I get worked up, too, with some of these rules.  We're cool.

The rule is fine, make the first down and if you fumble and recover you still have the first down. 

Rule designed b/c it would be near impossible to decide "intent"  on plays if the HC/OC says to the team

" if you're short just fumble, maybe we'll recover and get it"

you look at that Raiders play and its a joke.

But if you did more subtly and it worked???

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

So on the final play of the game, players can pitch the ball back, throw it across the field, kick it around, etc.  and that's legit.   But to make a play by intentionally fumbling it forward is no good.  Okay.

I give you credit for standing your ground on a point where you are so wrong. You can't kick around a ball around on the last play of the game.

• Upvote 1