So Excited About This Team Right Now!

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Reality hurting me? Lol, I'm not one of the people taking until week 16 to realize they were wasting their time. 

Hi. I am part of the Wellness and Caring Team here at Jet Nation. Are you OK? Just checking in. Let me know if you need anything.. a nap.. a hug.. Midol.. anything. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I get so confused by this board.  I get the being upset about missing out on Lawrence.  I wanted him too.  I even kind of get the worrying about how attractive the job is to a new coach..But then I realize it's Urban Meyer that people are upset about?  Didn't see that one coming.

You don't think having a great HC is important?

Just now, pointman said:

The same way it has all season. Whatever it takes to lockup Gase and Sam being gone. 

You understand Sam isnt going anywhere correct? 

Just trying to get some of you to this realization now before you keep setting yourself up for heartbreak again. 

Gase is gone though, so rest easy. 

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

10th straight year without the playoffs and we're the worst we've been all decade!

We endured this train wreck of a season only to miss out on a generational QB prospect by 1 pick

Had we gotten Trevor, we could've possibly had a top-flight HC in Urban Meyer (at least it sounds like he would've considered it).  There would've been incredible buzz about this franchise going into next season.

We get an extra week out of Adam Gase before he gets fired!

Bring on Marvin Lewis!

Dude!! These are the Jets you’re talking about.  Lawrence or whatever coach you want. Bring em here dress em in green.. They’ll fall flat on their face. Come on man! You know that already by now. 

Just now, JTJet said:

Just trying to get some of you to this realization now before you keep setting yourself up for heartbreak again. 

Nah. A professional franchise would very much have Sam's figurative head being lopped off be a more than likely scenario. I won't be heartbroken. This team is run by a guy who's trust fund money is based off of baby lotion. Woody knows racism more than he knows football. 

1 minute ago, pointman said:

Nah. A professional franchise would very much have Sam's figurative head being lopped off be a more than likely scenario. I won't be heartbroken. This team is run by a guy who's trust fund money is based off of baby lotion. Woody knows racism more than he knows football. 

What in THE f*ck are you talking about here?

Also, a professional franchise would in no way shape, or form, dump Darnold at this point. They would do the exact opposite. You just want the Jets to keep doing Jets things and turn everything over every 10 minutes. 

Just now, JTJet said:

What in THE f*ck are you talking about here?

Also, a professional franchise would in no way shape, or form, dump Darnold at this point. They would do the exact opposite. You just want the Jets to keep doing Jets things and turn everything over every 10 minutes. 

I am talking about when you know a guy is horrible, like Sam, you move on from him. You don't keep him another year, and not use the NUMBER TWO OVERALL pick on something other than the most important position in the game. The Jets thing to do is keep Sam one more year and hope and pray that suddenly he turns into Mahomes based off of nothing changing. We have had Sam long enough. We know what he is. No lineman is going to change that. 

I am talking about when you know a guy is horrible, like Sam, you move on from him. You don't keep him another year, and not use the NUMBER TWO OVERALL pick on something other than the most important position in the game. The Jets thing to do is keep Sam one more year and hope and pray that suddenly he turns into Mahomes based off of nothing changing. We have had Sam long enough. We know what he is. No lineman is going to change that. 

No. What in the **** are you talking about Woody knowing racism more than football? What's that have to do with literally anything? 

15 minutes ago, JTJet said:

No. What in the **** are you talking about Woody knowing racism more than football? What's that have to do with literally anything? 

Woody's lack of football knowledge. He is the one who calls the shots. Everyone talks to him, he makes the decision. You seem to be easily confused and surprised. 

Woody's lack of football knowledge. He is the one who calls the shots. Everyone talks to him, he makes the decision. You seem to be easily confused and surprised. 

I'm very aware and very keen on what you were poorly attempting to articulate. Just curious why one feels the need to dump racism on the man to prove a point. 

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I'm very aware and very keen on what you were poorly attempting to articulate. Just curious why one feels the need to dump racism on the man to prove a point. 

Were you? You seemed distraught and filled with questions. Surprising you get it. Well done. You might want to read up before being so mad. Woody, doesn't care about you. 

