stephen hill year one

3 tds 21 catches 252 yards

forgive me for having concern

I have already seen s hill and d smith fail miserably after their massive hype

the jets need to do whatever is needed to get Mims to produce as expected-coach him up work with sam or who ever in the off season

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The hype was massive on him and berrios has been more productive this season- this is a fact  Hope year two is better than year one rookie wrs have been killing it all year and some with tra

We needs thread to cry about every single person on the 53-man roster one at a time, as well as the coaches, the scouts, the marketing team, and Fireman Ed.

What a ridiculous thread.  Mims has been a bright spot.  He missed time due to injury and for a family emergency. When He has played he has done very well considering he has t had many targets thrown

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, kmnj said:

stephen hill year one

3 tds 21 catches 252 yards

forgive me for having concern

I have already seen s hill and d smith fail miserably after their massive hype

the jets need to do whatever is needed to get Mims to produce as expected-coach him up work with sam or who ever in the off season

I said a few weeks ago that Mims' floor is Stephen Hill and was ridiculed.  I'm sticking with it.  Mims hasn't done a damn thing yet.  I was high on Mims in the draft, but so far I am disappointed.

He's a rookie, he didn't have a camp, he missed time due to injuries.  I get it.  He can certainly improve and potentially develop into a decent player.  But some people are acting like he has already proven himself, which is complete nonsense.

When I key in on Mims, he looks very sluggish out there.  He's definitely not playing to the speed he timed at during the combine.

• Post of the Week 1

Mims was very well covered yesterday by a talented cb in Ward. On the other hand he HAS been impressive in numerous games this season and I think Gase should try and manufacture him more touches next week. 

Also, I saw this pop on my news feed today and it just serves as reminder 4080, no one is a sure thing and even talented players can go through struggles:

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/12/27/jerry-jeudy-john-elway-drew-lock-broncos-chargers-nfl-week-16/amp/

Jeudy was declared the highest floor of any receiver in last year's draft and one of the most accomplished to enter the NFL in ages, now the DENVER press says the kid can't catch. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, ryu79 said:

Mims was very well covered yesterday by a talented cb in Ward. On the other hand he HAS been impressive in numerous games this season and I think Gase should try and manufacture him more touches next week. 

Also, I saw this pop on my news feed today and it just serves as reminder 4080, no one is a sure thing and even talented players can go through struggles:

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/12/27/jerry-jeudy-john-elway-drew-lock-broncos-chargers-nfl-week-16/amp/

Jeudy was declared the highest floor of any receiver in last year's draft and one of the most accomplished to enter the NFL in ages, now the DENVER press says the kid can't catch. 

u and I have VERY different ideas of what impressive is lol

no touch downs for the entire season is not impressive

he has 22 catches all season

never had more then 4 in a game

never had  over 75 yards in game -had under 20 twice

wayne chrebet as an undrafted rookie on a trash team with a trash coach and a trash qb had over 700 yards 65+ catches and 4 tds -that is impressive 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, DoubleDown said:

I said a few weeks ago that Mims' floor is Stephen Hill and was ridiculed.  I'm sticking with it.  Mims hasn't done a damn thing yet.  I was high on Mims in the draft, but so far I am disappointed.

He's a rookie, he didn't have a camp, he missed time due to injuries.  I get it.  He can certainly improve and potentially develop into a decent player.  But some people are acting like he has already proven himself, which is complete nonsense.

When I key in on Mims, he looks very sluggish out there.  He's definitely not playing to the speed he timed at during the combine.

d smith and hill (especially smith) also had hype 

the funny and sad thing is even in this thread people saying he has been impressive and had good games-not sure what they are  watching

I have hope for the kid but his production sucks and tired of reading over and over again how Joe D nailed the draft and this pick in particular-the production on the field says other wise

the kid was supposed to be a burner and he is getting zero separation

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, kmnj said:

d smith and hill (especially smith) also had hype 

the funny and sad thing is even in this thread people saying he has been impressive and had good games-not sure what they are  watching

I have hope for the kid but his production sucks and tired of reading over and over again how Joe D nailed the draft and this pick in particular-the production on the field says other wise

the kid was supposed to be a burner and he is getting zero separation

He needs to stay healthy. The Jets QB situation is also a disaster for outside receivers. Darnold wants to throw 5 yard crossers all game. 

• Thumb Down 1
13 hours ago, ChewyandtheJets said:
  • “ Look I'm not a true expert but I played WR in high school”

no offense but I am still laughing. “ I know I haven’t run a country yet but I was the student treasurer of my 8th grade class”.  

our board is the best.  Mims suck.  Base sucks.   Darnold sucks.   Who can tell amongst so much suckitude.  

Hey no laughing I skinned a squirrel when I was 12 and I think I could have been a good surgeon.. 

