Okay moment of truth. Do you want Sam Darnold to be our QB next year? POLL

Jetsbb

Sam Darnold  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Sam Darnold to be the Jets starting QB next year?

• Yes I want Sam Darnold back
    • No I have given up on him as the future

This topic and poll are more than fair, it is a great idea for a thread.

What isn't a great idea is the threats that are going on in there.

Locking this so I can waste my Sunday night taking a look at this and deciding who gets banned.

I think Sam Darnold can be a lot better than what he's been here under Gase.  But I also don't think he's the future.  We have three years of film now and while there have been flashes and occasional "moments" of greatness, he's simply too inconsistent and continues to make rookie type mistakes in his third year.  Even if he got better coaching and was surrounded by upgraded talent I think it moves the needle only marginally.  In other words, I see him topping out at being a good QB and never being the kind of great Top 5-10 guy you really need in order to compete for championships.

It's unfortunate because I think he's a good kid who has some talent and he got a bit of a raw deal here, but I think both he and the Jets would be better if he played somewhere else next year.

I would love to believe in Darnold. He seems like a great guy and I really thought he was the one.  

But I just don’t see it. He’s doesn’t make enough plays. He doesn’t find completions that good quarterbacks find. 

It seems extremely unlikely that he is going to turn into a franchise QB after 37 starts of not being close. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

All of this would be easier if Darnold was a piece of trash human like Haskins.

That shouldn’t matter when it comes to a football teams, 99.9% of the league follow the rules and just come and play ball. That’s something that’s being overvalued is him being a “good kid” imo. 

Can he play is all that matters and that answer is no, we deserve better. Everyone talked about poor Sam, no POOR JET FANS! ?

Time to move on.  We have the second pick in the draft.  No need to give up picks to move up.  It may not be Trevor, but Justin Fields and Zach Wilson are still good QB prospects.  I am hoping JD likes one enough to take him.  Don't care which one, but hopefully one will be worthy of the pick.  And use four more top 100 picks and $80M in cap space to build around our guy.  And we still have two more 1s next year to add to it. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lith said:

Time to move on.  We have the second pick in the draft.  No need to give up picks to move up.  It may not be Trevor, but Justin Fields and Zach Wilson are still good QB prospects.  I am hoping JD likes one enough to take him.  Don't care which one, but hopefully one will be worthy of the pick.  And use four more top 100 picks and $80M in cap space to build around our guy.  And we still have two more 1s next year to add to it. 

This is where I am at. I am not sold on Fields but I am hoping that Douglas is sold on Wilson. Otherwise trade down and bring Sam back, but either way they need to improve the roster in a big way.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1