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

10th straight year without the playoffs and we're the worst we've been all decade!

We endured this train wreck of a season only to miss out on a generational QB prospect by 1 pick

Had we gotten Trevor, we could've possibly had a top-flight HC in Urban Meyer (at least it sounds like he would've considered it).  There would've been incredible buzz about this franchise going into next season.

We get an extra week out of Adam Gase before he gets fired!

Bring on Marvin Lewis!

Love the complete speculative posts

Top prospects coaches come out of the wood work to a train wreck organization for a guy who never took an nfl snap

Very bright imaginations 

Were you? You seemed distraught and filled with questions. Surprising you get it. Well done. You might want to read up before being so mad. Woody, doesn't care about you. 

I'm still waiting. Enlighten me. 

Why does racism have anything to do with Woody Johnson, Woody Johnson's knowledge of football, or anything else? 

What racist would pay millions to two minority head coaches? Or were you making a very weak attempt to disparage the guy because you dont agree with his viewpoints...Seems legit. 

Just now, JTJet said:

I'm still waiting. Enlighten me. 

Why does racism have anything to do with Woody Johnson, Woody Johnson's knowledge of football, or anything else? 

What racist would pay millions to two minority head coaches? Or were you making a very weak attempt to disparage the guy because you dont agree with his viewpoints...Seems legit. 

Haha yes, because Donald Sterling was never employing black people in any realm.  

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Love the complete speculative posts

Top prospects coaches come out of the wood work to a train wreck organization for a guy who never took an nfl snap

Very bright imaginations 

You can't think of a reason why a top-notch HC would want to coach a team that's about to pick Trevor Lawrence?  

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

Yikes, you're slow. Google it. I can't walk you through everything. 

I know what you're attempting to talk about it. The problem being you're taking an accusation at its word. You dont know anything about the situation. Until proven otherwise, people deserve the presumption of innocence and benefit of doubt. 

Theres more evidence he is not a racist than anything remotely saying he is. 

But "muhpolitcs" doesnt allow you to understand that. 

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You can't think of a reason why a top-notch HC would want to coach a team that's about to pick Trevor Lawrence?  

No...this is a fantasy in fans minds. Find me the latest example some top prospect coach went to a team to a horrible team with a bad reputation for an untested rookie 

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I know what you're attempting to talk about it. The problem being you're taking an accusation at its word. You dont know anything about the situation. Until proven otherwise, people deserve the presumption of innocence and benefit of doubt. 

Theres more evidence he is not a racist than anything remotely saying he is. 

But "muhpolitcs" doesnt allow you to understand that. 

Haha Christopher's stance says otherwise. Your knowledge is clearly clouded, as well as void of any knowledge. Yet here you are. 

Just now, pointman said:

Haha Christopher's stance says otherwise. Your knowledge is clearly clouded, as well as void of any knowledge. Yet here you are. 

Again. Dodging. 

You have yet to show anything other than a mere accusation. That's enough for you to jump to a definitive conclusion? 

So, if I claim you are a racist right here and now. Then that's it by your logic right? Correct?

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

Yes, we'll all enjoy Sam Tank Commander taking us through another brutal year. Hurray. Glad you enjoyed this season so much. 

Now, live up to your own words and be cool. Make your family happy for once. 

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I absolutely do.  I don't think there is anything in Urban Meyer's track record, or any coach like Urban Meyer's track record that leads me to think he'd be a great NFL coach.  

Other than him being a winner everywhere he's gone (including beating Alabama in the national championship game with his 3rd string QB)?

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

Yes, we'll all enjoy Sam Tank Commander taking us through another brutal year. Hurray. Glad you enjoyed this season so much. 

Now, live up to your own words and be cool. Make your family happy for once. 

Never said I enjoyed the season. I enjoyed the wins though. 

Again, dont get mad at me because you cant read between the lines and see how things are going to play out then subsequently keep setting yourself up for massive disappointments. 

You are so salty it's seeping out of your pores now and its hilarious to be honest. So bent out of shape you are asking another board member to kill himself lol, all because muhTrevor is gone. 

Not that I give a sh*t.