Eric Bienemy

Philc1

Starting to warm up to him being our next head coach now that Harbaugh isn’t happening 

I saw a couple interviews of him.  Seems like a nice guy who players will want to actually play for which is a breath of fresh air after Gase.  And the Reid coaching tree has had way more success than the Belicheat tree

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Gibby said:

I’d rather Brian Daboll. What you’re seeing up in Buffalo is his creation. He also built the offense around Josh Allen and what he does well. 

Bienemy is likely just regurgitating all of Andy Rieds information. I’m afraid he’s nothing more than a coffee fetching puppet. 

Will the Bills allow Daboll to interview with us?  I’d actually be more interested in Ken Dorsey who is Allen’s qb coach

• WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

A Woody hire would be Schotty or Josh McDaniels

Woody has only hired coordinators with zero HC experience at any level (unless you want to count Belichick). Bieniemy will also be relatively cheap since he’s been waiting for his shot for over ten years and will just be happy to be here. Plus, it’ll make the league happy.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, jgb said:

Woody has only hired coordinators with zero HC experience at any level (unless you want to count Belichick). Bieniemy will also be relatively cheap since he’s been waiting for his shot for over ten years and will just be happy to be here. Plus, it’ll make the league happy.

Maybe we can get Belichick in 2022 after the patriots fire him after back to back crappy seasons?

• Haha 1

Just now, AFJF said:

More postseason success than any HC in my time as a fan, but the whole body of work isn't really what I'd call a success.

Went 8-8 with Geno Smith and skill position players that are worse than what we have even now

Rex ain’t coming back tho

• Upvote 1

This is the most Jets hire of all time . This is how we will tell if JD is actually going to change the culture here or not . If this guy gets hired we know nothing has changed , JD will be outta here within 2 years and around and around we go . 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

A Woody hire would be Schotty or Josh McDaniels

Because the guy you want is the right hire and anyone else would be a Woody hire.

Shotty is just as defensible as a hire as Bienemy. For one we know hes the one coaching in Seattle, hes the one who has helped elevate what Wilson is doing.  And before you repeat yourself with the "well he has Wilson and its Wilson". line, Bienemy has Mahomes.

Fact is if either were hired a case could be made for it

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gibby said:

I’d rather Brian Daboll. What you’re seeing up in Buffalo is his creation. He also built the offense around Josh Allen and what he does well. 

Bienemy is likely just regurgitating all of Andy Rieds information. I’m afraid he’s nothing more than a coffee fetching puppet. 

This^

Of all the available coordinators available Daboll is the one I want. He single handedly has built the offense in Buffalo. He’s developed a raw rookie QB. He’s done this working for a defensive minded HC. 

Wherever he’s been OC it’s been under defensive minded HC (except 1year with Miami). 
I like that he’s worked under Belichick, Saban, and McDermott. 3 successful HC. But also under bright football guys who were not as successful HC like Mangini, Crenell and Sparano. Wherever he’s been OC he’s been handed crap talent and made the most of it. I like that He’s coached defense as well as offense. Was a position coach under Charlie Weis and has been praised by Brett Favre and Chad Pennington as a great teacher. 

Another plus is he’s Fat. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He's Matt Patricia.  No!

I’m assuming you are talking about Daboll. No he’s not Matt Patricia. Patricia accomplished nothing outside of New England. Belichick was the real DC. Patricia only had the title. 

Daboll is completely in charge of offense with the bills. His stops as OC were with Cleveland, KC and Miami. IAlabama as well. In all of those places he was OC with defensive minded coaches (except Miami). He had various degrees of success. Coached a National Championship team with talent and the other teams with very little talent. He showed he can adjust to the talent of the players he has. Daboll unlike Patricia has experience good and bad outside of the safeguards of Belichick and the Patriot organization 

1 minute ago, Kenny said:

I’m assuming you are talking about Daboll. No he’s not Matt Patricia. Patricia accomplished nothing outside of New England. Belichick was the real DC. Patricia only had the title. 

Daboll is completely in charge of offense with the bills. His stops as OC were with Cleveland, KC and Miami. Alabama as well. Daboll unlike Patricia has experience good and bad outside of the safeguards of Belichick and the Patriot organization 

I was talking about Bienemy.  That's what this thread is about.

• Upvote 1