Eric Bienemy

Philc1

Bienemy is a courageous hire in the state of Texas.  Both for the Texans, and for Bienemy if he accepts.

I spent a week in Dallas a few years back and could not believe what a couple of people said about Charlie Strong.  One was an uber driver, the other worked with my cousin.

Really, really ugly...

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Daboll is my pick. 

My pick too but I don’t see him coming. 
Has firsthand knowledge of our ownership situation. Was very close friends with Mangini who got screwed by the Johnsons when they promised him if he took Favre doesn’t matter how the season goes would keep him as coach. 

Loved Bienemy as a player for Colorado. I really wouldnt have any problem with him as a head coach. Also, Would like Daboll.

I think the key hires will be OL coach and DC. It will say a lot about where we will go in the draft and what they will do with the roster. If they go with a 4-3 DC will they get rid of Mosley and consider someone like Parsons at 2? Parsons looks like a future all pro MLB in a 4-3. Will they go with a zone blocking scheme or a power scheme? Will be interesting to see how it shakes out once they decide on who to hire.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Starting to warm up to him being our next head coach now that Harbaugh isn’t happening 

I saw a couple interviews of him.  Seems like a nice guy who players will want to actually play for which is a breath of fresh air after Gase.  And the Reid coaching tree has had way more success than the Belicheat tree

Yeah, we've had guys who players want to play for, Todd and Rex being the last two. How'd that work out? Is EB bringing the All Pro offense and the HC he coordinates for? One might say it's not fair to say "look what he has around him on offense", but look at what EB has on offense. At which point the next question becomes how much is he responsible for or is he just along for the ride over there in KC on offense. Very much how Rex rode a very talented D in Baltimore to the Jets job and fizzled out when the talent wasn't magically there for him, because he never developed any. Well that and people figured out how to play against over load blitzes at which point it seemed like Rex only made an effort when playing the pats*. If you tell me EB is essential to what is going on in KC then by all means sign him up.

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Starting to warm up to him being our next head coach now that Harbaugh isn’t happening 

I saw a couple interviews of him.  Seems like a nice guy who players will want to actually play for which is a breath of fresh air after Gase.  And the Reid coaching tree has had way more success than the Belicheat tree

Can you tell us what he actually does for his team, specifically?

Given we all know that the Chiefs Offense coaching/system is almost entirely due to Andy Reid.

Just being on a good team =/= him being a good Head Coach candidate.

50 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Can you tell us what he actually does for his team, specifically?

Given we all know that the Chiefs Offense coaching/system is almost entirely due to Andy Reid.

Yes and this same exact argument could have also been made against Doug Pederson, Frank Reich and Matt Nagy

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Hellz no!

AR tree is from Birds not Chiefs.

6 hours ago, Gibby said:

I’d rather Brian Daboll. What you’re seeing up in Buffalo is his creation. He also built the offense around Josh Allen and what he does well. 

Bienemy is likely just regurgitating all of Andy Rieds information. I’m afraid he’s nothing more than a coffee fetching puppet. 

What does that have to do with whether or not he will be a good head coach? Bill Parcells and Jimmy Johnson were never play callers but both are two of the best to ever coach the game.

4 hours ago, Kenny said:

I’m assuming you are talking about Daboll. No he’s not Matt Patricia. Patricia accomplished nothing outside of New England. Belichick was the real DC. Patricia only had the title. 

Daboll is completely in charge of offense with the bills. His stops as OC were with Cleveland, KC and Miami. IAlabama as well. In all of those places he was OC with defensive minded coaches (except Miami). He had various degrees of success. Coached a National Championship team with talent and the other teams with very little talent. He showed he can adjust to the talent of the players he has. Daboll unlike Patricia has experience good and bad outside of the safeguards of Belichick and the Patriot organization 

Very interesting. I usually believe the BB coaching tree stinks. So I thought Daboll was an automatic no. Live and learn. 

1 hour ago, STLuLu said:

What does that have to do with whether or not he will be a good head coach? Bill Parcells and Jimmy Johnson were never play callers but both are two of the best to ever coach the game.

?? Did you just compare a guy who’s never coached a game to Parcells and Jimmy Johnson? ?

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

That doesn’t answer what you were asked.

KC's last offensive coordinator Matt Nagy could be argued was just holding a clipboard for Reid and he has done a pretty good job in Chicago.

Sorry if your rhetorical questions don't add up

17 minutes ago, addage said:

Very interesting. I usually believe the BB coaching tree stinks. So I thought Daboll was an automatic no. Live and learn. 

I don't think Daboll betrays the Bills to stay in the division.  There are other jobs he can take.

Plus as someone said earlier he has seen firsthand how dysfunctional the Johnsons are.  Firing Mac out of nowhere, meddling in personnel, handpicking clowns like Gase, Bowles, and Idzik - why would he want this situation with no Trevor Lawrence?

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

KC's last offensive coordinator Matt Nagy could be argued was just holding a clipboard for Reid and he has done a pretty good job in Chicago.

Sorry if your rhetorical questions don't add up

Again not an answer to the question.

Guess you don’t know.

23 minutes ago, Gibby said:

?? Did you just compare a guy who’s never coached a game to Parcells and Jimmy Johnson? ?

Did you read anywhere in my sentences where I compared him to those two? I said you don't have to be a play caller to be a good HC. Ok, I'll use John Harbaugh and Joe Judge as another example if it bothers you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, addage said:

Brian Flores seems to be doing pretty well. 

Daboll is different in that he’s been a coordinator with other teams not like guys like Matt Patricia who’s entire career was spent sucking at Belichicks manboob 

Former jet Mike DeVito absolutely raved about Eric Beinemy on Rich Cimini's podcast. I've been listening to a lot of different Jets podcasts that were very down on Bienemy but DeVito  made me rethink it. He said that when he was in Kansas City and Beinemy was a position coach he absolutely loved the way he worked with the running backs. DeVito would joke with him about how he wanted to switch positions just to be coached by him. Says that his Rolodex of coaches would be lined up to coach with him. Was absolutely in favor it. Knowledgeable , passionate, loyal, are all words used to describe him.