Every Zach Wilson play from 2020

QB1

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

There’s no doubt in my mind he’ll be the pick 

Should be the pick. Have no idea what JD plans on doing but if it’s QB, It should be Zach Wilson. Dynamic efficiency is the name of Pat Mahomes game. It’s only natural to want to find something similar in another QB. Wilson was the definition of dynamic efficiency in 2020.(don’t mistake me for comparing the two as prospects. just that both are dynamic and efficient as hell at the same time)

• Upvote 1

Hes 6'3 210. Built a lot like Burrow and Goff. Looking at the injury thing going around, dude had a Labrum repair, and his arm strength looks fine. This isn't 1985, and this isn't Chad Penningtons weak arm getting blown out twice in 4 years.

Let's see him throw and hismeasurables at the combine and go from there.

• Upvote 1

I see some bad habits in the Navy and Troy tape.  Throws across his body and gets away with it.  PA fakes are poor.  Won’t get away with those in the NFL.  Also it’s all RPO.  1-2 reads tops.  Doesn’t look like he  ever has to scan scan the field.  Add in that injury history, no way he’s picked #2.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Throws across his body and gets away with it.

Gets away with it because he has a cannon — watched a lot of tape. The cross body throws weren’t a long standing part of that tape.

7 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

PA fakes are poor.

Idk he looked comfortable turning his back to the defense and playing it off to me. Never really understood the critique behind PA fakes. You act like your handing the ball off and that’s about it. The most difficult part is being comfortable with your back turned.

8 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Also it’s all RPO.  1-2 reads tops.  Doesn’t look like he  ever has to scan scan the field.  Add in that injury history, no way he’s picked #2.

It’s 2020. The entire NFL runs RPO. Kingsbury brought it straight from Texas Tech. Patrick Mahomes was fine. Kyler Murray was fine. Lamar was fine. Foles won a ring off it in 2017. Plus, idk how much of this video you watched, but, I’ve seen him stand tall and scan in plenty of games which include his games vs San Diego State, Houston, UTSA, Liberty & Utah.

• Upvote 3

Honestly very unimpressive for a prospective #2 pick. Same for Fields. There's a lot of consistent issues on that tape and I'm only about 45 mins in.

For a guy who's supposed best attribute is accuracy there's a lot of erratic ball placement. Making WR's work harder than they should for routine passes. I've heard people compare him to Aaron Rodgers and that's pretty laughable to be frank. Doesn't have quite the same arm either even if he does throw a pretty good deep ball. 

But it is what it is. Not many thought Herbert or Allen would be the dominant QB's of their class but here we are. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I wanted Trevor more than anybody but if you look at his tape with a clear eye view you'll see that he's a one read QB that throws a LOT of screens, Trevor 2019 tape is horrendous lots of bad turnovers and passes, there's no perfect prospect, Deshaun Watson had 17 ints in his last season at Clemson so keep that in mind when watching those young qb's.

I really like me some Zach Wilson and I'll be honest, when I first started watching some of his games earlier this season my gut, my eyes. my mind were telling me. "Look at this fking throw, what a beauty, never saw trevor do that. What if we get a haul for TL and get this guy later, that would be perfect", I even talked about that in the draft forum at the time.

To me he has the highest ceiling in this draft, what really impressed me was the breakdown he did of his plays with BYU, everyone here should have a look.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, QB1 said:

I know I’ve been hard on this kid because of his Karen bitch face but he might be the pick 

interesting tid bit- his dad played DL for Utah so he has some football in his DNA

Wow props to you! You were unmercifully trashing him in another thread. Great to see you do some investigation and see how he just jumps out at you with his skill/

16 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I wanted Trevor more than anybody but if you look at his tape with a clear eye view you'll see that he's a one read QB that throws a LOT of screens, Trevor 2019 tape is horrendous lots of bad turnovers and passes, there's no perfect prospect, Deshaun Watson had 17 ints in his last season at Clemson so keep that in mind when watching those young qb's.

I really like me some Zach Wilson and I'll be honest, when I first started watching some of his games earlier this season my gut, my eyes. my mind were telling me. "Look at this fking throw, what a beauty, never saw trevor do that. What if we get a haul for TL and get this guy later, that would be perfect", I even talked about that in the draft forum at the time.

To me he has the highest ceiling in this draft, what really impressed me was the breakdown he did of his plays with BYU, everyone here should have a look.

thats also something i reasd..

he's a football geek/nerd...  apparently loves watching film and such...

The video is no doubt impressive. My biggest concern is the level of competition he has faced.  Not to mention he threw 0 TD and 6 ints in 3 games last year against Hawaii, SD State and Utah. Hardly worldbeaters. He also has a slight build  looks like he will have hard time taking hits in the pros  

Agree he’s got a high ceiling but he’s hardly a sure thing. Would have loved to see him play against an Alabama, Clemson or even ND. I just don’t see him at number 2. How will he perform with the current team around him? If you take him at 2 and whiff you set the team back another 3- 4 years

9 hours ago, QB1 said:

Lawrence is an RPO 1 read QB too 

Everyone needs to understand this is correct about Lawerence.  No one should be saying he cant be a full-field read QB, as he is so far along in his development already, but the truth is Clemson runs mostly half-field stuff.

