NOW it’s official

Lupz27

Just now, Mogglez said:

Not only will I guarantee to you that Travis Etienne won’t be the pick at 2OA, I will also point out that Mahomes plays QB and was selected outside of the top 5 and DK Metcalf was a 2nd round pick.

He can be a great player.  He isn’t going to be the pick at #2.  No running back is.

The # of the pick means nothing. 

You pick your greatest need sure we need a QB but Etienne is a game changer who scores points running and catching the ball. 

• Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

The number of the pick absolutely means something.

RB is nowhere near one of our biggest needs.  The position is not that important.

Don't get yourself excited about the idea of drafting him at #2.  It isn’t happening.  At all.  Zero chance.

Our biggest need is a QB 

But according to your source Sam Darnold is coming back right or was that all bullsh*t. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Our biggest need is a QB 

But according to your source Sam Darnold is coming back right or was that all bullsh*t. 

That’s not what was said.  I said that there is a good chance because, as of today, none of the prospects are all that promising, but a lot can change from now until the draft.  I also said, if you read it, that the team does like Justin Fields and there still time for him to impress.  In no way, shape, or form did I declare Darnold coming back a sure thing.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Using a 2nd round pick to prove your point is not helping your case.

DK Metcalf is a beast and I wanted him selected with out pick just like I wanted Patrick Mahomes who you said wasn't any good. 

I remember Pepperidge Farms remembers. 

Just because you disagree with my opinions doesn't make you right. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

DK Metcalf is a beast and I wanted him selected with out pick just like I wanted Patrick Mahomes who you said wasn't any good. 

I remember Pepperidge Farms remembers. 

Just because you disagree with my opinions doesn't make you right. 

Joe.  If you’re gonna get nasty and bring up my misses, I’m gonna bring up the fact that you wanted J.T. Barrett with the 3rd overall pick too.  You want everyone that’s a flashy name.  It isn’t hard to be right when there isn’t a single name that you don’t want.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

The New York Jets are essentially on the clock.  We all know Lawrence going #1 to Jax.

Stake your way to early claim to who you want at #2.

I’ll go first, Sewell.

Wilson by a LOT. I think the OL is incredibly important. Drafting Sewell just does not make sense to me.

• Upvote 2

That’s not what was said.  I said that there is a good chance because, as of today, none of the prospects are all that promising, but a lot can change from now until the draft.  I also said, if you read it, that the team does like Justin Fields and there still time for him to impress.  In no way, shape, or form did I declare Darnold coming back a sure thing.

So we should waste the #2 pick in the NFL Draft on a prospects that are all not that promising. 

You have your opinion and I have mine. 

That Patrick Mahomes though 1000x times better than Sam Darnold and DK Metcalf would have been our #1 WR that we still lack and need. 

Just now, Mogglez said:

Joe.  If you’re gonna get nasty and bring up my misses, I’m gonna bring up the fact that you wanted Cardale Jones with the 3rd overall pick too.  You want everyone that’s a flashy name.  It isn’t hard to be right when there isn’t a single name that you want.

Yes why not my misses my mistakes won't top yours. 

Not getting nasty. 

You missed on the best QB in the NFL then ridicule me on Travis Etienne. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

So we should waste the #2 pick in the NFL Draft on a prospects that are all not that promising. 

You have your opinion and I have mine. 

That Patrick Mahomes though 1000x times better than Sam Darnold and DK Metcalf would have been our #1 WR that we still lack and need. 

I didn’t say that.  What I’ve heard and what I want are not related whatsoever.

18 minutes ago, HtownJet said:

Sewell, move Becton to RT.

Not sure about changing Becton’s position. It’s pretty easy to focus on him during a game because he’s so big. Except for that one play when Garrett got around him to get at Sam he was man handling just about everyone knocking them down and pushing guys around. He could be right now the best player on the team. 

14 minutes ago, GothamLurker said:

I am a simple man, with simple solutions.

Grab the best available player; Justin Fields.

I just want to see how we look with an accurate QB who had more TDs than incompletions for weeks, that is throwing the ball to his team for once. My thinking is we really can't judge this team with a bad QB. Wentz shown us, bad QBs makes the entire unit look bad.

Wilson is better, and will largely be rated that way by the draft.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Joe.  If you’re gonna get nasty and bring up my misses, I’m gonna bring up the fact that you wanted J.T. Barrett with the 3rd overall pick too.  You want everyone that’s a flashy name.  It isn’t hard to be right when there isn’t a single name that you don’t want.

Travis Etienne is way more than a flashy name go watch film go look at stats. 

The NY Jets haven't had a RB like him since Curtis Martin. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Yes why not my misses my mistakes won't top yours. 

Not getting nasty. 

You missed on the best QB in the NFL then ridicule me on Travis Etienne. 

First off, my opinion on Mahomes changed before the draft, but the stupid thread where I said that wasn’t bumped.  I wanted Watson more, but would have lived with Mahomes by the time the draft rolled around.

Second, publicly proclaiming that we should draft a relatively old college QB, who didn’t even play QB full-time the year you wanted him, at 3 overall is a more ridiculous statement than anything anyone has ever said on this forum.  No question about it.  He went undrafted.  You wanted a UDFA QB at 3 overall because you knew his name.

I don’t hate Etienne.  I hate Etienne at 2 overall. It’s, quite frankly, a stupid idea.

First off, my opinion on Mahomes changed before the draft, but the stupid thread where I said that wasn’t bumped.  I wanted Watson more, but would have lived with Mahomes by the time the draft rolled around.

Second, publicly proclaiming that we should draft a relatively old college QB, who didn’t even play QB full-time the year you wanted him, at 3 overall is a more ridiculous statement than anything anyone has ever said on this forum.  No question about it.  He went undrafted.  You wanted a UDFA QB at 3 overall because you knew his name.

I don’t hate Etienne.  I hate Etienne at 2 overall. It’s, quite frankly, a stupid idea.

J.T Barrett would have probably been better than Sam Darnold 

• WTF? 1

35 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

The New York Jets are essentially on the clock.  We all know Lawrence going #1 to Jax.

Stake your way to early claim to who you want at #2.

I’ll go first, Sewell.

clarify, please. Claim as in " What, I, personally WANT?"

OR

"What I , personally, think will happen."  ??

Want? Me? QB.

THINK? Sewell.

• Upvote 1