So Excited About This Team Right Now!

29 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

The face of the people actively hoping we lose out of Trevor Lawrence...couldn't find a drooling laughing idiot meme or gif to match the level of stupidity. 

Nah if we got Trevor I would have been happy but I don’t actively root for my team to lose then act like a crazy person when I don’t get what I want 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Were you excited when we made those back-to-back AFC CGs?  

“We” didn’t do anything. The Jets did. And you proved my point there.

of course I enjoyed those seasons and I was disappointed when the team lost both of those AFCCG’s. I’ve rooted for the Jets since I was a little boy. I’ve lived through Kotite, O’Brien, Boomer, Pennington, Sanchez, Tebow, Darnold, etc etc etc. Years and years and years of disappointing seasons as well as a couple of good ones. 

what’s your point?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JetsFan1986 said:

Nah if we got Trevor I would have been happy but I don’t actively root for my team to lose then act like a crazy person when I don’t get what I want 

We didn't just lose out on Trevor. We were the number one choice of prospective head coaches now we're like fourth. We are not signing good free agents unless we overpay. 

You were rooting for this. Recognize that.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, the Claw said:

of course I enjoyed those seasons and I was disappointed when the team lost both of those AFCCG’s. I’ve rooted for the Jets since I was a little boy. I’ve lived through Kotite, O’Brien, Boomer, Pennington, Sanchez, Tebow, Darnold, etc etc etc. Years and years and years of disappointing seasons as well as a couple of good ones. 

what’s your point?

He had no point.  Sadly the tank crowd has lost grasp with reality ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, the Claw said:

what’s your point?

If your point was that fans don't really have any effect on anything then I agree with you. 

I thought you were saying that you basically didn't care how the team did either way. 

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If your point was that fans don't really have any effect on anything then I agree with you. 

I thought you were saying that you basically didn't care how the team did either way. 

Of course I want the team to win, but if they don’t then they don’t. It’s like buying a scratch-off. If I win, that’s awesome! I’m elated. If I lose, I won’t go on a message board and feign heartbreak. It’s melodramatic and foolhardy.

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I was rooting for us to lose (so we could win down the road), not for us to tank.

Except today meant nothing without a Jacksonville win.  And they're not going to win.

So...are you really still bitching about last week at this point?

Because today's win cost us nothing.  The TL ship sailed last week.  This week, being mad we won, is ONLY about being mad we won.  TL was a non-factor today.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Except today meant nothing without a Jacksonville win.  And they're not going to win.

Because today's win cost us nothing.  The TL ship sailed last week.  This week, being mad we won, is ONLY about being mad we won.  TL was a non-factor today.

Unless next week the Jets lose and Jax wins.

That'd be pretty funny.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

My post was more to a sarcastic retort to the people on here who are suddenly all gung-ho about winning these 2 meaningless games.  People were also excited about our 6-2 finish last year.

I wonder if my post was titled "Was this the most 'Jetsy' season ever?" if it would've gotten the same negative reaction (because the tone of my post was the exact same sentiment as saying "how Jetsy!").  

As for your last paragraph, how many people thought we were going to beat the Rams?  Personally, I would've preferred to have at least had a shot going into next week.  Looking back on the win, though, I'm not "mad", I'm indifferent.  This win tells me absolutely nothing.  We beat a team that lost 4 WRs and 2 OL due to COVID.  If it weren't so late in the season this game would've been rescheduled.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

10th straight year without the playoffs and we're the worst we've been all decade!

We endured this train wreck of a season only to miss out on a generational QB prospect by 1 pick

Had we gotten Trevor, we could've possibly had a top-flight HC in Urban Meyer (at least it sounds like he would've considered it).  There would've been incredible buzz about this franchise going into next season.

We get an extra week out of Adam Gase before he gets fired!

Bring on Marvin Lewis!

Same old Jets 

15 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Of course I want the team to win, but if they don’t then they don’t. It’s like buying a scratch-off. If I win, that’s awesome! I’m elated. If I lose, I won’t go on a message board and feign heartbreak. It’s melodramatic and foolhardy.

Feigning heartbreak?  My post had the exact same sentiment as saying "how Jetsy!" 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

10th straight year without the playoffs and we're the worst we've been all decade!

We endured this train wreck of a season only to miss out on a generational QB prospect by 1 pick

Had we gotten Trevor, we could've possibly had a top-flight HC in Urban Meyer (at least it sounds like he would've considered it).  There would've been incredible buzz about this franchise going into next season.

We get an extra week out of Adam Gase before he gets fired!

Bring on Marvin Lewis!

You should be when Ettiene or Harris is running all over the yard behind the most dominant OL in football after signing Thuney and drafting Sewell.  It won’t matter who is QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I get so confused by this board.  I get the being upset about missing out on Lawrence.  I wanted him too.  I even kind of get the worrying about how attractive the job is to a new coach..But then I realize it's Urban Meyer that people are upset about?  Didn't see that one coming.

• Upvote 1

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

I get so confused by this board.  I get the being upset about missing out on Lawrence.  I wanted him too.  I even kind of get the worrying about how attractive the job is to a new coach..But then I realize it's Urban Meyer that price are upset about?  Didn't see that one coming.

Ted Bundy is coming along as OC though

• Haha 1