#/!# Jets vs Browns - Discussion Thread #/!#

Maxman

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think we've ruined Sam.  His first year he showed potential but then this inept franchise gave him absolutely no help and put Adam Gase in charge of him.  I love that people are excited about these 2 wins.  Talk about low expectations!

The team has played much better the last month. They should have won 3 of the last 4. With TL out of the equation and it being such a miserable year why not get excited about today's win and beating the Browns. I am excited about the roster upgrades that are sure to come.  Gase gone, tons of cap space, and 6 picks in top 100. We have to get over not getting TL. It's over. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JetsFan1986 said:

No I just don’t applaud teams that lose on purpose.  That’s a p#ssy move.  Plus the players are competitive they don’t bust their ass just to lose 

Nobody loses on purpose. They just suck which you refuse to admit.  There is no ifs ands or buts about it.  Gase is a horrible head coach. Darnold is nothing more, at best, than an average QB.  This roster is deplorable.  It will take years to make this team competitive and a playoff contender.  Winning a few meaningless games, that they nearly gave away LOL, is just that, meaningless.  Both these wins were against flat teams and they still almost lost.  The Raider loss alone was totally unacceptable and warranted Gase being fired. Any self respectable owner doesn't tolerate that and fires a head coach after such an imbecilic oversight. Unless drastic changes are made, nothing changes. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

The team has played much better the last month. They should have won 3 of the last 4. With TL out of the equation and it being such a miserable year why not get excited about today's win and beating the Browns. I am excited about the roster upgrades that are sure to come.  Gase gone, tons of cap space, and 6 picks in top 100. We have to get over not getting TL. It's over. 

We beat a team that lost their top 4 WRs and 2 of their OL and we're 2-13.  I'm absolutely thrilled about it!

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

What gives you the idea that Darnold is a top 10 QB? If you said top 26, you might have a point. Darnold does not make good decisions with the ball. That is not on poor receivers. 

He's not a top 10 QB.He will be when we surround him with receivers who can get open and catch the ball. Something he doesn't have now. 

Just now, ausman said:

No he wasn’t.  

Yes, he most definitely was... go compare their stats. Tannehill had 63 passing touchdowns and 32 interceptions in his first three seasons, while Sam’s first three seasons he only has 44 touchdowns and 37 interceptions.

4 minutes ago, genot said:

He's not a top 10 QB.He will be when we surround him with receivers who can get open and catch the ball. Something he doesn't have now. 

What gives you the impression that receivers is what is preventing Darnold from being a good QB? Does a good receiver prevent him from running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage when the ball should have been thrown into the stands? Do good receivers throw and catch the ball for themselves when Darnold misses his reads? 

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Broncos
Patriots
Raiders

Those were all W's with blown leads in the last 30 seconds of the games.

Rams
Browns
Patriots

Those were all W's for real.

The 6-10 ceiling and 5-11 prediction that most experts had for us back in June?  Before opt outs, injuries, and Darnold busting?  Well, Adam Gase achieved that with a ton of injuries and missing playmakers.  That's a good job all around.  Give your head coach credit.

SAR I

Maybe the guys like Gase, but he simply cannot coach on game day. He has zero ability to make in game adjustments, which is what the best coaches do. He should be shown the door and maybe if he's lucky he'll get a job in college football some day. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm just not going to get excited over winning meaningless late season games again.  

Nobody is saying you should be excited.  But players aren’t going to lose on purpose.  I have no respect for teams that willingly tank.  I feel that a disservice to the players and fans 

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

What gives you the impression that receivers is what is preventing Darnold from being a good QB? Does a good receiver prevent him from running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage when the ball should have been thrown into the stands? Do good receivers throw and catch the ball for themselves when Darnold misses his reads? 

Look at Mayfield. He had crap to throw to. And he didn't look good. We don't know about proper reads. Receivers need to run correct routes. QB' s need to know what his WR is going to do when a play breaks down. Darnold can't rely on a raw rookie and a stone hand, lazy bust, which is what Perriman is.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm just not going to get excited over winning meaningless late season games again.  

I hear ya but last year all those wins in second half came against crap teams and Buffalo's second and third string. Im not as excited about the wins as I am about the off season and no Gase. We have some decent young pieces and I trust JD to add some quality talent to this roster via the draft and FA. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

what ridiculous luck this franchise has that in a season where the Jets are one of the most putrid football teams in the HISTORY of the NFL with a chance at a generational QB that there is another team that is just as bad if not worse. How does that happen?!?!?!

