Since 1970, Only the 3rd Time the Jets have had the 2nd Pick...

In 1980, the Jets selected the forgettable WR, Johnny "Lam" Jones...

Taken #3, directly after Lam Jones, was OT and Hall of Famer, Anthony Munoz...

In 1990, the Jets selected the infamous RB, Blair Thomas...

Taken next, at #3, DT and Hall of Famer, Cortez Kennedy...

As usual, history does not favor the Jets...

5 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

So you're saying whomever is taken #3 is a future HOF then, eh?

Nice for the Bengals I guess.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Just yanking your chain. How about them Blazers.

Oh.  I'm really stoked. They gave up 126 points the other day.  And got blown out by more than 20-30 pointss in the three games before that.  But you know Blazer fans.  Nothing wrong.  Don't fire anybody.  "We're just so darn lucky just to have a team."  You probably find similar behavior in lemmings before they jump off cliffs.

1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

Oh.  I'm really stoked. They gave up 126 points the other day.  And got blown out by more than 20-30 pointss in the three games before that.  But you know Blazer fans.  Nothing wrong.  Don't fire anybody.  "We're just so darn lucky just to have a team."  You probably find similar behavior in lemmings before they jump off cliffs.

Our defense looks just as bad as it did last year and we barely beat a rockets team without Wall or Cousins. Don’t feel great about Dame’s opening two games either. We better get it together or we’re in trouble.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

1980, 1990 and now 2020?  What's up with these "years ending with a 0"?

19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Our defense looks just as bad as it did last year and we barely beat a rockets team without Wall or Cousins. Don’t feel great about Dame’s opening two games either. We better get it together or we’re in trouble.

Allen's gone so nobody is going to do anything.  I give credit to Olshey for at least trying with Covington.  But he's as bad at Maccganan was at comstructinh rosters.  They are always just so unbalanced and full of spare part players he's obsessed about since the draft.  And what's worse Terry Stotts is absolutely mailing it in from a competitive standpoint. 

The Blazers never addressed the talent disparity because playoff appearances were more important to the bottom line.  But the roster is absolutely filled with retread nobodies.  I'm more disappointed in he fan base though.  This franchise put together title contenders in three different decades.  Now the fans are more concerned that nothing tip over their little Rip City apple cart.   "All that matters is Dame.  I don't mind losing."  Ugh. But it's a terrible product and I often times miss games now.  The new announcers are bad too.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Allen's gone so nobody is going to do anything.  I give credit to Olshey for at least trying with Covington.  But he's as bad at Maccganan was at comstructinh rosters.  They are always just so unbalanced and full of spare part players he's obsessed about since the draft.  And what's worse Terry Stotts is absolutely mailing it in from a competitive standpoint. 

The Blazers never addressed the talent disparity because playoff appearances were more important to the bottom line.  But the roster is absolutely filled with retread nobodies.  I'm more disappointed in he fan base though.  This franchise put together title contenders in three different decades.  Now the fans are more concerned that nothing tip over their little Rip City apple cart.   "All that matters is Dame.  I don't mind losing."  Ugh. But it's a terrible product and I often times miss games now.  The new announcers are bad too.

Agreed on all accounts. Olshay’s obsession with Simons is disturbing. I understand he came into the league out of high school but he’s just not good enough of a shot creator or defender at this stage of his career to keep him on the roster as the #2 PG to Dame. We’ll lose Gary Trent because we won’t give him a bigger role. Melo was a nice story but we didn’t need to re-sign him even if he was told he’d come off the bench. Hood is a jag who can give you a decent shooting night every once in a blue moon. Nurkic refuses to be more aggressive around the rim and his defense has regressed some. Kanter was an alright pick up & Idk why Derrick Jones Jr is here lol. 

The team looked better on defense with nobodies like Maurice Harkless & Aminu in 18’-19’

• Upvote 1