Okay moment of truth. Do you want Sam Darnold to be our QB next year? POLL

Jetsbb

Sam Darnold  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Sam Darnold to be the Jets starting QB next year?

• Yes I want Sam Darnold back
    • No I have given up on him as the future

With Lawrence out of the equation, yes.

Build up the rest of the roster and see how he does with a new coach and an improved supporting cast.

If he falls flat on his face, then make a play for Howell in 2022 and at least he can potentially walk into a situation where he doesn’t have to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t every week.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Bad poll, we should draft a QB and keep Sam next year. Rookie should sit and if Sam does well we have Brees Rivers v2. If Sam fails we have the other guy ready to go. Getting rid of Sam unless a team offers us a 1st rounder makes no sense. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Bad poll, we should draft a QB and keep Sam next year. Rookie should sit and if Sam does well we have Brees Rivers v2. If Sam fails we have the other guy ready to go. Getting rid of Sam unless a team offers us a 1st rounder makes no sense. 

So in this scenario Sam Darnold is one of the five best quarterbacks of all time. Holy. Smokes.

What I don't get from the "Let's see what he does with a better supporting cast" crowd is, how much better do you think think the Jets are going to be next year? Do you think after adding a few starters through draft picks and starters that the Jets are going to become playoff-worthy and that Sam will magically become a franchise QB?

Even if they do manage to transform the team into a contender, we've seen Sam for three years now, and his flaws are self evident. Plus, the "lack of supporting cast" thing is overdone. Even with good pass protection and good receivers, i.e. Crowder/Periman/Mims, he fails to lift the team. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

So in this scenario Sam Darnold is Drew Brees. Holy. Smokes.

If Sam works out yes, look at Drew Brees stats in his 3rd year. If Darnold fails we have the next guy ready to go. What’s the issue exactly? 

Just now, BroadwayRay said:

What I don't get from the "Let's see what he does with a better supporting cast" crowd is, how much better do you think think the Jets are going to be next year? Do you think after adding a few starters through draft picks and starters that the Jets are going to become playoff-worthy and that Sam will magically become a franchise QB?

Even if that somehow did happen, we've seen Sam for three years now, and his flaws are self evident. Plus, the "lack of supporting cast" think is overdone. Even with good pass protection and good receivers, i.e. Crowder/Periman/Mims, he fails to lift the team. 

With a new coach the offense can be light years better.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1