Jump to content

Okay moment of truth. Do you want Sam Darnold to be our QB next year? POLL


Sam Darnold  

244 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you want Sam Darnold to be the Jets starting QB next year?

    • Yes I want Sam Darnold back
      89
    • No I have given up on him as the future
      154


Recommended Posts

F*ck no, there's only a sliver of debate to be had. He has talent but his confidence and processing ability is shot. The greats don't have that happen to them regardless of situation. 

The best case scenario for him as a Jet is if he becomes "good". Just good, which even then is more unlikely than likely. Nothing has shown that he would surpass "good" either. Both parties need a fresh start plain and simple, there's no other way to look at it. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Running JetNation has been good for me in a lot of ways. The absolute worst part of it has been having to deal with things like this. Rape jokes, threatening physical violence...these are not anything

So today was a “good” day for him. He still went  16-32 with 175 yards 

More like @Gastineau Dies, amirite?

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Do you have a list of quarterbacks that started the three years of their careers as dogsh*t and finished their careers as dogsh*t?

Do you have a list of QBs that have entered the leuage to a set of circumstances as absurd as what Darnold has had to deal with? 
 

To answer your question, two HOF names stand out. Steve Young and Drew Brees. Literally stunk it up worse than Darnold their first 3 years.

Regardless. Darnold working out is nothing but a bonus. He’s under contract and cheap, I’d rather give him a chance than roll with some no upside vet.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

With Lawrence out of the equation, yes.

Build up the rest of the roster and see how he does with a new coach and an improved supporting cast.

If he falls flat on his face, then make a play for Howell in 2022 and at least he can potentially walk into a situation where he doesn’t have to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t every week.

Just say it then - "suck for Sam"

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I want the next coach to make that decision. If he stays, there better be a plan to help him develop and succeed. If he goes, there needs to be a QB they love in the draft.

This.  Personally, I’m not ready to commit to anyone not named Lawrence from this draft.  HOWEVER....if your top candidate comes in and wants his own guy, give him that. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, QB1 said:

Do you have a list of QBs that have entered the leuage to a set of circumstances as absurd as what Darnold has had to deal with? 
 

To answer your question, two HOF names stand out. Steve Young and Drew Brees. Literally stunk it up worse than Darnold their first 3 years.

Regardless. Darnold working out is nothing but a bonus. He’s under contract and cheap, I’d rather give him a chance than roll with some no upside vet.

 

@Jetsfan80 and @jgb would laugh their ******* heads off reading this argument I'm having with you

He is ****ed because of those circumstances. Hopefully he can become un****ed, but I'm not wasting a minute waiting for that to happen. He may have always been ****ed but I'm not wasting another year finding that out either.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

keep sam and build the oline and get a  #1wr and rb

Agree wholeheartedly . If Sam doesn't step up next year we will have a decent OL and new weapons in place for 2022 and a new QB. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If we had the 1st pick the answer would be much more obvious, my take is if we draft or sign another QB, keep sam as well for next year. If the kid tops out as a “game managing back up QB” why can’t we keep a player like that on our roster? The Jets should put tireless effort and resources into the QB room, who’s the backup if we draft Wilson and trade Sam? Morgan? We should’ve kept Teddy, and I think even if we draft a Wilson or Fields #2 overall, they should still keep Sam for the time being. I think him on the roster as competition and potentially a backup is more valuable than what we can get for him via trade. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, GothamLurker said:

PLOT TWIST!!!!

We draft Zach Wilson or Trask, and find out they are no better than Darnold during camp......

That is so NYJ......And I can 100% see it happening..."Shudder"

What do we do then lol? This forum will explode..........

Good idea. Never draft another QB again because they may be as bad as Darnold. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

With Lawrence out of the equation, yes.

Build up the rest of the roster and see how he does with a new coach and an improved supporting cast.

If he falls flat on his face, then make a play for Howell in 2022 and at least he can potentially walk into a situation where he doesn’t have to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t every week.

And you believe Howell is better than Wilson and Fields.. because? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted to keep Sam but not because I think he is the answer. I voted to keep Sam because I want this team to build so that when we do draft another qb, he has a chance to succeed. If Sam happens to prove the doubters wrong in the process, even better.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

@Jetsfan80 and @jgb would laugh their ******* heads off reading this argument I'm having with you

He is ****ed because of those circumstances. Hopefully he can become un****ed, but I'm not wasting a minute waiting for that to happen. He may have always been ****ed but I'm not wasting another year finding that out either.

lol are you summoning your buddies to help you out?

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, GothamLurker said:

PLOT TWIST!!!!

We draft Zach Wilson or Trask, and find out they are no better than Darnold during camp......

That is so NYJ......And I can 100% see it happening..."Shudder"

What do we do then lol? This forum will explode..........

Nah. A year of a new kid we tried on is better than a fourth or fifth year of a dude that is a known dud. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate the idea of wasting a high pick on a QB other than Lawrence.   Sam has been bad but we have a chance to reload if we use the picks to maximize value.  

Build the team and sign an FA qb when we have enough pieces to compete.  The chance that we can out QB the elite NFL QBs through this draft is slim and none.  
 

All in on a qb is fools gold.  Theres just not enough elite difference makers in most drafts.  This one will be no different. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

dude I've walked over waitresses bigger than you on the way to a fight or whatever that metaphor is

but my buddies will leave you looking like Jodie Foster after the pinball machine in The Accused

Haha how pathetic 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...