SNY Jets Coverage

SNY letting go of Jonas Schwartz in surprising move

By Phil Mushnick

December 27, 2020 | 8:05pm 

Jonas Schwartz, an SNY studio regular since 2007, will be let go as of Dec. 31 when his contract expires, The Post has learned. 

The move seems surprising in that Schwartz handled so much at SNY, including Mets’ wraparound shows and occasional baseball and college basketball play-by-play.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/27/sny-letting-go-of-jonas-schwartz-in-surprising-move/

the jets shows are generally good.  bart scott does a really good job as does cascadden.  so did lucas.  i can only think schwarz has another job in the wings and sny is being cheap.  they wouldn't pay lucas and so he left.  custer was pretty good as the moderator.  maybe they'll move coakley into schwarz's spot. 

5 minutes ago, rangerous said:

the jets shows are generally good.  bart scott does a really good job as does cascadden.  so did lucas.  i can only think schwarz has another job in the wings and sny is being cheap.  they wouldn't pay lucas and so he left.  custer was pretty good as the moderator.  maybe they'll move coakley into schwarz's spot. 

Probably. I think Jonas definitely ruffled feather this year as he really became critical of the Jets, especially Gase. That's a no-no in SNY land. Ask Ray Lucas. Jeanne will be perfect.......bleeds green and white, and is anything but confrontational.

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Ray Lucas and Westhoff were great on the post-game.  Of course, the Jets had to ruin even that.  

Not a Lucas fan on the SNY shows. Not prepared. Pay Mo and saying Bilal Powell is all he ever said. JMO

• Upvote 1

The best on that show were Adam Schein, Mike Westhoff and Ray Lucas. They had the best chemistry together.

And if I remember correctly they would bring in guests from time to time for short stints.

Joe klecko, Willie Colon, Damien Woody Etc and there was a better host before Brian Unger whos name is escapes me.

For a while it was a really good show because of the diverse backgrounds that the analysts had.

Bart Scott is good sometimes but only sometimes. You can get tired of him quick.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

The best on that show were Adam Schein, Mike Westhoff and Ray Lucas. They had the best chemistry together.

And if I remember correctly they would bring in guests from time to time for short stints.

"Color me impressed!" I never liked Schein but it's a memorable catch phrase.

4 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Agreed.  SNY needs to go get its Schein-box back.

• Haha 2

Also I would just like to add that there are not enough shows on SNY in Primetime about our beloved New York Jets.

Who the hell is home watching TV at 4 in the afternoon? Or 1 p.m.? The New York Giants have shows on double episodes hours at a time on their Channel. SNY seems to favor the Mets over the Jets.