The thing is, that's just not true. Now that the team is healthy enough we aren't one of the worst teams in history like we were until this month. I've said this a bunch of times already - you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you are banking on getting the #1 pick before the last 3 games of the season. Everyone was way too premature about getting the #1 pick before we had even played 8 games. It's almost impossible to lose every game and we didn't. Jacksonville sucks - they had an easier schedule than we did and could only win one game. It's very possible Wilson or Fields ends up the best QB in this class. No-one knows yet - all these QBs are very young and all of them throw to wide open receivers every week.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, genot said:

Look at Mayfield. He had crap to throw to. And he didn't look good. We don't know about proper reads. Receivers need to run correct routes. QB' s need to know what his WR is going to do when a play breaks down. Darnold can't rely on a raw rookie and a stone hand, lazy bust, which is what Perriman is.

Look at one game from Mayfield? I can give you twenty games from Darnold where he looks clueless. The lack of receivers is not Darnold's issue. He doesn't make good decisions. 

• Upvote 1

A good receiver is able to get open and be where he should be on each individual play. When the play breaks down a good receiver works back to the QB and tries to get open and give him a place to throw. Look at the WRs that have been on the field this year for the Jets, then look at all the successful teams and their receivers. The Jets have no number 1 and at best just one number 2. I'm just saying that Darnold would most likely be better with better players around him.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using JetNation.com mobile app

6 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

The thing is, that's just not true. Now that the team is healthy enough we aren't one of the worst teams in history like we were until this month. I've said this a bunch of times already - you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you are banking on getting the #1 pick before the last 3 games of the season. Everyone was way too premature about getting the #1 pick before we had even played 8 games. It's almost impossible to lose every game and we didn't. Jacksonville sucks - they had an easier schedule than we did and could only win one game. It's very possible Wilson or Fields ends up the best QB in this class. No-one knows yet - all these QBs are very young and all of them throw to wide open receivers every week.

Exactly.  People forget all the injuries we had.  Let’s be honest the Raider game was a gift to the tank crowd because there was no reason why they should have lost that game 

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Look at one game from Mayfield? I can give you twenty games from Darnold where he looks clueless. The lack of receivers is not Darnold's issue. He doesn't make good decisions. 

If Mayfield had what Darnold has had around him. He'd look clueless too. As would nost quarterbacks.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, genot said:

This is a pretty good example of what Darnold does. His receivers had nothing to do with him air mailing his passes.

ALL Sam Darnold's INTERCEPTIONS: Jets vs Patriots Week 7 - YouTube

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, GaryM said:

A good receiver is able to get open and be where he should be on each individual play. When the play breaks down a good receiver works back to the QB and tries to get open and give him a place to throw. Look at the WRs that have been on the field this year for the Jets, then look at all the successful teams and their receivers. The Jets have no number 1 and at best just one number 2. I'm just saying that Darnold would most likely be better with better players around him.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using JetNation.com mobile app

No. Darnold is not good.

52 minutes ago, JetsFan1986 said:

Yup.  Perriman should have got a couple of those.  One was a bit far but not an impossible catch to make 

Every week I see WRs make great catches to help out their QB EXCEPT for the team I watch except occasionally Crowder. 
Last week Barrios dropped an absolutely perfect very difficult pass on the run by Darnold. Rarely does he get help from his WRs or TEs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I hear ya but last year all those wins in second half came against crap teams and Buffalo's second and third string. Im not as excited about the wins as I am about the off season and no Gase. We have some decent young pieces and I trust JD to add some quality talent to this roster via the draft and FA. 

Forgive me but I'm having a difficult time being optimistic about this 2-13 team right now.  

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

Every week I see WRs make great catches to help out their QB EXCEPT for the team I watch except occasionally Crowder. 
Last week Barrios dropped an absolutely perfect very difficult pass on the run by Darnold. Rarely does he get help from his WRs or TEs. 

Agreed.  Apparently it’s always the QB’s fault except when it’s another team ? 

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Forgive me but I'm having a difficult time because optimistic about this 2-13 team right now.  

We get it you’re miserable.  But at the same time with the number of picks and cap space we have it’s not out of the realm of possibility things could change rather quick 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JetsFan1986 said:

Agreed.  Apparently it’s always the QB’s fault except when it’s another team ? 

I watched a Bills game & I counted like 7 catches that weren’t good passes from Allen but his WRs both Diggs & Beasley were making incredible catches & digging balls out of the turf. 

9 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

What concerns me is Darnold's inability to recognize wide open receivers.  That is something that can't be taught, it's  just the way he reacts to pressure.  Not a good sign for a franchise QB.  

• Upvote 1