Context people, proper context:

Mims stats:

Games started by Darnold: (8 games) 27 Targets, 15 receptions , 273 yards,  18.2 ypr

Games started by Flacco: (2 games) 15 targets, 7 receptions, 133 yards, 19 ypr.

Maybe the problem isn't Mims, but who is throwing him the ball (or in this case who is not targeting him). Short view, of course.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
37 minutes ago, kmnj said:

u and I have VERY different ideas of what impressive is lol

no touch downs for the entire season is not impressive

he has 22 catches all season

never had more then 4 in a game

never had  over 75 yards in game -had under 20 twice

wayne chrebet as an undrafted rookie on a trash team with a trash coach and a trash qb had over 700 yards 65+ catches and 4 tds -that is impressive 

Sure. With a rookie receiver I am looking for whether they can make the congested catch, do they does the ability to extend plays with yards after the catch. 

He's averaging 43 yards per game, so on path for the same kind of yardage we saw from Chrebet.  More important for me were how those catches looked - he's made a couple tracking the ball well and adjusting where he looks the part. Also, really like his contributions to the run game since coming into the team. 

He needs to be more consistent and we need to target him much much more, but he shows promise and given he missed preseason and then lots of the season, that's what you can ask for, IMHO. 

5 hours ago, predator_05 said:

The fanbase is envious of all those high-performing rookie receivers. Jefferson, Lamb, Higgins, Claypool, Aiyuk.

What the hell for? They pretty much all got drafted before Mims. 

Like i said, this board will always cry and find something to bitch about. Jesus its unbearable at time.s.

• Upvote 2
17 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

We needs thread to cry about every single person on the 53-man roster one at a time, as well as the coaches, the scouts, the marketing team, and Fireman Ed.

I am going to start one about Brady Sheldon.  We had a linebacker from Ferris State on the field!  WTF?  Even I didn't know the guy was on the team, and I have a near @jetsrule128 level love of the bottom of the roster. 

• Haha 1
On 12/28/2020 at 4:28 PM, #27TheDominator said:

I am going to start one about Brady Sheldon.  We had a linebacker from Ferris State on the field!  WTF?  Even I didn't know the guy was on the team, and I have a near @jetsrule128 level love of the bottom of the roster. 

He's an athletic freak. Football player? TBD. Bounced around 4-5 teams

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

No separation tho

Bye Sam. Nice kid, says the right things, but just isn't a blue chip QB. I understand these clips, there have been many, are just individual snap shots and Sam does occasionally make a stunning good play. However, if you routinely miss open guys on plays that are there, particularly big ones, the occasional sandlot play isn't going to make up for it.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
15 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

He should start at QB and throw it to himself when he's open.

This was the play that in the game thread someone claimed was a ‘great’ play by Sam because he found a wide open Herndon for a first down.

19 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

This was the play that in the game thread someone claimed was a ‘great’ play by Sam because he found a wide open Herndon for a first down.

If a TD is available, Darnold can give you a short completion or a bad pass for an incompletion.  If a first down is available, Darnold can give you a bad pass/turnover, an ill-advised scramble or a sack taken.  If nothing is open, Darnold sh*ts his pants.  

Yet to a sizable portion of the board, its the WRs' fault.  Yeah, okay.

• Upvote 2
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD 1D Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Y/Tgt Rush Yds TD 1D Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Touch Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
2017 24 DET wr 19 11 5 48 28 477 17.0 3 18 54 2.5 43.4 58.3% 9.9 1 9 0 0 9 9.0 0.8 0.1 29 16.8 486 3 0 4
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD 1D Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Y/Tgt Rush Yds TD 1D Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Touch Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
2015 22 MIA   11 14 4 50 26 494 19.0 3 20 49 1.9 35.3 52.0% 9.9                 26 19.0 494 3 0 3
2014 22 GNB WR 17 16 11 66 38 446 11.7 3 23 45 2.4 27.9 57.6% 6.8                 38 11.7 446 3 0 5
2017 22 TEN WR 84 11 9 65 34 375 11.0 0 17 37 3.1 34.1 52.3% 5.8                 34 11.0 375 0 1 3
2010 22 PIT   84 9 0 19 16 167 10.4 0 11 26 1.8 18.6 84.2% 8.8                 16 10.4 167 0 1 2
2014 24 MIN   19 16 2 13 8 137 17.1 1 7 44 0.5 8.6 61.5% 10.5                 8 17.1 137 1 0 1
2017 21 TAM   12 16 2 55 34 525 15.4 1 27 70 2.1 32.8 61.8% 9.5                 34 15.4 525 1 0 4
2016*+ 22 KAN   10 16 1 83 61 593 9.7 6 31 49 3.8 37.1 73.5% 7.1 24 267 3 11 70 11.1 16.7 1.5 85 10.1 860 9 4 10

... I'm not too concerned. Eye-test is what matters most. 