• 3 months later...

Bump, everyone should watch and form their own opinions 

I love the talent and Kid my biggest concerns 

1. reckless running the ball, he will be killed doing that in the NFL

2. Had great protection last year, though honestly I think he did better when pressured vs when he had almost too much time. He seems comfortable in a chaotic pocket the few times that did happen 

3. A handful of bone headed throws into double /triple coverage. Every QB has these but with our history of turnover prone QBs I can’t help but worry 

• Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, QB1 said:

2. Had great protection last year, though honestly I think he did better when pressured vs when he had almost too much time. He seems comfortable in a chaotic pocket the few times that did happen 

I think this gets slightly overplayed. He seems more comfortable standing still in a pocket than Darnold did - but I agree.

On 12/28/2020 at 1:56 AM, Irish Jet said:

Honestly very unimpressive for a prospective #2 pick. Same for Fields. There's a lot of consistent issues on that tape and I'm only about 45 mins in.

For a guy who's supposed best attribute is accuracy there's a lot of erratic ball placement. Making WR's work harder than they should for routine passes. I've heard people compare him to Aaron Rodgers and that's pretty laughable to be frank. Doesn't have quite the same arm either even if he does throw a pretty good deep ball. 

But it is what it is. Not many thought Herbert or Allen would be the dominant QB's of their class but here we are. 

I really want fields but I have to be honest I don’t see what you are saying at all. The best QBs of all time are still making questionable throws on 30% of the time they pass. This kid places the ball consistently in a great spot. I came away from this video very impressed. I still want fields because I think he’s going to be a stud, but I won’t be upset one bit if we draft Wilson.

• Upvote 1

I’ve been wrong about a lot of qbs recently, but I look at that tape and see a late 1st pick, not the 2nd pick in the draft.

it’s nothing like Burrows, and looks much more like Manziel or Baker Mayfield.

I don’t like his throwing motion.  There’s a flick in it that wastes time and leads to erratic accuracy..  Most of the power comes from his legs (which is ok technically) but it’s not easy arm power like Mahomes or even Darnold.

A lot of what he’s doing is not going to translate into the pro game and im kinda seeing a Mayfield like NFL progression where it might take a good amount of time before he can catch his stride.

The Jets sure don’t make this easy on the fans..  If we bomb this pick, our franchise will be in the toilet for another 6 years minimum.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hael said:

I’ve been wrong about a lot of qbs recently, but I look at that tape and see a late 1st pick, not the 2nd pick in the draft.

I don’t like his throwing motion.  There’s a flick in it that wastes time and leads to erratic accuracy..  Most of the power comes from his legs (which is ok technically) but it’s not easy arm power like Mahomes or even Darnold.

A lot of what he’s doing is not going to translate into the pro game and im kinda seeing a Mayfield like NFL progression where it might take a good amount of time before he can catch his stride.

The Jets sure don’t make this easy on the fans..  If we bomb this pick, our franchise will be in the toilet for another 6 years minimum.

You’re pretty off in your assessment of his mechanics. He holds the ball low just like mahomes and Rodgers and has easily the fastest release in the draft. There are throws on this video where he is rifling the ball with both feet off the ground so I’m not sure about your leg comment either. Again with the manziel thing, I don’t understand where that is coming from. Manziel had an average NFL arm at best, the epitome of mediocre from a pure talent standpoint. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hael said:

This isn't gonna go over well.

1 hour ago, Hael said:

Sorry but that is just not an accurate assessment at all. Pretty much every analyst, even the ones who favor other QBs in this draft basically describe Wilson's motion as perfect. Not good, but like among the best in NFL good. And he actually gers little power from his legs, he gets it from hip and upper body rotation, and what makes him so unique is he can drive the ball while his feet are not even on the ground. I mean you don't need to like the guy, but your analysis is literally (in the real sense of the word) 100% wrong.

Also, the best evaluators of QB talent, Greg Cossell and Chris Simms LOVE Wilson. Their analysis of the worries about Sam were 100% spot on. Cossell came very close to saying he thinks Wilson is better than Lawrence on the Eisen show. QBASE which is very good at predicting NFL busts put an extremely small chance of Wilson busting.

Also, taking Wilson is fairly risk free. with 8 picks in the first 3 rounds of next 2 years of drafts, and without needing to use additional picks to get Wilson if he fails there is really not a huge impact. 

The Jets would make one of the dumbest decisions ever to pass on Wilson. Luckily it does not look like they will pass.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

This isn't gonna go over well.

Haha, I thought about not responding, but it is literally 100% wrong. Fastest release, best accuracy and elite strength stemming from hips and upper body rotation. He is one of the most natural passers in recent memory.

• Upvote 1

On 4/3/2021 at 11:35 AM, QB1 said:

You’re pretty off in your assessment of his mechanics. He holds the ball low just like mahomes and Rodgers and has easily the fastest release in the draft. There are throws on this video where he is rifling the ball with both feet off the ground so I’m not sure about your leg comment either. Again with the manziel thing, I don’t understand where that is coming from. Manziel had an average NFL arm at best, the epitome of mediocre from a pure talent standpoint. 

And Manziel was the opposite of a play book and tape junky, which this guy is.