Just take Wilson and be done with it

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I keep seeing all these scenarios all over the place on the Jets strategy. For me it’s very simple. Draft Zach Wilson 

You think it’s that easy? LOL We’re going to be listening to the Fields vs Wilson vs Keep Darnold sh*t for months.

#2 pick - Zach Wilson #27 pick - Najee Harris/Travis Etienne FA’s - Allen Robinson/JuJu

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

No ty with those shoulders 👍

maybe atl of car can get 5 years or more out of him(if they get lucky) but I wouldn’t risk it, I can see one bad hit crunching him

ATL will take Wilson and he will go on to have a 13 year long career and JD will have to answer for it because he ignored his arm talent/traits over something that barely makes sense like his frame.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

You think it’s that easy? LOL

We’re going to be listening to the Fields vs Wilson vs Keep Darnold sh*t for months.

From here and the media. Douglas already knows what he's going to do. Zack Wilson. Please. A toothpick with an odd throwing motion that's already led to one shoulder surgery.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

ATL will take Wilson and he will go on to have a 13 year long career and JD will have to answer for it because he ignored his arm talent/traits over something that barely makes sense like his frame.

It makes sense because  this is a contact sport, and having a small frame and barely weighing 200lbs isn’t a good combination when you have massive powerful men tackling and falling down on you. It leads to injuries, something that should never be overlooked in the game of football, especially considering the QB in question had surgery on both shoulders. 👍

Can’t believe I had to really explain this 😆

25 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

#2 pick - Zach Wilson

#27 pick - Najee Harris/Travis Etienne

FA’s - Allen Robinson/JuJu

I really want Etienne with our 2nd 1st rounder. I'm usually not for drafting RB's that early, but man we need somebody in the backfield worth a damn. 

• Upvote 2

I’m behind whatever JD decides.  My main issue with Wilson is that he really hadn’t gone up against the big competition and I’m worried about his frame and being able to withstand the NFL physicality.  I also ok with rolling with Sam because let’s face it he had had nothing around him for 3 years including an actual NFL coach.  Either way I trust JD

39 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

#2 pick - Zach Wilson

#27 pick - Najee Harris/Travis Etienne

FA’s - Allen Robinson/JuJu

I'm all in on this but no JuJu please!  Robinson is a much better football player and not a head case.

• Upvote 3

Zach Wilson, BYU, 6'3", 210#

Played mostly 2nd tier schools in the CUSA, American and SunBelt conferences.

73.4%, 3,699 Passing Yards, 33 TD, 3 INT.

vs. 

Kyle Trask, Florida, 6'5", 240#

Played in the SEC against all SEC schools.

69.7%, 4,125 Passing Yards, 43 TD's, 5 INT's

Wilson will (likely) cost us the #2 overall pick to acquire.

Trask will (likely) cost us our top 3rd Round Pick to acquire.

Someone explain to me why Trask is not the better choice (for us) to Wilson.

Because the idea of picking an elite O-lineman (at #2), a #1 WR (at #26) and a playmaking #1 RB (in the 2nd) THEN getting Trask appeals to me.

What am I not seeing here?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
33 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Yea what the heck!! Just take a boom or bust prospect but we got a feeling...

WHY NOT!! I mean whats to lose!! 

lol Thank god fans arent GMs

That is precisely what you do.

well, you take the QB that has the best change to "Boom". Unless you like wallowing in mediocrity.  

I'm not sure what makes you call him Boom or Bust - he certainly has all the upside I've seen in a propsect.  Where's the "bust"?

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

vs. 

Because the idea of picking an elite O-lineman (at #2), a #1 WR (at #26) and a playmaking #1 RB (in the 2nd) THEN getting Trask appeals to me.

Simple. Trask has a back-up skill set. Ignore the numbers, ignore the schools. Slow delivery, avg arm strength, not particularly mobile..

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Simple. Trask has a back-up skill set. Ignore the numbers, ignore the schools. Slow delivery, avg arm strength, not particularly mobile..

LOL, why would I do that?  That, IMO, is the best tool to evaluate a player.  What they actually did. vs actual oppositions, not what people dream they could do.

Wilson has played against very questionable competition.  Will he be so great vs. elite NFL Defenses full of backup players better than any player he's ever played against?

If Trask is so obviously bad, why I am reading that Pittsburgh might take a reach on him to eventually replace Big Ben?  Or that the 49'ers really like him and make take him earlier then the 3rd to be their guy?

From doing some reading, it seems Trask is very much a mental QB, not a pure physical skills QB.  Would that be so bad?  A pre-injury Chad Pennington, Kirk Cousins type?  He can still make all the NFL throws (it seems), you don't have to be Brett Favre with a bazooka to win in the NFL.  And frankly, I still like pocket passers who pass, instead of think run, and I like building elite O-lines to protect them.   

I guess we'll see, gonna be a very interesting Draft this year, no doubt about that.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

LOL, why would I do that?  That, IMO, is the best tool to evaluate a player.  What they actually did. vs actual oppositions, not what people dream they could do.

Wilson has played against very questionable competition.  Will he be so great vs. elite NFL Defenses full of backup players better than any player he's ever played against?

If Trask is so obviously bad, why I am reading that Pittsburgh might take a reach on him to eventually replace Big Ben?  Or that the 49'ers really like him and make take him earlier then the 3rd to be their guy?

From doing some reading, it seems Trask is very much a mental QB, not a pure physical skills QB.  Would that be so bad?  A pre-injury Chad Pennington, Kirk Cousins type?  He can still make all the NFL throws (it seems), you don't have to be Brett Favre with a bazooka to win in the NFL.  And frankly, I still like pocket passers who pass, instead of think run, and I like building elite O-lines to protect them.   

I guess we'll see, gonna be a very interesting Draft this year, no doubt about that.

5 minutes of both watching Trask and Wilson you can see the talent difference. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

It makes sense because  this is a contact sport, and having a small frame and barely weighing 200lbs isn’t a good combination when you have massive powerful men tackling and falling down on you. It leads to injuries, something that should never be overlooked in the game of football, especially considering the QB in question had surgery on both shoulders. 👍

Can’t believe I had to really explain this 😆

Russell Wilson - 208

Bake Mayfield -207

Kyler Murray - 207

Lamar Jackson - 212

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

5 minutes of both watching Trask and Wilson you can see the talent difference. 

I watched Wilson just the other day.  He won big, against a team that looked laughably bad, but he didn't look special to me.  /shrug.

Seems Wilson is the new hype-target now that T.L. is gone.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Warfish said:

I watched Wilson just the other day.  He won big, but he didn't look special to me.  /shrug.

I thought the same. But I was wondering the same about Trask. His numbers are super impressive. Watching him just doesnt connect. He looks like Brandon Weeden.

22 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

If you're asking for Fields or Wilson at #2, I don't want to hear you whining about another wasted top pick 3 years from now.

If Wilson is a bust after 3 years, then guess what? Yes you try again and draft another QB. I’m in the belief you keep drafting QBs until you find one. And we definitely haven’t found one as of now 

• Upvote 4
37 minutes ago, Warfish said:

vs. 

How many SEC QB’s come into the league and succeed? I’ll wait.

Lamar Jackson, Trevor Lawrence, Deshaun Watson came from the ACC

Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield - Big 10

Patrick Mahomes - Texas Tech

Josh Allen was a 53% passer in some Mountain conference.

• Upvote 1