• Confused 1

Hard to judge him with Sam and Gase.  He showed that he could do what we're sold he could do; go up and get contested balls, so that's good.  I suspect he can do the average stuff too but that's pretty hard to do in this offense with this Qb.

• Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, JiF said:

Hard to judge him with Sam and Gase.  He showed that he could do what we're sold he could do; go up and get contested balls, so that's good.  I suspect he can do the average stuff too but that's pretty hard to do in this offense with this Qb.

He'll end up the 6th or 7th best WR from this loaded WR draft class.  Considering he was the 13th WR off the board, I'm more than happy with that.

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Bye Sam. Nice kid, says the right things, but just isn't a blue chip QB. I understand these clips, there have been many, are just individual snap shots and Sam does occasionally make a stunning good play. However, if you routinely miss open guys on plays that are there, particularly big ones, the occasional sandlot play isn't going to make up for it.

You’re joking right? Darnold has pressure in his face about two steps before Mims even makes his move.

He should start at QB and throw it to himself when he's open.

1 hour ago, shuler82 said:

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If a TD is available, Darnold can give you a short completion or a bad pass for an incompletion.  If a first down is available, Darnold can give you a bad pass/turnover, an ill-advised scramble or a sack taken.  If nothing is open, Darnold sh*ts his pants.  

Yet to a sizable portion of the board, its the WRs' fault.  Yeah, okay.

Ehhhh.  I have done plenty of breakdowns here showing Sam missing guys, but this wouldn’t be one of those instances.  Fant gets blown up, the rest of the protection/pressure dictates that Sam has to roll to the right, and there is zero chance he completes that ball while doing so.  I’d be more upset if he did attempt to do that because it would be an across the body and field throw with absolutely zero chance of being completed, while we had a lead.  It’s either an incomplete pass or intercepted and then everyone is screaming how he didn’t see a wide open Herndon underneath and he’s stupid for attempting a pass like that.  It sucks for Mims because he cooked Ward on the route, but the o-line is to blame here and Sam made the right decision and a good play.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Ehhhh.  I have done plenty of breakdowns here showing Sam missing guys, but this wouldn’t be one of them.  Fant gets blown up, the rest of the protection dictates Sam has to roll to the right, and there is zero chance he completes that ball while rolling to his right.  I’d be more upset if he did attempt to do that because it would be an across the body and field throw with absolutely zero chance of being completed, while we had a lead.  It’s either an incomplete pass or intercepted and then everyone is screaming how he didn’t see a wide open Herndon underneath and he’s stupid for attempting a pass like that. 

Fair enough.  But as you've demonstrated, there are seemingly endless clips of Darnold making the wrong read or not seeing the whole field (or anything close to it), so he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt here.

• Upvote 1
On 12/28/2020 at 11:23 AM, DoubleDown said:

I said a few weeks ago that Mims' floor is Stephen Hill and was ridiculed. 

Because every WRs floor is some scrub who didnt work out like Hill.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fair enough.  But as you've demonstrated, there are seemingly endless clips of Darnold making the wrong read or not seeing the whole field (or anything close to it), so he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt here.

I pray for the rookie QB that we draft and is subjected to arm chair QBs finding examples of them missing WRs

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Totally get it.  I’m just trying to be as objective as possible on a play-by-play basis lol.  I just see this as a good play by Sam and an encouraging sign from Mims.  Dude will get his eventually.

• Upvote 1
On 12/27/2020 at 11:10 PM, Integrity28 said:

I agree. I'll start one on Henry The POS Anderson. You take Lamar Jackson. 

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Ehhhh.  I have done plenty of breakdowns here showing Sam missing guys, but this wouldn’t be one of those instances.  Fant gets blown up, the rest of the protection/pressure dictates that Sam has to roll to the right, and there is zero chance he completes that ball while doing so.  I’d be more upset if he did attempt to do that because it would be an across the body and field throw with absolutely zero chance of being completed, while we had a lead.  It’s either an incomplete pass or intercepted and then everyone is screaming how he didn’t see a wide open Herndon underneath and he’s stupid for attempting a pass like that.  It sucks for Mims because he cooked Ward on the route, but the o-line is to blame here and Sam made the right decision and a good play.

You might be right.  But if Mims was the first read, it was pretty clear he was going to be wide open a split-second after his stutter.  Right when Fant was getting pushed into his face.  Seems to me that he could have slid left a step or two and had an easy play. 

But it wasn't clear Darnold was even looking at him...

25 minutes ago, QB1 said:

You’re joking right? Darnold has pressure in his face about two steps before Mims even makes his move.

No, I'm not. There are many clips showing Sam missing guys wide open, that don't show the line breaking down. I've seen more than a few live. The video clip I qouted was originally posted because someone said Mims didn't get any separation. My opinion isn't based on that one clip. If he comes back next year I'll be rooting for him to succeed as he has potential and is an easy guy to root for. That doesn't mean I'm not ready to move on to the next contestant.